Shoes for CBT

Hey guys, doing my cbt on tuesday, i have no motorcycle boots, so would some shoes like these do? http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/60128426798_5/slip_resistant_shoes_for_restaurant_McDonald_s.jpg

or will they just fail me and make me go another day?

Thanks!! :thumb:

I know i need boots, i just wanna buy them when I know what bike i will get, as i want to buy a leather suit so colours and everything should match...dont want to buy some just for the test.

Thats why i want to know if there would be any problem if i took those.

:thumb:

As Tiggie said. Wear what you like. The choice of clothing, except helmet, should not influence the result. Though flip flops shorts and a vest may be deemed not appropriate. So wear the shoes and good luck.

CBT is not a test and, given that clothing is discussed as part of the CBT syllabus, the candidates can hardly be expected to know much about choice of clothing prior to attending training :)

I took some old walking boots, ended up using the shoes I drove there in..... although I note when I went up to do my Mod 1 and 2 my instructor commented they liked to see Motorcycle boots or sensible shoes at least...

As pair the link above really :thumb:

You can wear what you like for your CBT but I'd get a pair of budget motorcycle boots.

Just remember they'll be taking you on dual carriageways and encouraging you to get up to 50/60mph so if you bin it, it's your feet.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Still laughing about the guy on my CBT who wore a pair of leather soled dress boots. :roll:

as i want to buy a leather suit so colours and everything should match...dont want to buy some just for the test

Buy black boots. Black goes with everything.

Don't let your future bike colour interfere with your safety.

People who wear matching leathers for their bike are known as power rangers and internationally derided as muppets.

It's a dark path should you choose to go down it.

ok, so i think i will buy a green ninja and a red suite... Muppets for me are people who criticise how other people look...

And people with black bikes and black suites are power rangers and muppets right? maybe 70% of all motorcycle riders haha

People who wear matching leathers for their bike are known as power rangers and internationally derided as muppets.

ok, so i think i will buy a green ninja and a red suite... Muppets for me are people who criticise how other people look...

And people with black bikes and black suites are power rangers and muppets right? maybe 70% of all motorcycle riders haha

All the best.

Don't say I didn't warn you. I would love to see a poll on this.

You can get away with more outlandish gear on a big sports bike, but as you're doing cbt, am I right assuming you'll have a small bike with matching mighty morphin suit?

Oh dear... how to make friends and influence people... :roll: :roll:

you've not even got your CBT and you're worrying about the colour of your boots!!!???

If you're only getting into biking so you can wear colourful clothing... dont!!

I dont know why da f you guys talking not knowing a thing just asumimg... I habe to take my cbt to go for the das after. I have been riding bikes since i was 14,i am 27 now... And no i dont want a colourful suite..

just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should...my cbt centre actually suggested turning up in trainers ( so you can feel the controls), I nevertheless ignored their advice and turned up in boots and leathers, felt like they were taking the piss slightly, expecting me to be crap, and the other 2 taking cbt that day were in tracky bottoms and trainers....suffice it to say I had a brilliant day, whilst the girl who dragged herself down the carpark with the twist and go while wearing said tracky bottoms went home rather sore and hopefully reconsidered her choice of gear for next time.

you only have one pair of ankles, and even on the smallest bike can do yourself damage if things go wrong... my advice would be go in boots that cover the ankle at the very least