My First Bike

Aky208

Thanks all for your replies. :D

I had to get the guy who sold it to me to ride it home as I was bricking it too much. :oops:

To start off with I will go up and down my road this bank holiday and get used to being back on a bike. After that I will start to use it on the 7 mile commute to work. :shock:

Don't worry about taking it easy at all!

We've all been there :P I'm still nervous the first colour of miles when I take the Sprint out cos I'm sooo scared of dropping her...! :shock:

In fact, now I think about it my first proper bike experience was my uncle taking me and my 125 to an abandoned car park with his van so I could build up confidence! :mrgreen:

If anything just glad you're being sensible and not putting yourself out of your comfort zone :thumb:

Nice Bike! Enjoy

I did the same thing when i got my first big bike, literally went round the block for the first few days. Clockwise and then anti-clockwise so I could practise turning in both directions. Before you know it you will be doing hundreds of miles a day :thumb:

Pfft don't be scared it'll only go as fast as you twist the throttle. Trying passing your CBT and on the same day buying a 600 from a motorbike shop and having them all watch you do a hill start on your brand new 600 [emoji39]

Haha thanks all.

Decided I couldn't wait for better weather and went for a quick ride last night. :shock: it was a little bit hairy but it all started coming back to me. I love being on it and when I get off, I'm inventing excuses to justify the next time I get on it.

Nice bike I have the same Foxeye in silver :D

Great engine and the best brakes in class. Check that front sprocket nut has been changed. The original is 9mm. Yamaha has issued upgraded 12mm.

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-YAMAHA-FZS600-FAZER-FRONT-SPROCKET-NUT-AND-WASHER-KIT-/141276105948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice bike I have the same Foxeye in silver :D

Great engine and the best brakes in class. Check that front sprocket nut has been changed. The original is 9mm. Yamaha has issued upgraded 12mm.

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-YAMAHA-FZS600-FAZER-FRONT-SPROCKET-NUT-AND-WASHER-KIT-/141276105948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the heads up :shock: I'm loving the bike at the moment. The only thing I have noticed to be a bit crap is the headlights. It seems I would be better off wearing a head torch occasionally! Is this normal for these bikes? Any upgrades I should be aware of?

Thanks for the heads up :shock: I'm loving the bike at the moment. The only thing I have noticed to be a bit crap is the headlights. It seems I would be better off wearing a head torch occasionally! Is this normal for these bikes? Any upgrades I should be aware of?

Not normal for your version of the Fazer. The Foxeye has the one of the best headlights in the class. They both work as dipped and as high beams as well. Its unheard to have any mods for this model. Boxeye the previous model is notorious for bad lights.

Something must be wrong with yours. Check and clean with contact cleaner from Halfords the the connections and check the voltage. Replace the bulbs. They may need regulating for the beam. Or the reflectors may be damaged. The lights on that bike are so good I never even put the upgraded Phillips bulbs I bought some time ago.

Download and read the service manual and owners manual from here: http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To have a bad lights on Foxeye - not normal.