Is it me or the Christmas??? Wondering...

Guest Sleepy_RR

..."Christmas :roll: Cannot do with all that sh*t again"

One of the managers from work sent me email stating that we might not start well "But its Christmas" so he wishes me all the best etc :shock: [long story short] Same person I clearly state my feelings towards his way of dealing with work stuff "No offence but you sir are a f*ckin moron therefore I wish you do not speak to me again" :D He didn't took this honesty too well back then so I have been allocated to different manager. Anyway. Infuriates me the fact "you" change for a day because it's Christmas??? Ermmm Seriously WHAT THE F...!! :| I do not change because of the time of the season, I hate you all year 24/7 :lol: Wish people stop pretending to be nice only because it's Christmas :roll: What if you just be nice and kind all year ??? How about that :thumb:

However what annoys me the most is that Christmas is nothing else but about greed, material stuff, those presents you cannot afford and gifts you do not need or want, food you cannot possibly digest and alcohol. Pretended cheer and fake happiness.

“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

Am I the only one?

I used to never "get" Christmas.. :?

My mum hated it and would try her best to get away from it every chance she got, my father would use it as a way to play power games with the family and no doubt at some point I'd do something wrong, which would infuriate him and... Yeah sad family tales etc. :roll:

To be honest this has only really changed in the last few years.

I don't see my mum at all around Christmas and that's the way she likes things, we'll meet up after and enjoy a lazy day at her house watching films etc. :)

Instead I spend Christmas completely with my partner and his family and though his family (like everyone elses!) will have their little bickering and imperfections, I adore Christmas with them because it's not about the expensive presents and posh food..

It's just having a lovely relaxed holiday with family and friends being merry.. :D I feel cosy and loved and I'm really very very lucky.

I think when I wish people a merry Christmas, it's cos I want them to have that feeling of contentment that might not be easy to find in everyday life :thumb:

I have a colourful history with Christmas! My family are nuts about it, we always make a huge occasion of it and it's the only time we're guaranteed to all be in the same place at the same time. Unfortunately after a run of Christmases peppered with various deaths, family with mental health issues, a nervous breakdown (and I won't even start on what happened one particular year :lol: ), I now get properly down in the dumps in the festive season unless I try my absolute hardest to get into the spirit of things as much as humanly possible. Cue tinsel on the bike, wearing a Santa hat all day every day, and playing Christmas CDs in the office from the 1st of December onwards. I'M FINE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YE EAT ANOTHER MINCE PIE NO I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE CHOKING

I convert to Judaism for the duration... I did consider becoming a Jehovahs Witness, but they are far too miserable for my taste. So.. a weekend of lighting candles and being a very bad jew eating bacon butties and oy veying and happy hannukahing everyone.. which obviously causes much consternation especially with the nice family of neo nazis down the road.

anyway,, the best thing about Christmas is that its only two weeks later that chocolate EGGS begin appearing in the shops. New years day or the 2nd and the countdown to Easter begins. deep joy.

I always think those who hate Christmas actually love it as it gives them the perfect excuse to be miserable.. and get away with it. in fact they can be miserable and expect sympathy.

anyone for a matzo?

I haven't enjoyed Christmas since my father got stuck in the chimney, while dressed as Santa, and died.

Oh, hang on, that was the girl in Gremlins. Not my Dad at all. That'll be why he still lives in Devon I guess.

Nope - no idea why I loathe Xmas. Probably because I'm a miserable misanthropic shit.

Christmas was good as a kid, it's all the bollox leading up to it now that pisses me off, Christmas Day is ok , I so do enjoy the Queens speech and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Never really was into xmas much, wasn't really ever filled with fond memories. However now I've got my little boy and he's starting to understand what xmas is about I'm quite enjoying it :), can't wait this year.

As for the OPs question of people acting nice around this time of year, I get people are in high spirits and all that. However if someone is a twat, they're still a twat overall if they're acting nice for a few days.

I love Christmas more than anything. ho ho ho

:shock: I am not a ho ...but

I work ...on the corner :lol: 10 mins walk and I am at work!

:D

You miserable bunch. Don't you know the best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear?

F*ck you :D

I sometimes like the atmosphere in the pubs at Christmas :cheers:

...I don't drink alcohol so maybe this is where I go wrong as it seems that all spirit is in the pub hmmmm

You miserable bunch. Don't you know the best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear?

F*ck you :D

You're such a cotton headed ninny muggins [emoji14]

You may be joining them soon! :lol:

Oh..ho ho ho holy sh*t :crybaby:

I like Christmas. .....The one time a year when I get to see most of my family ...... 8-)

A HA! You see this is the main reason why I don't like Christmas :D