What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

5 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Had the best of days yesterday, Sunday.

My 19 year old grandson passed his CBT last week, took delivery of his Aprillia Tuono 125 last Thursday.

We spent Sunday morning 0800hrs - 1000hrs with him learning to use clutch and gears .... rev stall, rev stall, rev stall ...😁.. then smooth pulling away without any issue.

Sunday at 1400hrs I got my 650 V-Strom out and we went for a ride together, Rotherham through the lanes to J&S in Doncaster, then back via Barnsley ..... 

The Tuono is a physically large bike with 14.7 bhp available ... it's a cracker .... The plan is get him through his A2 before May so he can come to the TT with me ..again... but this time not as a pillion !!

Magic day ....

That's real magic.  

• Like 3

As it was relatively warm and dry went out for a ride to find tags. 

Stop n Stuff, near Woburn attached to Pure Triump, is now Emma's.  Coffee and cake was consumed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Sat in awful weather and awful roads to go get a remap.

But it was on the AT so it was an awesome morning.

IMG_3889.jpeg

Oddly enough I was only thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting on. been a long time.

10 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Oddly enough I was only thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting on. been a long time.

Couple of years+, eh.

Not doing an awful lot of riding tbh. After doing the NC500 by Vespa, the Himalayan didn’t enthral me and the Interceptor was sunny days only. Reckon I’ve done double the miles on the AT in a week that I had on the Enfields this year. And given how horrible the weather was this morning, it speaks volumes about how much I love the Honda that I went out on it.

How’ve you been?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Couple of years+, eh.

Not doing an awful lot of riding tbh. After doing the NC500 by Vespa, the Himalayan didn’t enthral me and the Interceptor was sunny days only. Reckon I’ve done double the miles on the AT in a week that I had on the Enfields this year. And given how horrible the weather was this morning, it speaks volumes about how much I love the Honda that I went out on it.

How’ve you been?

Good to see you about again.

Hope you are having fun.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Parcels to post, sun was out, good reason to get outside again. 

IMG_3969.thumb.jpeg.3dd45ae576d92d92324c19c66e496591.jpeg

IMG_3965.thumb.jpeg.15b9ad439cae693a69b87b54271b8bb9.jpeg

Also called in at the factory shop. I can remember when it was a proper factory shop and sold things for Billy bargain prices. Now it’s all expensive nonsense and absolute rubbish carry tiny markdowns from the inflated price they were originally up for. A complete waste of a visit these days unless you want to try something on before buying elsewhere. 

IMG_3967.thumb.jpeg.cfbe4e73a7dad5f3d79cfdc58b0c2097.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Interference Fit said:

Took it to Honda for it's 600 mile service this morning and then gave it a wash and blow dry just now.

MexvfcJ.jpg

You've done well. just 25 weeks to the day since your first post where you said.

I'm in my 40's and just starting my UK DAS process toward getting my first ever bike.

and now this. Congratulations.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

You've done well. just 25 weeks to the day since your first post where you said.

and now this. Congratulations.

Thanks, it's been a brilliant journey.

Just fitted the last piece of the puzzle, the darker, raised screen that was on back order when I collected the bike. 

r8CVvwX.jpg

• Like 4

Hi,

I was hoping some of you would be able to help me out with a student project I'm working on about self-stabilising motorbikes. One of the sections must be from a business point of view and include an assessment of the potential market interest. It's been very easy to get responses from other students who have never ridden a motorbike before but I've struggled to get responses from people that actually ride. The survey should only take between 3-5 minutes and I'd really appreciate any responses I get, It'd be a huge help. Thank you.

https://forms.gle/jbMChu7njXgjaACf9 

Thumbs up for the recall remap done by Grafton Honda in MK.

Really friendly, free hot drinks, speedy service - just a shame about the Gammon TV channel going on about tents and little boats, so I swapped it to the Japanese news station.

My next service is only going to cost me £140. Considering that’d be me for half a day swearing at my tools, reckon I’ll be going back for it and the book stamp while taking time to go eat sushi as they do my work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Thumbs up for the recall remap done by Grafton Honda in MK.

Really friendly, free hot drinks, speedy service - just a shame about the Gammon TV channel going on about tents and little boats, so I swapped it to the Japanese news station.

My next service is only going to cost me £140. Considering that’d be me for half a day swearing at my tools, reckon I’ll be going back for it and the book stamp while taking time to go eat sushi as they do my work.

What's Gammon TV? Never knew there was a channel just for me?

The maize harvest is in full swing round our way which means multiple tractors on the roads and lots of mud everywhere.

Add to that leaves gathering in the middle of the roads where car tyres don't clear them.

Plus the electric board are replacing all the poles and cables in our village so hopefully we don't keep getting power cuts so often - with heavy machinery in and out of fields adding more mud to the roads.

Then when the maize is all in the plough arrives. By this time there's so much mud on the road it's hard to tell which is the field and which is the road. I could grow spuds in the road outside our house.

So it's riding like Miss Daisy and hose it down daily time.

At some point today it'll be getting a wash and ACFing. Then a tank pad and the other Chinese farkles sitting on the kitchen table.

Realistically, I guess, I ought to ride it somewhere first seeing as the sun is out.

• Like 1

Sugar beet time here. That and the recent floods mean that any bend can turn straight into a slew of mud or gravel or sand or all three. Need to let it all dry out and the wind to blow it away; then at least we'll only have the gravel.  

1 hour ago, bonio said:

Sugar beet time here. That and the recent floods mean that any bend can turn straight into a slew of mud or gravel or sand or all three. Need to let it all dry out and the wind to blow it away; then at least we'll only have the gravel.  

Make the most of it. good practice for your off roading fantasies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Make the most of it. good practice for your off roading fantasies.

Ah you've found me out. I currently trying to get myself on a locally-run off road day. 

Fitted the battery, started it, played a bit but then went out for lunch with wife. New battery should hopefully be good for a wee while and I won't be riding it by then as hopefully I'll have traded up for a V2S.