Fire Work haters

onesea

You could also point out that by doing this thy have devalued their houses as now the "neighbours" have stated this they have to report it to any future buyers... Of course you don't have to if its your dog that will be leaving the area...

With a rescue pup that is prone to barking at noises, I routinely apologise to neighbours before they say anything... Normally they tell us not to worry its improving. Luckily there is small really noisy dog in the area that takes the pressure of us.

I certainly would consider police, particularly after a friend and her neighbour lost (they don't live near and our dogs not going near there) there dogs both suffered with organ failure, apparently a common symptom of poisoning. 111 call to put it on the books.

Looking at the dog's side of the story.

If you were closer I would offer to get him/her under control.

This is a fairly easy thing to deal with. Dog's are susceptible to get noisy for many reasons but essentially fear is the most common playing card.

If a dog doesn't have a "sense of pack" they will start responding to other dogs barking, because of their acute hearing you won't be able to hear the same distant noises as the dog.

Not knowing more about the dog and its environment I won't be able to advice :)

In all honesty it is about celebrating a man that tried to blow up the houses of parliament, which is fine.

But the TWAT FAILED what is there to celebrate :lol:

Nope it is to Celebrate the failed attempt on the kings life and his survival ,nothing to do with celebrating Guy Fawkes at all

Edited by TimR

Just to clarify..

You didn't get that posted, did you? more like shoved into your letter box.

Yep shoved through the letterbox, it's a house converted into flats so we share that front door, then have our own door, so we didn't hear it come through.

She is 7 and a half so quite set in her ways.. barks a lot at other dogs but not a lot at home. Just more than usual during firework season!

I'm not concerned enough to contact the police over it, any more notes and I might consider it.

Well I received this delightful message posted through my door on Friday evening, what a masterclass in the art of passive-aggressive behaviour!

No name or address, but they still signed it!?

Straight in there with threats of reporting us to the council :roll:

My dog is not a fan of fireworks, but she definitely does not bark 'continuously'.

20201107_145915.jpg

Years ago we bought a caravan that had to sit on our drive for a few days whilst I built gates to enable me to get it round the back of the house. The day after I moved it into the back garden I got a similar note posted saying it was illegal to store caravans on the drive. By then it was round the back of the house so I got it out again and left it out front for a couple of years. Never heard anything more about it.

Anything that doesn't identify the sender goes straight in the bin.