Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I tell people where to go at this time of the year! 

Plus I am in the process of planning some built in wardrobes so that's taking priority :lol: 

It's hard to turn things down when the folk involved keep giving you beer 😁 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, onesea said:

Today our Christmas decorations came down...

The dog got me into an argument, people socially distance picnicking in the forest.

He went over stood 15' away trying his luck. They waved sticksb at him, picked up in his name Ben when we called him away they then shiuted "Go away Ben" so he came back thinking he was in for play or treat.

When I put him on lead to take him away they tried to berate me...

Had been good walk till then.

They called out his name.... 🙄

@Bender......The old pellet burner buggered up for good......the engineers had been numerous times but was still giving problems.

So I told the owner he can take it back under guarantee and he could credit us the amount we paid towards a new one.

And we'd then pay the difference for a much better model! And here it is......the make is Peralba......Italian apparently.

est1.jpg.fb0b8ab2167350d56a94a267703e7c94.jpg.7c6465ee8cbc1e4ad0ebf5df145019c9.jpg

est2.jpg.0c43105714489b86bfdb1336b753681f.jpg.9169d9d1452e52c7624d5b4f576d385a.jpg

Very impressed with this thing.....hell of a difference to the old one!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

@Bender......The old pellet burner buggered up for good......the engineers had been numerous times but was still giving problems.

So I told the owner he can take it back under guarantee and he could credit us the amount we paid towards a new one.

And we'd then pay the difference for a much better model! And here it is......the make is Peralba......Italian apparently.

est1.jpg.fb0b8ab2167350d56a94a267703e7c94.jpg.7c6465ee8cbc1e4ad0ebf5df145019c9.jpg

est2.jpg.0c43105714489b86bfdb1336b753681f.jpg.9169d9d1452e52c7624d5b4f576d385a.jpg

Very impressed with this thing.....hell of a difference to the old one!

Looks good 👍 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Looks good 👍 

Much more power apparently and build quality is light years ahead of the other one.

I set the fan to level 3 out of 5 and I could still feel the wind about 15 feet away.

The other one circulated heat around the house.......but nothing on the scale of this one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Much more power apparently and build quality is light years ahead of the other one.

I set the fan to level 3 out of 5 and I could still feel the wind about 15 feet away.

The other one circulated heat around the house.......but nothing on the scale of this one.

great stuff 

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I don’t have a good experience of Italian stuff, looks good and doesn’t last but that might just be me n it comes with a guarantee I suppose so no matter.

So you havin' a go at my bike eh? 10,000 miles in all weathers and still purring along. Not rusted away yet either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's snowing heavily here. I was going out for a ride with a couple of mates, the condition of the roads isn't an issue, it's the fact that I can't get out of the drive.

Same here, the snow started at 4am and because it was so cold has stuck, and it continues to fall. My bike is now grounded as even if its possible to get to the nearest main road. its impossible to get back up the hill and leaving it at the side of the road is not an option.. it would effectively be uninsured. So... now waiting for the thaw. -2 tonight and near zero for the foreseeable, so its not going to happen soon.

Many years ago when I worked nights and the bike was my only transport I had to get home after it had been snowing. I was so happy at getting up the hill to my house that I walked back down to take a photo :lol:

486131_10200463373650853_2034937465_n.jpg

• Like 2

I think I've mentioned before my snow mishap. I used to ride in and out of Liverpool on my little CG125 when I worked in the city centre. I'd been brushing the snow off my visor not realising it had gathered around the hinge points for the visor and frozen solid. I wear glasses so I had to open the visor before I could remove the helmet.

I walked into the house, instantly misted up, couldn't see a thing and couldn't get the helmet off. My wife found me in the shower fully clothed trying to defrost the helmet.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Query for @Bender

20201229_130219-min.jpg.99f2d332b4db317325d837e5bc74fd65.jpg

After a day with this new burner, it appears to be generating a lot more heat, over a longer distance, using slightly less pellets, while producing considerably less ash and waste, and much less external dust on grills, floor etc. Is that consistent with how these better models work?

Also, we've got that tray to put water in to prevent the air getting too dry, so we tried it with the perfumed water that you put in irons. Gave off a nice smell, and my sinuses feel less blocked today. Is there any heater specific liquids that are better to use?

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Query for @Bender

20201229_130219-min.jpg.99f2d332b4db317325d837e5bc74fd65.jpg

After a day with this new burner, it appears to be generating a lot more heat, over a longer distance, using slightly less pellets, while producing considerably less ash and waste, and much less external dust on grills, floor etc. Is that consistent with how these better models work?

Also, we've got that tray to put water in to prevent the air getting too dry, so we tried it with the perfumed water that you put in irons. Gave off a nice smell, and my sinuses feel less blocked today. Is there any heater specific liquids that are better to use?

Less ash is good just means it's burning better, sounds like it's a bit more efficient than the previous one, water shouldn't matter along as you avoid anything corrosive it shouldn't be a problem 😁 your instructions should say if there is anything to avoid.

Steam heating systems are still popular in dry climates in the US as the rads constantly vent into the rooms keeping the humidity up.

They are fooking anoying noisy things though.

• Like 1

Just now, Bender said:

Less ash is good just means it's burning better, sounds like it's a bit more efficient than the previous one, water shouldn't matter along as you avoid anything corrosive it shouldn't be a problem 😁 your instructions should say if there is anything to avoid.

Steam heating systems are still popular in dry climates in the US as the rads constantly vent into the rooms keeping the humidity up.

They are fooking anoying noisy things though.

Huge difference to the other one!