Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

11 minutes ago, Bender said:

Close to the shoulder

My wife is going to have to replace an almost new front tyre with a similar nail causing a slow leak. Too close to the wall to plug apparently. Doubly annoying as she's planning to replace the car in September 😡

• Sad 1

I've plugged it for now ( yes I already know, you don't need to tell me!!) mainly because in today's wonderful cost cutting age my car didn't come with a spare and more importantly I never got round to buying one as planned. 

Pretty sure I will need 2 new rear tyres for Mot in September so I've just bitten the bullet and booked in to get all four done on Thursday :crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I did some work once for a tyre firm who had a vulcanising machine. It allowed them to do sidewall repairs. Not sure if it's still a thing but worth phoning round.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

I did some work once for a tyre firm who had a vulcanising machine. It allowed them to do sidewall repairs. Not sure if it's still a thing but worth phoning round.

Does it not depend on the tyre rating? Not sure myself but I think I remember reading something to that effect. Having witnessed a catastrophic blow out at motorway speeds I don't really want to wish that on my wife!

• Like 1

Good morning!

I'm still full from last night, I had 3 courses at a local place as it was mine and my ladies anniversary. Then it was a hot night sleeping, so I lay awake feeling a bit queasy :lol:

At some point today I'll need to pop to the gym. 

• Haha 1

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: In the dim and distant past I did some agency driving work for Michelin in Leeds!

I delivered new tyres around Immingham/Scunthorpe/Grimsby/lincs etc.

Anyway! my point is that I also picked up used tyres ( especially HGV/plant but bike too)

and took them back for retreading or whatever

• Like 1

I'm one hour in to a two hour training session on using a new coshh assessment system. It's the life I always dreamed of. As a kid I would stare up at the moon and wonder, 'will I ever see the unbridled beauty and wonder of an automated coshh risk management system'. Back then it seemed impossible, but a higher power out there must have been listening to that small child. 

1 hour ago, rennie said:

I've just had a 50 odd minute phone call with a prospective employer!

went very well! I have to do a "teams" interview next week but things are looking good! :thumb:

Good luck 👍

6 hours ago, goat said:

I'm one hour in to a two hour training session on using a new coshh assessment system. It's the life I always dreamed of. As a kid I would stare up at the moon and wonder, 'will I ever see the unbridled beauty and wonder of an automated coshh risk management system'. Back then it seemed impossible, but a higher power out there must have been listening to that small child. 

Must be really boring!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Must be really boring!

It was preceeded by a meeting and followed by an all afternoon meeting with a presentation on the importance of good project management. I was close to gouging out my own eyes and stabbing my eardrums with knitting needles. 

4 hours ago, goat said:

It was preceeded by a meeting and followed by an all afternoon meeting with a presentation on the importance of good project management. I was close to gouging out my own eyes and stabbing my eardrums with knitting needles. 

Sheesh, grim. You were clearly a very very bad person in a former life.

• Haha 1