Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

That was an interesting couple of days down south. Our usual excursions involve a central London hotel, a trip to the theatre and a visit to a museum, Kew or some touristy thing. This time I stayed in and around Barking, with a stroll to and from the University of East London to watch some judo (my son was competing but had a bad day at the office so we’ll gloss over that).

Some things I noticed.
The local shops are present in abundance and appear to be doing a decent trade.

There’s much ongoing development of residential property - mostly flats/apartments. 

There is a real “buzz” to the area - it isn’t for me but I understand the attraction.

There are numerous cycle paths, the verges of which seem to being used as secondary landfill. 
Electric scooters seem to be the transport of choice except for Just Eat / Deliveroo etc who use electric bikes.

There are more electric scooters on the cycle paths than cycles.

KFC food is awful (I resorted to eating in the Barking KFC for what appeared to be a good reason at the time but I don’t remember the rationale. Suffice to say it was flawed).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

That was an interesting couple of days down south. Our usual excursions involve a central London hotel, a trip to the theatre and a visit to a museum, Kew or some touristy thing. This time I stayed in and around Barking, with a stroll to and from the University of East London to watch some judo (my son was competing but had a bad day at the office so we’ll gloss over that).

Some things I noticed.
The local shops are present in abundance and appear to be doing a decent trade.

There’s much ongoing development of residential property - mostly flats/apartments. 

There is a real “buzz” to the area - it isn’t for me but I understand the attraction.

There are numerous cycle paths, the verges of which seem to being used as secondary landfill. 
Electric scooters seem to be the transport of choice except for Just Eat / Deliveroo etc who use electric bikes.

There are more electric scooters on the cycle paths than cycles.

KFC food is awful (I resorted to eating in the Barking KFC for what appeared to be a good reason at the time but I don’t remember the rationale. Suffice to say it was flawed).

Worked around Barking and Dagenham 10 or so years ago. Lots of flats going up around barking then to regenerate the area. Not so much around Dagenham which was even more of a turd of a place than barkers. The best thing about the LBBD was the public transport leaving the area. 

Hey everybody :tumble:

I don't like this at all....

Before I had the excuse the forum's website wasn't working well on my phone.

Then @Stu decided to create the TMBF app....

WWWHHYYYYYYYY?????? 😬

What excuse am I going to have now?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Hey everybody :tumble:

I don't like this at all....

Before I had the excuse the forum's website wasn't working well on my phone.

Then @Stu decided to create the TMBF app....

WWWHHYYYYYYYY?????? 😬

What excuse am I going to have now?

Just blame the app. IT can always be blamed.

Good morning :thumb:

Getting nearer to being able to set up the workshop, got most of the flooring done yesterday, another couple of weeks and I should be in business for doing some actual work in it, happy days :lol:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Which dark side? There all dark side to me, trash in most regards depending on how you look at them.

The Icrap side....