Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I do know of people who have hidden complete motorcycles and cars in friends barns until safe to reveal.

In one case a Laverda Jota and a Bandit 1200 since the early 2000`s with no intention of telling their other half.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I do know of people who have hidden complete motorcycles and cars in friends barns until safe to reveal.

In one case a Laverda Jota and a Bandit 1200 since the early 2000`s with no intention of telling their other half.

Cheers

Ian

I did this once, I accumulated 4 bikes in various states of project/repair. Kept 2 in a friends garage, who I later moved in with after breaking up with that partner. He joked when I came through the door "I'd say welcome, but half your sh*ts already here". 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Guessing it's a mast so going to.be difficult. Stick it in a corner and say its an awning pole for the summer or an aerial to improve reception of whatever you can't receive.  Have to say given your line of work that fibbing is a bit naughty. Us lesser mortals are expected to be lying bar stewards but not you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Have to say given your line of work that fibbing is a bit naughty. Us lesser mortals are expected to be lying bar stewards but not you!

He's a vicar then, or an Arch Bishop?

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simon Davey said:

He's a vicar then, or an Arch Bishop?

Don't be nasty he's definitely not a Bish let alone an Arch Bishop; they're all tossers.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Guessing it's a mast so going to.be difficult. Stick it in a corner and say its an awning pole for the summer or an aerial to improve reception of whatever you can't receive.  Have to say given your line of work that fibbing is a bit naughty. Us lesser mortals are expected to be lying bar stewards but not you!

It is a new sail for my Streaker. The mast is something like 30 foot. 

Fibbing is really just way of sparing her the stress and anxiety. What she doesn't know can't hurt her. So its an act of kindness really. 

Unlike when I hid a set of Rostyle wheels under the sideboard and they were discovered. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Awkward!!! Talk about sinning yourself into a holy firepit! 

Naaaaaaaahhhhh, I'm only kidding, I look after (try to) our little farm where we keep horses.

The only thing holy here, is the "holy shit"........

Although, I do have to use a CPAP machine, and therefore have a separate bedroom, which of course, does make me a tosser 😁 😁 😁

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It is a new sail for my Streaker. The mast is something like 30 foot. 

Fibbing is really just way of sparing her the stress and anxiety. What she doesn't know can't hurt her. So its an act of kindness really. 

Unlike when I hid a set of Rostyle wheels under the sideboard and they were discovered. 

Well if its a sail stuff it into a bag and if she sees it "This old thing? I've had it for years and just remembered I had it". 

42 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Well if its a sail stuff it into a bag and if she sees it "This old thing? I've had it for years and just remembered I had it". 

Stuff it into a bag!

Have you any idea how much this thing cost me?!

It shall be loving rolled onto a cylinder of the finest gossamer to keep it safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Stuff it into a bag!

Have you any idea how much this thing cost me?!

It shall be loving rolled onto a cylinder of the finest gossamer to keep it safe. 

Roll some material round the tube stick it in the living room and tell her it's a roller blind that they obviously got wrong 😂

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I managed to get a delivery whilst SWMBO was at work. 

Any suggestions how I hide it?

Its about 10 foot long. 

20240123_124504.jpg

On the rack in the garage with your old sails? On top of the pars and other bits that boats accumulate.

Good afternoon,

I sold my car today. Absolutely loved it, and will be sorely missed, but onto something a bit more adult.

On the upside, I got about £3k more for it than both garages I spoke to offered in part ex. That took the sting out of it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon,

I sold my car today. Absolutely loved it, and will be sorely missed, but onto something a bit more adult.

On the upside, I got about £3k more for it than both garages I spoke to offered in part ex. That took the sting out of it. 

Have you decided what yet ?

47 minutes ago, Bender said:

Have you decided what yet ?

Kia Xceed, but I'll be getting one in blue, or black. Hoping it does everything for the next decade. Gives time for electric cars to develop and the infrastructure for them to be rolled out... Or they crack synthetic fuels. I think there's not too much point investing in one at the moment, unless you've got access to cheap charging. 

Kia-XCeed_UK-Version-2023-1024-03.jpg

• Like 3