Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

16 hours ago, Gerontious said:

One of the benefits of a mortgage that's so close to being paid off.. I've stopped paying it for a year. apparently its generally a bad idea to not have a mortgage as your credit rating suffers. once its ceased to be. I owe (today) £213.56 and its not due until September next year. Though I might throw in a few quid here and there.

Also I have nobody nagging at me. "you can't buy that!!".

And sadly my outgoings have reduced somewhat with no 4 legged friend to feed anymore.

anyway, speakers have arrived and are out of their box. looking very pretty and strange on my sideboard. Kef LS50. white so they will kinda disappear once set up.

IMG_1730.thumb.JPG.9de0972f71aec5f85d6eb156f9ab4ce5.JPG

No council tax to pay either this month or next, so though Ive got them on 0% I'll likely pay them off next month. or near as dammit. Then start looking for a CD player or Transport.

Im quite good at being patient. sometimes.

I bought a digital audio player ( Astell & Kern ) a while back that I use with some really nice headphones. It’s sometimes a pain finding lossless music files to play on it but sitting in a comfy chair with no distractions and just loosing yourself in the music is lovely. 

• Like 2

It’s raining and I’m still in bed for the second morning on the trot. So, yes, another good morning to you. 

Good morning, been an immensely busy couple of weeks. Now winding down as I go into the weekend, which I'm spending away in London with a friend. 

Due to a double booking by my friends partner, who has agreed to let a friend of hers stay on the Saturday night, me and my friend will have to share a bed.

We are 6ft 2 and 6ft 3, both between 90-100kg in a small double pull out bed. 10 years ago this would have just been a funny anecdote that produced a number of gay jokes, pushing 34, it's a "we are too old for this sh*t" moment :lol: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Good morning, been an immensely busy couple of weeks. Now winding down as I go into the weekend, which I'm spending away in London with a friend. 

Due to a double booking by my friends partner, who has agreed to let a friend of hers stay on the Saturday night, me and my friend will have to share a bed.

We are 6ft 2 and 6ft 3, both between 90-100kg in a small double pull out bed. 10 years ago this would have just been a funny anecdote that produced a number of gay jokes, pushing 34, it's a "we are too old for this sh*t" moment :lol: 

Shouldn't you then be sharing with the friends partner's friend?

It's only one weekend, it'll be O-KY on the night 😆(someone had to)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Simon Davey said:

Shouldn't you then be sharing with the friends partner's friend?

It's only one weekend, it'll be O-KY on the night 😆(someone had to)

If I was a single pringle, perhaps that would have been my Saturday evening sorted :lol:

I know someone with the initials KY, and it took him about 2 months of me calling him "jelly" for it to twig. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Don't know why the pic came out 90 degrees out. Hey ho.

I believe making the image / file size smaller can fix that.

Today, for the first time in more than 10 years, I think. I’m sitting downstairs on my couch listening to music and not over earphones. I pulled out my (spare) 2012 Mac mini and am using that as a source for now. The speakers look great - not overwhelming the eye. The little 30w amp is doing well. Though all the cabling is a bit of a dogs dinner. I’ve got a fortnight off from the 17th using up the last of my annual leave and plan to do some decorating so it’s all just temporary. And will do just fine until I get a proper CD player at the end of this month.

IMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.b87e402c5cefcc7ef866f1a4270dfe7e.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gerontious said:

Today, for the first time in more than 10 years, I think. I’m sitting downstairs on my couch listening to music and not over earphones. I pulled out my (spare) 2012 Mac mini and am using that as a source for now. The speakers look great - not overwhelming the eye. The little 30w amp is doing well. Though all the cabling is a bit of a dogs dinner. I’ve got a fortnight off from the 17th using up the last of my annual leave and plan to do some decorating so it’s all just temporary. And will do just fine until I get a proper CD player at the end of this month.

IMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.b87e402c5cefcc7ef866f1a4270dfe7e.jpeg

I hope they sound as classy as they look.