Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, Takanta said:

Evening.   

After yesterday I am no longer a fan of beer. Slightly hungover today. 

So the penny's dropped at last !

Well, assuming you are Scotch, you'll have had a fair drouth for the beer.  So the amount of money you'll save will let you have much better things to do than making you feel ill the next day.

Within a few months you'll have saved up enough for a brand new Brough Superior. And another few months you'll be looking at a genuine vintage one !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Takanta said:

Good morning.  

I've decided to take the week off work. No idea what to get up to.

You could jump on yer bike, and grab some tags in the 2024 challenge. 

21 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

You could jump on yer bike, and grab some tags in the 2024 challenge. 

I haven't had a bike for 3+ years now since I sold my z750.  Was about to get another but then found out we were gonna have a baby.  😂😂.   I keep hinting at getting another though (bike)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Takanta said:

I haven't had a bike for 3+ years now since I sold my z750.  Was about to get another but then found out we were gonna have a baby.  😂😂.   I keep hinting at getting another though (bike)

Babies bring a lot of joy, not the adrenaline though. 

I did the same, I'm back now they're grown up. 

Maybe there's a motorcycle simulator? 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Oh what fun Dec 2023 and 2024 has installed on us already!

Anyone had the experience of an Employment tribunal? how did it go? what was it like for you?

Depends which side you are on.

I fired someone for gross misconduct and they took us to an employment tribunal.  The thing to know is that when you get your hearing date chances are your case won't be heard. They usually book in more than they can handle. This happened to us twice which meant 2 days of barrister's  fees down the pan. 

On the third occasion they didn't show up and the tribunal found in our favour. Dismissed their case and awarded us costs. 

When I got home I found out the reason they didn't turn up. The police had been tipped off that they were heading to the tribunal and arrested them en route. That resulted in them going to trial and being sent down for two years for fraud. 

They also nicked their solicitor who was also in on the scam. 

It took nearly four years to resolve the case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There's been a few scallywags that have been solicitors.  We had one from a few house moves ago who tried to hang on to the interest on our money. Not a huge amount but it was the principle of the thing. 

• Like 1