Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

6 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That's fantastic, and it's huge! 

Love the finish, looks really classy. 

Can you get in it? 

Really want a video... 

Yes you can drive it around. Eye Lights up. Voice modulator fitted (and dome lights light when speaking).

Still work to do before it is finished.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Yes you can drive it around. Eye Lights up. Voice modulator fitted (and dome lights light when speaking).

Still work to do before it is finished.

Very impressive. 

I assume it can also levitate up stairs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Afternoon,  dentist this morning,  no problems. Then onto Touchdown Cafe for bacon sandwiches and coffee. 😁

• Like 3

IMG_1889.thumb.jpeg.4c811f3493de601c950079d59ff231bc.jpegwifey likes catus, a lot.
This one (spikes and hooks) in particular this year has really flowered like mad, (no colour filters just a phone camera) also it has terrible habit of leaning right over to the window so every few weeks I keep having to turn the pot. Then it has the chance to catch the curtain and either snags or pluck it self bold then i get a bollocking for harming/killing the plant 😩.

bees seem to like the look of it 🥹as they bang on the window but most of the time it’s closed 😞

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 5

We had a boat trip out to the Farne Islands today. Absolutely fascinating. Puffins, guillemots, shags, gannets, arctic terns galore. Oh, and seals. Lots of seals. Then there was the story of Grace Darling… 

IMG_7521.jpeg

IMG_7523.jpeg

IMG_7524.jpeg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

We had a boat trip out to the Farne Islands today. Absolutely fascinating. Puffins, guillemots, shags, gannets, arctic terns galore. Oh, and seals. Lots of seals. Then there was the story of Grace Darling… 

IMG_7521.jpeg

IMG_7523.jpeg

IMG_7524.jpeg

That's on my bucket list. 

When I was diving, I missed our club trip to dive there. 

Those "waterfalls" of bird poo, did they smell? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That's on my bucket list. 

When I was diving, I missed our club trip to dive there. 

Those "waterfalls" of bird poo, did they smell? 

I have a bit of a cold so my sense of smell is somewhat reduced. They stank. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

IMG_7521.jpeg

IMG_7523.jpeg

IMG_7524.jpeg

Some of my wife's family comes from that part of Northumberland. Sadly all the ones who lived up there are no longer living. The rest were from Coquetdale and Humshaugh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Some of my wife's family comes from that part of Northumberland. Sadly all the ones who lived up there are no longer living. The rest were from Coquetdale and Humshaugh.

I’d never visited Northumberland before we moved up to Cumbria 5 years ago. We’d mostly by-passed it on route to Scotland when the offspring were at Uni or when heading on holiday. What a mistake.

It’s a fabulous part of the country. I’m intending to take a couple of days out and cover the Northumberland 250, to take in a few of places we have yet to visit. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Marnin

Open gardens now closed - Busy day.

DSCF0585.thumb.JPG.57ba25ea7387f63c7f93eee19feb7f28.JPGIMG_20200807_201945256.thumb.jpg.c0433898244c11d82cefc619d7481e74.jpgIMG_20200807_202244692.thumb.jpg.46c9cf5aadf2fd3973d5131ba64289ce.jpgIMG_20200807_202801678.thumb.jpg.461f7ae9b9e64d0ee167dce695094220.jpg

The NGS open days are wonderful. Those of you who open their gardens to the public are amazing.

My niece is a professional gardener working full time alongside a head gardener and other, part time, staff at a large-ish private garden. They’ve been working all year to ready the garden for the NGS open day. I hear a little about the standard expected, so any private, amateur garden opening is a great achievement.

• Like 1