Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I haven't seen my parents for a while as they're both late 80's with health issues. But their washing machine has gone wrong so it's either an unknown engineer going from house to house or I can have a go at fixing it. Fortunately they live a stone throw from the sea so if all goes wrong the flood waters won't have too far to go.

• Like 1

Washing machine mended - well it turned out to be the dishwasher in the end.

Top tip - when working on dishwashers that won't empty so it's full of water, if you use a mobile as a torch - don't drop it in the water. Doesn't do the mobile much good.

• Haha 3

At the beginning of the first lockdown my dishwasher stopped working. I ignored it and then ignored it some more. After a couple of weeks of washing everything up by hand I noticed there was a faint whiff in the kitchen... I opened the dishwasher door to a thick layer of new life crustily waving over the bilge water I had completely forgotten about. The smell was something else. I shut the door again and desperately try to think of a way of not dealing with it but had nothing, even buying a new dishwasher wouldn’t get me out of it  🤢

Eventually I found a bone jammed in the impeller courtesy of the little darlings being too lazy to scrape their plates. Theyve jammed it up twice more since. I’ve now threatened to come to their house when they leave home and break their dishwasher, I’m considering seeing it through 😆

Good Afternoon :-D We've never had a dishwasher!

Food shopping all done apart from the Butcher tomorrow and that's ordered.

We've been round the locality delivering cards (Covid safe of course).

I bought myself an early Christmas present! an electronic drum kit! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, rennie said:

I bought myself an early Christmas present! an electronic drum kit! :classic_biggrin:

I have just got back home from delivering cards too :thumb:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rennie said:

the neighbours are going to love you Ian :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, XTreme said:

There's been a change of plan to the gig that I've got to do over the Xmas period! Instead of wanting it by 4th January.......they now want it by 30th December!

That's 8 days away.......and 3 of those will be Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, and Boxing Day. Which gives me 5 days remaining to get it done so it doesn't interfere with Xmas!

Couldn't start it earlier because I was waiting for their content to come through........that came a couple of hours ago.

So I've got to start blitzing it tomorrow........it's going to be Migraine City baby! 

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Encerio GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This has an excuse for a flounce written all over it 

• Haha 1

Just now, rennie said:

not if I plug it into our mixer/amp and through the Peavey speakers! 

I had a feeling you might have something like that up your sleeve! Have you got a mic stand so you can karaoke and drum and the same time? Or you not fancying getting a divorce just yet? 😆

Getting there with my new wine rack.
Looks a bit rustic but hey, I love in the countryside 😋😋
Unfortunately run out of clamps so can't finish it today.

dc9fd1cf-634e-40f3-8437-344f41b7ca07.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're desperate to claim your first flounce for the year aren't you Six? 

im not the cause of you flouncing .... its your very own TOTY competition .... oh the irony 😆

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But I'm not winning it you Twat! And neither are you! :classic_laugh:

Why are you crappy your little dragon emblem panties trying to sway the voting .... there is a prize this year remember 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

At the beginning of the first lockdown my dishwasher stopped working. I ignored it and then ignored it some more. After a couple of weeks of washing everything up by hand I noticed there was a faint whiff in the kitchen... I opened the dishwasher door to a thick layer of new life crustily waving over the bilge water I had completely forgotten about. The smell was something else. I shut the door again and desperately try to think of a way of not dealing with it but had nothing, even buying a new dishwasher wouldn’t get me out of it  🤢

Eventually I found a bone jammed in the impeller courtesy of the little darlings being too lazy to scrape their plates. Theyve jammed it up twice more since. I’ve now threatened to come to their house when they leave home and break their dishwasher, I’m considering seeing it through 😆

When son left home I turned up with a bag of laundry asking if it could all be ready for tomorrow morning.  For some reason he was not amused. 

• Haha 3

I know politics gets you lot frothing at the mouth but this made me smile simply because we’re free enough for it to happen but of course you won’t hear it on a radio station cos we’re not that free! I’ve heard it and it would end up as mainly long beeeeeep!

One of the main contenders for Christmas number one is a song called “Boris Johnson is a F**king C**t by the k****! 

Is number 2 on Spotify’s official charts and number 3 on another!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I know politics gets you lot frothing at the mouth but this made me smile simply because we’re free enough for it to happen but of course you won’t hear it on a radio station cos we’re not that free! I’ve heard it and it would end up as mainly long beeeeeep!

One of the main contenders for Christmas number one is a song called “Boris Johnson is a F**king C**t by the k****! 

I'm thinking that's not sung by Cliff Richard then?

Just listening to it, nice tune, somewhat limited lyrics though.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

should be Shakin Stevens , every time i put the fooking radio on its playing