Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Surprisingly Weston where we live has the course with highest ranking, they know him and have guaranteed him a place so that’s the back up. 
Then he chose on the course and ratings which meant Guildford and both Bristol Uni’s. 
He wants Bristol and really so do I. If everything goes tits up he can always come back, live at home n commute. He’s deferring til 2022 so he can earn money to give him some sort of cushion.

You have two going at the same time?

I have twins.....

Grace is thinking Dundee!!! Supposed to be probably the best for what she wants to do, bio science.

Lewis is looking at politics at Ull...

Hull obviously a lot closer to us, but no way commutable. I've told he can stay in caravan which is only half hour away. This will not be happening.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NeilM said:

I have twins.....

Grace is thinking Dundee!!! Supposed to be probably the best for what she wants to do, bio science.

Lewis is looking at politics at Ull...

Hull obviously a lot closer to us, but no way commutable. I've told he can stay in caravan which is only half hour away. This will not be happening.

He’s a student, it’ll be the caravan of love 🎵 stand up, stand up, staaand uuup 🎵 😂

My two are a year apart and should finish at the same time. The expected parental contribution is eye wincing for one let alone two. Have you watched the money box guy Martin Lewis’ guide? It’s worth a watch. 

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He’s a student, it’ll be the caravan of love 🎵 stand up, stand up, staaand uuup 🎵 😂

My two are a year apart and should finish at the same time. The expected parental contribution is eye wincing for one let alone two. Have you watched the money box guy Martin Lewis’ guide? It’s worth a watch. 

Don't start quoting the 4th best band in hull....

Favourite of all time. Had 2 Heaton gigs postponed due to covid.

The van will not be a caravan of love. Infact once they leave for uni i may change the locks at home and the coast.. 🤣

Ofcourse im only joking. Just incase lewis has managed to sneek onto this forum and bypassed Stu....

You seen The housemartins/ BS/Heaton? Some of the best times

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Don't start quoting the 4th best band in hull....

Favourite of all time. Had 2 Heaton gigs postponed due to covid.

The van will not be a caravan of love. Infact once they leave for uni i may change the locks at home and the coast.. 🤣

Ofcourse im only joking. Just incase lewis has managed to sneek onto this forum and bypassed Stu....

You seen The housemartins/ BS/Heaton? Some of the best times

I’ve not, I’m getting the impression I’ve missed out on something?!

The locks thing I definitely get though- mixed in with a powerful conflicting desire to continue protecting them for their entire lives 😂

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’ve not, I’m getting the impression I’ve missed out on something?!

The locks thing I definitely get though- mixed in with a powerful conflicting desire to continue protecting them for their entire lives 😂

Oh. They will always be protected. If Grace goes to Dundee, although no way local i know several people in both Glasgow and Dumfries who can get there before i can and fire fight until we arrive.

Hull is 70 mile away so is easy for us. Plus he can always pester people on here if he's in the absolute shite.

If you ever get chance. Go to see Paul Heaton live. Very good gigs. Even more so now bizarrely after he's stopped drinking.

• Like 1

Great news!

One of the colleagues in my team who has been on every type of furlough, thus not actually in work for most of the year, has been promoted!

I feel great that I busted my balls to cover all the work he wasn't doing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Great news!

One of the colleagues in my team who has been on every type of furlough, thus not actually in work for most of the year, has been promoted!

Probably is far better than you kissing behind cracks...

Guest Swagman
36 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Great news!

That’s usually how they get rid of the shite, because it’s too hard to fire them promote them out of the department.

9 minutes ago, Swagman said:

That’s usually how they get rid of the shite, because it’s too hard to fire them promote them out of the department.

That has been my experience in the past - promote them out of harms way.

It makes me feel taken for granted and dicked over so I'm going to have a chat with one of our competitors who has been trying to poach me for the past 4 years.

• Like 2

Guest Swagman
1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

That has been my experience in the past - promote them out of harms way.

It makes me feel taken for granted and dicked over so I'm going to have a chat with one of our competitors who has been trying to poach me for the past 4 years.

That’s the reason a lot of tosspots get into management even though they can’t do the job, I don’t blame you looking somewhere else if that has just happened, for the life off me I can’t see why it happens I suppose they don’t want to lose a man that does know how to do things rather than a nob, may just pay to be a nob from now on you may get a promotion.

3 minutes ago, Swagman said:

That’s the reason a lot of tosspots get into management even though they can’t do the job

Management roles are certainly not for everyone, usually the best ones are those that DON'T want to be one :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Swagman said:

You poor man I feel really sorry for you with cold hands and arse.🤣🤣👍

i bet it has leather seats too that wont help your cold butt (cloth seats every time much warmer):classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

Great news!

you will know for next time