Loud Exhausts

manxie49

Interesting read, especially with sound cameras now being deployed in different places.  I never bought into the argument that noisy exhausts saves lives, I do think it will end up getting motorcyclists banned from certain areas, especially in places like Austria.  IMHO I'd sooner see a ban on noisy exhausts than I would a blanket ban on motorcycles.  I do know that the Police are becoming less tolerant of the noise produced by some aftermarket cans, and are increasingly seen checking pipes for compliance during stops.  I did have a loud pipe on my blade years ago but ended up taking it off, it became an annoyance to me on longer journeys.

https://www.femamotorcycling.eu/the-sound-of-your-motorcycle/?fbclid=IwAR0MAdSqyoBPh6pllDVgMLjRwrtNGFnIrgC7A1F6ttqumraorzWwmAMCtpQ

• Like 1

I had a straight through Zard low level pipe on my old Speedtriple, used to love the way it popped, banged & spat flames on the overrun, tunnels were a gas.

One day I drifted up to a set of lights in full overrun Blitzkreig mode & an obviously frightened small child crossing with his Mum burst into tears.

I ordered & fitted a baffle ASAP.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What sort of noises make you grin? Farts? Burps?

my farts  make me grin , other peoples farts disgust me , dirty barstards

Edited by Six30
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

What sort of noises make you grin? Farts? Burps?

Fanny farts ... they are hilarious, especially when the lady in question is embarrassed 😆

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Six30 said:

my farts  make me grin , other peoples farts disgust me , dirty barstards

Silent one in a crowded lift and point the finger at someone else ..... classic! Lmfao 🤣 

• Haha 1

Always polarised views on this, but I'm somewhere in the middle. If you do a lot of urban riding/commuting then you'll know that a bit of noise can be a huge advantage in terms of safety. Anyone suggests that's not the case needs to spend some time riding in central London.

Edited by learningtofly

2 hours ago, learningtofly said:

Always polarised views on this, but I'm somewhere in the middle. If you do a lot of urban riding/commuting then you'll know that a bit of noise can be a huge advantage in terms of safety. Anyone suggests that's not the case needs to spend some time riding in central London.

I agree 100%. People sitting in long lines of traffic are half asleep. You have to make a bit of noise or they don't see you.