Mod 2 passed

Keeper96

A quick Forum stalk and if I am right if your bikes an 600cc of vintage, don't worry to much about getting used to it MT07 wont be that much different.

My tip on starter journeys is instead of thinking if I can get to a distant point and back... Ride about 30 minutes away form home and do a circle around that.. Then if you get tired/ stiff/ unconfident or whatever you have easy bail out home...  Then when you know you can your limitations start riding to further places.

After 6 years I plan a ride with a "bailout" a nice easy road home for any reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Excellent, well done 👍 

Where you taken it for mot

Ohhh and did you get the miserable old git for test? 

Just M&S on Westgate road, there’s a garage just up the road in annfield plain that does bikes but a friend works in M+S so I know I’ll get a true opinion 

I think it was the miserable old git 😂 I tried having some small talk as we sorted out paperwork but he was having none of it haha 

3 minutes ago, Keeper96 said:

Just M&S on Westgate road, there’s a garage just up the road in annfield plain that does bikes but a friend works in M+S so I know I’ll get a true opinion 

I think it was the miserable old git 😂 I tried having some small talk as we sorted out paperwork but he was having none of it haha 

Ahhhh that's OK, I know a few bike friendly places but your sorted.

Yup I got old grump too, he's had a shit life last few yrs apparently, I tried telling him a joke, he just looked at me like I was mental 😂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keeper96 said:

Passed my mod 2 at Gateshead today despite it feeling like the worst ride since starting lessons! 

Got the bike insured and booked in for it’s mot tomorrow so fingers crossed it passes! Then I’m planning a few small journeys around the local area just to get used to it as it’s a sports tourer and I’ve been learning on a mt07

hopefully I’ll see some of you out and about in the future! 

well done :thumb:

The bike passed its test with 2 advisories, front brake sticking and head bearing slightly tight. 

these will be addressed in the coming weeks. 

The ride there was quite an experience,  totally different experience in both the bike and riding alone without an instructor or assessor. 

The riding experience left me with mixed feelings, having fairings was a huge bonus, I did 50 miles today and never noticed the wind or rain and my hands where a lot warmer than usual which was nice. 

I did however miss the torque of the mt07, I found myself being 1-2 gears too high all the time and having to down change for hills and overtakes. 

hopefully is just comes with time and I get used to the general reviness of a 4 cylinder over the twins I’m used to. 

thanks all 

• Like 1

As a general rule, smaller inline fours like yours do best with higher revs. They're nice above 5000 revs, and even better above 7000. By the time you're up to 10000, they're really flying (but probably don't go trying this out until spring comes and the roads are clean and dry :shock:). On a 600, this can mean a fair bit of shifting to keep the revs from dropping too low, but this is part of the fun of having a 600 - you really have to ride them.

Congrats on the pass. What is the bike you've got after passing? Didn't see it mentioned other than Sports Tourer or I am blind. :lol:

When I did my Mod1 at Gateshead, the other guy from same school as I, i'm pretty sure he had the older grumpy gentleman for his assessment.
Didn't take much notice, but the assessor just had a very stern face, with no reaction to the banter from any of the schools instructors.

Haha, not sure if getting him would make me more or less nervous when the time comes for my Mod1.

Just can't wait. Already saving for the new Rebel. :drool:

Edited by peatear

29 minutes ago, peatear said:

Congrats on the pass. What is the bike you've got after passing? Didn't see it mentioned other than Sports Tourer or I am blind. :lol:

When I did my Mod1 at Gateshead, the other guy from same school as I, i'm pretty sure he had the older grumpy gentleman for his assessment.
Didn't take much notice, but the assessor just had a very stern face, with no reaction to the banter from any of the schools instructors.

Haha, not sure if getting him would make me more or less nervous when the time comes for my Mod1.

Just can't wait. Already saving for the new Rebel. :drool:

It’s a ‘99 Suzuki gsx600f, never going to win any awards but it was cheap to buy and insure 😂

tbh both the assessors I had (mod 1+2) could be the miserable one 😂 o think it’s part of the job to not be to familiar? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Keeper96 said:

It’s a ‘99 Suzuki gsx600f, never going to win any awards but it was cheap to buy and insure 😂

tbh both the assessors I had (mod 1+2) could be the miserable one 😂 o think it’s part of the job to not be to familiar? 

There is a woman there who is very friendly and pleasant, a bloke who is OK ish with almost a sense of humor and then grumpy git, who actually is fine as far as the assessment goes.

I tried my best to loose him, at blaydon roundabout I nailed it along carriageway, (I was told to self navigate from top of blaydon bank. to far end of team Valley) I was off, took him to metrocentre to catch me.

I passed with 0 faults and he said I appeared to be confident 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bender said:

There is a woman there who is very friendly and pleasant, a bloke who is OK ish with almost a sense of humor and then grumpy git, who actually is fine as far as the assessment goes.

I tried my best to loose him, at blaydon roundabout I nailed it along carriageway, (I was told to self navigate from top of blaydon bank. to far end of team Valley) I was off, took him to metrocentre to catch me.

I passed with 0 faults and he said I appeared to be confident 😁 

That’s a decent stretch to self navigate! I only had from the top of whickham bank out of Dunston until the Stanley turn at Sunniside cross roads... there was only 1 junction in that stretch haha

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Keeper96 said:

That’s a decent stretch to self navigate! I only had from the top of whickham bank out of Dunston until the Stanley turn at Sunniside cross roads... there was only 1 junction in that stretch haha

It was a long stretch but not really very hard 4 roundabouts one right two straight and a left, was great lol