New Year's resolutions

husoi

6 minutes ago, RantMachine said:

Much smarter than buying an F and messing around with exploding water pump seals and all that misery.

Absolutely!

Mine's a 2015 and that 650 Rotax unit was in production 20 years by that time.......so I would suspect any flaws had been ironed out by then.

Edited by XTreme

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

any views on the dakar

The Dakar is the F, the Sertao is the G.

If you're doing more offroad then one of those would be better no doubt, but still not as capable as something that's a lot lighter.

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Absolutely!

Mine's a 2015 and that 650 Rotax unit was in production 20 years by that time.......so I would suspect any flaws had been ironed out by then.

yes the rotax is supposed to be fairly bomb proof

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The Dakar is the F, the Sertao is the G.

If you're doing more offroad then one of those would be better no doubt, but still not as capable as something that's a lot lighter.

yea light is what i need so would be better sticking with the standard model 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yea light is what i need so would be better sticking with the standard model 

For all round use.....yes.

If it's mainly offroad and rougher terrain then I'd go for a CRF250L.

The G is 190kg (30kg lighter than the Strom)........but that's still a fair weight on the dirt.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

For all round use.....yes.

If it's mainly offroad and rougher terrain then I'd go for a CRF250L.

The G is 190kg (30kg lighter than the Strom)........but that's still a fair weight on the dirt.

no it would be for on road use only, i have never taken the serow off road 

Just now, skyrider said:

no it would be for on road use only, i have never taken the serow off road 

You want the G then!

And as I understand it, though don't take this as gospel, but traditional spoked wheels have to have tubes.

Did you notice the valve position on the wheel? That was a surprise for me when I bought it!

sdd.thumb.jpg.7f16ccd020dba2c198d234495c895f1d.jpg

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You want the G then!

And as I understand it, though don't take this as gospel, but traditional spoked wheels have to have tubes.

Did you notice the valve position on the wheel? That was a surprise for me when I bought it!

sdd.thumb.jpg.7f16ccd020dba2c198d234495c895f1d.jpg

i think that's a brilliant idea with the valve facing you makes inflating the tyres a lot easier 

Definitely don't get the Sertao/Dakar if you're going to be keeping it on-road. For one thing the vanilla version is better set up for road riding, and for another thing those two models are in short supply and it'd be a shame to prevent someone who does want to use them as intended from getting their hands on one! :classic_wink:

7 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Pay off the bank loan for the Bike this year. Ive doing quite well so far with overpayments. I took out a 5 year loan and am almost half way there after 2 years: I owe £6,300 - I borrowed £12k. I remember considering PCP, had I done that I would have another year of payments and only have paid half the value. so glad I decided to buy the bike outright. It was a great choice. I should really do a long term review at some point.

My resolution is to consider the Honda once the Tiger is paid off...which probably won’t be this year. I’ll be doing overpayments too over the next 12 months.

6 hours ago, bonio said:

Portuguese, my arse. 😉

Not that I have to justify...

And no, I'm not nominating you for TOTY :booty:

id.jpg

Edited by husoi
  • Haha 1

I never make New Year resolutions, but I do usually make a list of things I'd like to do or achieve in the next 12 months. My 2020 list included taking the family to California for the Monterey Jazz Festival, to Rotterdam for the North Sea Jazz Festival, getting a couple of lessons with a Dutch jazz drummer whose band I love, and to get out gigging again after a two-year lay-off.

That all turned out well... 

:classic_laugh:

27 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I never make New Year resolutions, but I do usually make a list of things I'd like to do or achieve in the next 12 months. My 2020 list included taking the family to California for the Monterey Jazz Festival, to Rotterdam for the North Sea Jazz Festival, getting a couple of lessons with a Dutch jazz drummer whose band I love, and to get out gigging again after a two-year lay-off.

That all turned out well... 

:classic_laugh:

I don’t do resolutions but do do ambitions. 

52 minutes ago, geofferz said:

I have a pic but I'm not going to post it here! You'll just have to believe me I'm afraid. 

Ah, here it is... @geofferz is on his hands & knees at the bottom left of the picture, just out of shot

9346CCBC-5B88-4AEF-8BD9-0983870C1E1D.thumb.jpeg.3fa67b358f34e9d4e8c1cf92cd29c03b.jpeg

🤣🤣

23 hours ago, RantMachine said:

Definitely don't get the Sertao/Dakar if you're going to be keeping it on-road. For one thing the vanilla version is better set up for road riding, and for another thing those two models are in short supply and it'd be a shame to prevent someone who does want to use them as intended from getting their hands on one! :classic_wink:

yes you are probably right about letting the more off road focused guys have them but whats the bit about a vanilla version i want to ride it not eat it :classic_laugh: