Pros and cons of different sized engines.

James in Brum

3 minutes ago, husoi said:

86 and 114 being 2/3 of kerbweight for total weight. unless your trailer is filled with helium or hydrogen (other light gases are available) I can't see how you can have the 86/114 as luggage allowance.

Total weight based on kerb weight. It all depends on how heavy the trailer is, if the trailer weighs 50kg, then luggage would be 36kg and 64kg respectively.

Edited by dynax

3 minutes ago, dynax said:

Total weight based on kerb weight. It all depends on how heavy the trailer is, if the trailer weighs 50kg, then luggage would be 36kg and 64kg respectively.

At which point your 125 would be struggling to get up a hill and have all the whiz of an arthritic snail. May as well go on a bus.

A wee exercise for you...

Put together all you consider essential for a 2 weeks trip.

Then ask your mrs to do the same.

then come back to me with the weight. Would be interesting to see the split :lol: like 10/90%

Just now, husoi said:

A wee exercise for you...

Put together all you consider essential for a 2 weeks trip.

Then ask your mrs to do the same.

then come back to me with the weight. Would be interesting to see the split :lol: like 10/90%

No need as my missus isn't in a position to go anywhere.

1 minute ago, dynax said:

No need as my missus isn't in a position to go anywhere.

That's unfortunate..

Still prefer to have a decent amount of power between my legs. :P 

1 minute ago, dynax said:

This is the point though, what person A takes compared to person B will be different.

I know if I went touring I could manage with the most basic of kit.

A friend and I discussed this, he would happily walk round all holiday in bike gear/ boots,  I like to be able to walk away from bike in shoes and clothes for a little time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onesea said:

A friend and I discussed this, he would happily walk round all holiday in bike gear/ boots,  I like to be able to walk away from bike in shoes and clothes for a little time.

Before I met my current partner, I used to travel at least twice a year on holidays, my luggage would fit in my hand luggage.

Before I met my current partner, I used to travel at least twice a year on holidays, my luggage would fit in my hand luggage.

You can make cloths double up as layers etc,  Misses and I can go away for 3 days on Trophy with no top box, when we go down for meal we are not in bike gear.

When I went to work in Grease sailing for a season , I took a 35 ltr ruck sack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onesea said:

You can make cloths double up as layers etc,  Misses and I can go away for 3 days on Trophy with no top box, when we go down for meal we are not in bike gear.

When I went to work in Grease sailing for a season , I took a 35 ltr ruck sack.

This is it, people tend to assume on their own experiences of how much stuff they take.

24 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

You can put your finger into the hole to stop the leak - but the tide will always be against you.

I have buttons I can use! trust me I can stop the tide :D 

Not that I want to but some topics should be kept as on topic as possible 

General chat areas are every man for himself ;-)