Helmet tech comms

Getting back into biking after many years and I am out of my depth not least with tech (Which didn't exist when I last rode!) Thinking about a Trident which has led me to tech. I see the bike has connectivity - I would wish to connect my I phone X, Go Pro Hero + LCD will this combo work? Any recommendations re a compatible headset and helmet. I don't want to spend a fortune (£100 - £200 on a full face helmet). I know I could ask Triumph but worried they will push their stuff as opposed what's best at a reasonable price.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I don't think you will be able to connect the Go Pro and as for the helmet you would have to buy a headset but a word of warning they can be pretty expensive and you would have to make sure the new helmet would be able to accommodate the speakers without adding pressure on to your ears 

Most new helmets will have a removable bit to accommodate earphones and will have a way to install an intercom set.

It will mean that you have to remove the padding (also removable) pass the cables and put everything back.

But these are not the £50 helmets

49 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hi and welcome to the forum

I don't think you will be able to connect the Go Pro and as for the helmet you would have to buy a headset but a word of warning they can be pretty expensive and you would have to make sure the new helmet would be able to accommodate the speakers without adding pressure on to your ears 

Thanx - What makes you think I can't use the Go Pro? Its age?

1 minute ago, Help said:

Thanx - What makes you think I can't use the Go Pro? Its age?

I have just never heard of connecting Go Pro to anything to be honest I'm not sure what you would gain from it if you can 

Triumph have a list of tested items that work with the new connectivity system if fitted 

As the phone is going to use Bluetooth as is the headset it likely most newish stuff will, camera appears to be limited to 7 Black.

HEADSETS

• Sena 20S-01
  • Cardo Scala Rider PACKTALK
  • Sena SMH10D-10
  • FreedConn BT Motorcycle Intercom.

GOPRO

• Hero 7 Black

48 minutes ago, husoi said:

Most new helmets will have a removable bit to accommodate earphones and will have a way to install an intercom set.

It will mean that you have to remove the padding (also removable) pass the cables and put everything back.

Sorry poorly written post by me - I meant I was looking to spend between £100 - £200, think I would get what I want with that budget?

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I have just never heard of connecting Go Pro to anything to be honest I'm not sure what you would gain from it if you can 

Triumph mention it on their website etc - You can control the camera from the bars, so hopefully easy?

48 minutes ago, husoi said:

Just now, Help said:

Sorry poorly written post by me - I meant I was looking to spend between £100 - £200, think I would get what I want with that budget?

Triumph mention it on their website etc - You can control the camera from the bars, so hopefully easy?

Bender where did you see that info from Triumph re the Hero 7 and the headsets??

1 minute ago, Help said:

you will have to forgive me then as I wasn't aware you could control/connect a go pro to be honest 

Every day is a school day 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Anyone tried a Ruroc Helmet? My son in law has just ordered one but hasn't yet got it so no idea if it's good or not.

I've seenots if pop up ads for them they only seem to sell on their own website I like to try and see in the flesh. They are meant to be v light come up 4 on  the sharp testing  only negative I can see from a review is its meant to be a bit noisy

29 minutes ago, Bender said:

I'm sure the sena ride connected app does similar 

I think it's saying this one will work with any comms kit tho not just a sena one. Doesn't mention the cost I'd imagine it won't be free. 

13 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

This could be an interesting development in bike comms... 

https://www.ruroc.com/en_gb/chain

Another company brought out one like this a few years ago but not sure what happened to it or what the actual name was! 

I might give it a try in the summer with a few mates to see how it fairs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

I think it's saying this one will work with any comms kit tho not just a sena one. Doesn't mention the cost I'd imagine it won't be free. 

It’s free. I’ve downloaded it. 

I have Sena RideConnected so will compare when the weather gets better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

It’s free. I’ve downloaded it. 

I have Sena RideConnected so will compare when the weather gets better. 

Bugger I'm on android looks like there's a delay let us know how you get on