About fooking time ! Mod 1 pass 👊

Spongefinger

23 minutes ago, Silentbob83 said:

Congrats...when is Mod 2?

Not booked yet they are going to call me Thursday to book it in. Might sound strange I know most people chomping at bit to get it done but Ive feel like I've done nothing but think about mod 1 for months and I just want to not think about / worry about another test for a week or so. Instructor gave me feedback on my ride back from test centre ( about 35 minutes ) and he said I'm not far off at all for being ready for it, just need to break bad habit of doing checks after signaling.

46 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

Well done fella! It's a great feeling when you complete the u-turn section, it's the hardest bit as far as I'm concerned. 

Congrats 👏 

Yep, I failed my first mod 1 on u turn. There was no power in heaven or earth that would have got my foot off that right footpeg today 🤪

Edited by Spongefinger

6 minutes ago, Spongefinger said:

Yep, I failed my first mod 1 on u turn. There was no power in heaven or earth that would have got my foot off that right footpeg today 🤪

I did that and fell over with the bike, foot didn't leave the footpeg though 😂 fecking u turns.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bender said:

I did that and fell over with the bike, foot didn't leave the footpeg though 😂 fecking u turns.

That's ( in retrospect) hilarious ! I got a minor for speed on avoidance. I did emergency stop at 62 kph and the guy said maybe dail it back to make avoidance easier and I clocked in at 49 kph. 

• Like 2

Well done, I've just booked my mod 1 and mod 2. I've only done 1 day doing Cbt, 2 hours doing a big bike taster session. Instructor thinks I need 1 day training with mod 1 test the next day.. A 2 week break then 1 day training and then mod 2 test??  It doesn't seem like much training to me,? When doing the cbt I felt like I was stomping through the gears as quick as I can and then stomping back down again when stopping. Never had a clue what gear I was in, surely that will be diffrent on a 600? 

Practice Practice Practice. 

Then when you've passed never do it again and stick to 4 point turn paddling...

Saying that pulling off a good speedy u turn does look neat and proves you're in full control of the bike.

• Like 3

nice one, well done.  Good luck with MOD2, personally i felt MOD2 was a lot less pressure, just felt like a leisurely ride with your dad. 

it is strange how people work under pressure of the cage, overthinking or over cautious.  Back when I did mine I had that with the avoidance section, every single practice I was 8 or 9 KPH above the requirement.  As soon as I went into the cage I was slightly under the limit.  Not enough to fail but I did have to go again on the avoidance (so I assume I was very close to the limit).  Second time I did exceed the requirement so I got my pass.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RAYK47 said:

nice one, well done.  Good luck with MOD2, personally i felt MOD2 was a lot less pressure, just felt like a leisurely ride with your dad. 

it is strange how people work under pressure of the cage, overthinking or over cautious.  Back when I did mine I had that with the avoidance section, every single practice I was 8 or 9 KPH above the requirement.  As soon as I went into the cage I was slightly under the limit.  Not enough to fail but I did have to go again on the avoidance (so I assume I was very close to the limit).  Second time I did exceed the requirement so I got my pass.  

Yeah it is strange. My slalom and 8 was brilliant and the school felt absolutely effortless but I felt like was wobbling all over the place once "in the cage" I think you just naturally tense up and become a bit stiffer when stressed. Once I was told I passed I literally felt my whole body relax and I realised how tensed up I had been.