Wanted: winter gloves long but cheap

I got a new Dainese leather jacket recently and am very happy with it as an alternative to layering up under my wax cotton jacket. Only problem is that my current winter gloves, which are Oxford Convoy Stealth, are just short of the cuff, so that the cold air gets in.

Can anyone recommend a similar glove -- waterproof, textile, gauntleted, around the same price bracket of €30 that you think would be longer? I've looked at the Oxford range but they don't give specs on gauntlet length, and other options don't look any longer.

TIA!

PS: Just to narrow it down a bit more, I'm looking for black, with no flashy bits! So something like Halford's Duchinni is definitely out!

Edited by Breezin

45 minutes ago, Pie man said:

strange beck bennett GIF by Saturday Night Live

Possibly you need to change your specs! Over-gloves which will solve his draft problems but still leave his hands protected by his original.kit.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/353605?gclid=Cj0KCQjwt-6LBhDlARIsAIPRQcKeMnYny_MDrHFRqelqtwa4M1ReLo2LBT2dXzOhj_f2hhPdxNe-hGMaAlo6EALw_wcB

• Like 1

For future reference the best time to buy winter gloves is in the spring sales . Same goes for summer gloves, buy these in the autumn sales, in both cases you will get a bargain as the manufacturers tend to update their lines and the retailers need to shift stock to make room for new lines for the upcoming season. Same really applies for other clothing.

• Like 4

£30 is a low budget for good winter gloves. If you can go to £40 SBS have some Richa 9904 gloves. Their stuff is usually decent.

J&S have a sale on a pair of Richa for £30 but only limited sizes available.

It depends how much riding you intend to do. You can layer up everywhere else but your hands depend on good gloves. I've found that I end up with three pairs of gloves. Summer, intermediate for spring & autumn, and a heated pair for winter. Plus lining gloves which I can add or remove during a ride as necessary.

• Like 1

I'm about to buy a pair of Keis heated liner gloves which I can plug into the bike via a heated vest. I've also got heated gloves running off a battery. In winter the only bit if me that gets cold is the very ends of my fingers.

On 30/10/2021 at 08:16, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

£30 is a low budget for good winter gloves. If you can go to £40 SBS have some Richa 9904 gloves. Their stuff is usually decent.

J&S have a sale on a pair of Richa for £30 but only limited sizes available.

It depends how much riding you intend to do. You can layer up everywhere else but your hands depend on good gloves. I've found that I end up with three pairs of gloves. Summer, intermediate for spring & autumn, and a heated pair for winter. Plus lining gloves which I can add or remove during a ride as necessary.

Brilliant... thanks! Those look perfect. 

I'll go try them on in a shop so I can get a good fit.