War in europe?

Bender

8 hours ago, Marino said:

In the 2ww Russians were changing against Germans with one bullet in each rifle. Who didn’t charge machine guns were behind killing anyone refuse to charge. So that is russian mentality.

Was talk of the chechnian brigades on shoot them if they run duty.

Big bang in one of the docks as a Russian warships exploded. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like Russia over extended its reach both logistically and capability wise,  the troops around chernobyl are by accounts from both sides mostly suffering from radiation poisening Ohh well. 

Mariuopol is somehow still holding out, although news feeds coming out of there are drastically reduced, noticibly so this morning 😔 

First confirmed helicopter taken down with the Belfast made starstreak missile hopefully they have been given hundreds of them. 

• Like 1

According to my non-Russian Eastern Europeans the Russian military is so corrupt that out of every 10 tanks they were supposed to have only 2 or 3 were actually serviceable as essential parts had been stripped off and sold. Where they have "withdrawn" they've stripped everything they could steal and wrecked the rest. Pretty 19th century. They are building up a huge store of hatred among there neighbours which is going to take decades to pass. More evidence of atrocities are coming to light as well which is bad all round. So far the Ukrainians have been treating prisoners reasonably well on the whole but if atrocities start mounting up that's likely to change particularly in militia units. On the whole the Ukrainian regulars seem to be much more disciplined (and effective) than the Russians.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

According to my non-Russian Eastern Europeans the Russian military is so corrupt that out of every 10 tanks they were supposed to have only 2 or 3 were actually serviceable as essential parts had been stripped off and sold. Where they have "withdrawn" they've stripped everything they could steal and wrecked the rest. Pretty 19th century. They are building up a huge store of hatred among there neighbours which is going to take decades to pass. More evidence of atrocities are coming to light as well which is bad all round. So far the Ukrainians have been treating prisoners reasonably well on the whole but if atrocities start mounting up that's likely to change particularly in militia units. On the whole the Ukrainian regulars seem to be much more disciplined (and effective) than the Russians.  

I've seen a few videos that would confirm the looting, from cctv to captured vehicles rammed with things from kids toys to pans. 

My chief mate (Latvian)  used to have a business until the Latvians had a major falling out with the Russians around 2000 when the Russians banned Latvians from doing some kinds of business in Russia.  He used to travel to remote villages in the boonies and reckoned it was like time travel. Once you left the main roads they were not much better than tracks. Many of the farms still shared the home buildings with livestock. Outside loos were common. This is where the Russians get a lot of their troops so homes with modern stuff are like a sweet shop for kids and no limits. The BBC has an article about a Russian regiment that got mauled with a list of named dead. They are from a small city but those mentioned by name are disproportionately officers, WO's and NCO's so either they are being fragged by their own troops or they need a lot of pushing to do anything making leaders vulnerable. 

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

My chief mate (Latvian)  used to have a business until the Latvians had a major falling out with the Russians around 2000 when the Russians banned Latvians from doing some kinds of business in Russia.  He used to travel to remote villages in the boonies and reckoned it was like time travel. Once you left the main roads they were not much better than tracks. Many of the farms still shared the home buildings with livestock. Outside loos were common. This is where the Russians get a lot of their troops so homes with modern stuff are like a sweet shop for kids and no limits. The BBC has an article about a Russian regiment that got mauled with a list of named dead. They are from a small city but those mentioned by name are disproportionately officers, WO's and NCO's so either they are being fragged by their own troops or they need a lot of pushing to do anything making leaders vulnerable. 

The Russians have certainly lost some equipment, must take a fairly big bang to remove a tank turret 

Back in the day before retiring I was involved in a survey offshore (oil) Sakhalin island and a few of us had a few days ashore on mainland Russia. It was like time travel. Amazing how a country can have nukes at one end and medieval living standards at the other.

• Like 1

The thing that makes me boil is that apart from the atrocities now coming tomlight is the way the Russian government lies and lies. I don't think they've said a single true thing since they started this war. The problem for everyone else is that a large percentage of their population believes their shit. Really glad I've no Russians on board now as I'd find it difficult to hold my tongue.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

The thing that makes me boil is that apart from the atrocities now coming tomlight is the way the Russian government lies and lies. I don't think they've said a single true thing since they started this war. The problem for everyone else is that a large percentage of their population believes their shit. Really glad I've no Russians on board now as I'd find it difficult to hold my tongue.

Some truly horrific images coming out of the areas they have retreated from, no doubt Russia will be unaware of any such problems and the residents were so distraught that the Russians were leaving that they tied them selves up and shot each other in the head.

• Sad 1

So, Russia suspended from human rights  Council. 

Even with cctv footage of a street filled with Russian tanks and armoured  vehicles of a woman on a bike being shot with a large calibre gun, the remains being geo tagged and the whole area under Russian control they say its not them and they've not destroyed or attacked any civilians or civilian buildings 🤔 

Eu has voted to ban all Russian energy gas oil etc however its a non binding vote. 

On 03/04/2022 at 16:05, Bender said:

Some truly horrific images coming out of the areas they have retreated from, no doubt Russia will be unaware of any such problems and the residents were so distraught that the Russians were leaving that they tied them selves up and shot each other in the head.

I understand that the story being told on Russian Tv is that these people are being killed by Nazis because they helped the Russian army.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Of the 4 Russians I had on board when I joined only one believed the western press. The others all thought it lies. These were guys not in an echo chamber and reasonably intelligent and well travelled.  It's like some kind of mass psychosis has gripped the country, much like Germany in the 1930's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Of the 4 Russians I had on board when I joined only one believed the western press. The others all thought it lies. These were guys not in an echo chamber and reasonably intelligent and well travelled.  It's like some kind of mass psychosis has gripped the country, much like Germany in the 1930's.

There are plenty of reasonably intelligent people in the UK who believe all sorts of opinions manipulated by internet algorithms and their preferred source of news. The system is designed to tell people what they want to hear and is controlled by powerful self interest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

There are plenty of reasonably intelligent people in the UK who believe all sorts of opinions manipulated by internet algorithms and their preferred source of news. The system is designed to tell people what they want to hear and is controlled by powerful self interest. 

I think the Russian news tells the people what they would like them to belive, the recent clampdown and sentences for anyone not towing the Russian line is enough proof of that. 

As to people's beliefs 5mins on twitter tells you all you need to know 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bender said:

As to people's beliefs 5mins on twitter tells you all you need to know 😂 

One reason I don't do Twitter. I don't think my blood pressure would stand it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2