War in europe?

Bender

It's an interesting location, inside Danish and Swedish waters.  Not certain on the legal stance regarding who can conduct underwater operations.  However I believe any vessel is allowed free passage.

I am guessing second ships (after the Russian trawlers mentioned later) on scene will have ROV's, maybe a survey ship with towed sonar arrays.  Depending on how bubbles affect it.

Somehow I have a vision of a crew made up of Austin Powers, Johnny English, XXX, Ethan Hunt to name but a few trying to get the intel first.

Unless they have submarines capable of doing the inspection then as we speak it will be Crimson Tide / Hunt for Red October / The Spy Who loved me.

Regardless the Russians will find a large Shoal of Sturgeon from which they need there Balugar Caviar.  So there famous Trawlers will be on site.

image.thumb.png.21f8e0a4720a027499421e9384ab9c32.pngDid you know they track Balugar at sea using Sonar and Radio hence all the super sensitive arial's, the Russians are truly amazing.

I just wish the EU had the balls, as it's a Russian owned pipeline...

"Mr Putin your pipeline is broken, once you leave Ukraine you had better come sort out your mess."

Edited by onesea

• 2 weeks later...

Another day another step forward to oblivion. 

The one and only direct link to Russia blew itself up last night. 

Various reports of missile or sabotage or the train that is also on fire on the railway at the same point suddenly exploding for no reason. 

Screenshot_20221008-085937~2.png

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Russians are claiming its a truck bomb. Bloody well timed explosion and can't see how a truck bomb could have dropped the road as well. Not that I know anything about truck bombs at all.

Yea looks like a clean break, no sign of explosion unless it's in the middle but you would expect center rail to be damaged and its not... 

4 hours ago, Bender said:

Yea looks like a clean break, no sign of explosion unless it's in the middle but you would expect center rail to be damaged and its not... 

Took some scrote with an angle grinder all day to cut through that

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bender said:

There's some serious practice firing going on at Otterburn range, can here it from just about anywhere in Northumberland, been going on for over a week now

Wasn’t there a Harley meet there , probably just firing their bikes up to head home .

On 08/10/2022 at 17:23, Bender said:

Apparently there are some arrests being made in Moscow, probably some more of putins cronies will soon be falling out of windows.... 

Another one died yesterday in a mysterious suicide according to the papers 

5 hours ago, Bender said:

There's some serious practice firing going on at Otterburn range, can here it from just about anywhere in Northumberland, been going on for over a week now

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nato-nuclear-exercise-takes-place-over-uk-amid-russian-war-tensions/ar-AA132vo7

There have planned been NATO exercises round the UK earlier this month we had helicopters all over. 

I assume heading for firing range near Swanage.

Maybe the usual war games are being played with a little more gusto than normal.

Politics,  practice or being used as an excuse to move assets into the area.

Let's hope we never really find out the reason...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bender said:

We are I believe currently training  Ukrainians in the UK with live firing exercises so maybe some of that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, Poland has been hit by at least one Russian missile with 2 killed. 

What will be the response on Nato, strike against one an attack on all? 

I'm guessing Russian response will be, wasn't us, honest gov. 

This is one of those times when miscalculation could be very serious. 

• Sad 1

Russians of course are denying it was them although quite who else it would be they haven't explained.  Alien space bats maybe? Their government is totally loathsome so honesty isn't something I'd expect any time soon.

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Russians of course are denying it was them although quite who else it would be they haven't explained.  Alien space bats maybe? Their government is totally loathsome so honesty isn't something I'd expect any time soon.

Early reports claim its Russia's most advanced cruise missile with a tolerance of 5m from target zone. 

They claim its blatent provocation. 

I think putin did it for a laugh just to give lavrov something to talk about and take the mick out of him when he gets back. 

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Early reports claim its Russia's most advanced cruise missile with a tolerance of 5m from target zone. 

They claim its blatent provocation. 

I think putin did it for a laugh just to give lavrov something to talk about and take the mick out of him when he gets back. 

Sounds a bit farfetched seeing as it only hit a tractor in a remote village killing two!

Other reports say it may be from the Ukraine missile defence system!

5 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

Sounds a bit farfetched seeing as it only hit a tractor in a remote village killing two!

Yea I've seen that the Russians have claimed its ukrain air defence, think I'd on missile came from a pic of part of nose cone. 

Im sure there will be enough bits left over to Id, can't belive other powers were not at least attempting to track and monitor what was flying where. 

8 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

I wasn't suggesting they aimed at field 😁 more it might not have been as accurate as intended. 

Biden has said likely air defence gone wrong.. 

As Ukrainian air defence is often Russian made from USSR times there's a possibility that it was fired by the Ukrainians.  Of course if the Russians hadn't fired around 100 missiles at Ukrainian civilian targets there wouldn't have been any missile defence required. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

As Ukrainian air defence is often Russian made from USSR times there's a possibility that it was fired by the Ukrainians.  Of course if the Russians hadn't fired around 100 missiles at Ukrainian civilian targets there wouldn't have been any missile defence required. 

It's been said already the blame is on Russia either way. 

• Like 1