Not motorbike related

Davidtav

I should post this on a Mini forum I know. But I’m not on a Mini forum. And you guys are sensible so I’m posting it on here … so I have a problem when I’m reversing. The sensors sound all of the time. Even though there is no obstacle. I’ve realised that the problem started around the same time I had my exhaust system replaced. The replacement is a pattern part. And I think it protrudes about an inch more than the original. It is about 6 inches away from the closest sensor. Could this be my problem?  I’ve had a look underneath the car and the exhaust does look properly fitted

It’s a 2012 Mini Cooper

Edited by Davidtav

I was thinking a gallon of petrol & a match would sort it, but with the current price of petrol it’s probably worth more than your 
Mini 🤣🤣

Yes. I’ve cleaned the sensors. The pipe can’t slide in any further. I had a look. … I do agree it’s probably the sensors. I would cut an inch off the pipe with an angle grinder just to discount that being the culprit. But it has this fancy chrome bit at the end

Just to update this. I had a better look at the rear bumper this afternoon. And realised that it looked a bit twisted. Probably had a bump. Anyway warmed it with a hair dryer and managed to pull it straight. And the clip on one of the sensors was broken. So put that in place properly with a splodge of mastic … and the reversing sensors are all working properly now. So nothing to do with the exhaust 

• Like 3