Hey, you lot...

learningtofly

Hi

Long time no see. 

Hope you're well I hope you are keeping the Thruxton  ?

I have bought a bigger Harley also with a stage 2 and it's hilarious lol.

The previous owner clearly had deep pockets. 

Cheers 

Ian20220709_141453.thumb.jpg.ceef2db3cc4efac64c887508b18fed4b.jpg20220709_141500.thumb.jpg.cf4a350e6408be60c09c2e647fd5acfc.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi

Long time no see. 

Hope you're well I hope you are keeping the Thruxton  ?

I have bought a bigger Harley also with a stage 2 and it's hilarious lol.

The previous owner clearly had deep pockets. 

Cheers 

Ian20220709_141453.thumb.jpg.ceef2db3cc4efac64c887508b18fed4b.jpg20220709_141500.thumb.jpg.cf4a350e6408be60c09c2e647fd5acfc.jpg

Hi Ian - all good thanks, and hope it's the same in your world.

Re the Thruxton, I actually chopped it in a year ago for a Tiger 900 GT Pro. There's no question that the Tiger is a brilliant bike - it just didn't make me go weak at the knees, though.

You're bike looks fantastic. Hilarious is about right, isn't it? 😂

6 hours ago, bud said:

Nice purchase.

With the ceramic coating and ACF50, will be no excuse not to keep it pristine. 👍

Thanks! I'm not actually a fastidious cleaner, and I'm already thinking that the remaining chrome (mostly casings, as the exhaust has already been switched to black) may have to be swapped out for black.

I've spoken to the dealership about it (and a friend with the same bike has just had them do similarly for him) but given that the lead time for the parts is about a month and I wasn't offered any discount, I thought I'd see how I get on as-is first. It's not a cheap conversion, and if I can keep the chrome looking nice I may just forget about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, learningtofly said:

Thanks Stu. Yes, the jokes are just going to have to stop, or there'll be a mass walkout 😀

You're starting to sound like a rail worker :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I was on an enduro weekend in the peak district and on the first day it bucketed down all day. That night I  ached all over and had a very sore arse from all the mud that had found its way into my kit. So Off I went for a shower to get all the grime off and warm up. Drying myself off I still had a red raw arse to went searching the bathroom cabinet in the holiday cottage for something to sooth my arse. The only thing I could find was OIl of Olay so I thought what harm can it do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well others in the cottage heard this blood curdling scream coming from the bathroom and I didnt realise my voice could go that high, some thought I had stuck a hot poker up my arse. Luckily the rain had stopped the next day but everyone kept asking why I walked like I had just got off a horse. 😲 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Old-codger said:

Many years ago I was on an enduro weekend in the peak district and on the first day it bucketed down all day. That night I  ached all over and had a very sore arse from all the mud that had found its way into my kit. So Off I went for a shower to get all the grime off and warm up. Drying myself off I still had a red raw arse to went searching the bathroom cabinet in the holiday cottage for something to sooth my arse. The only thing I could find was OIl of Olay so I thought what harm can it do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well others in the cottage heard this blood curdling scream coming from the bathroom and I didnt realise my voice could go that high, some thought I had stuck a hot poker up my arse. Luckily the rain had stopped the next day but everyone kept asking why I walked like I had just got off a horse. 😲 

Mother in law used to work at Cadbury for many years.  It's a huge factory, in the hot weather some of the workers would suffer a phenomenon known as trolleymans arse not pleasant 😂

• Haha 1