Superior ?

fastbob

I came upon this motorcycle in a local showroom on Saturday . £43,000 to you sir . So what do we think of it , f**k ugly or extremely desirable ? 

IMG_20220828_144400822.jpg

It looks great but have I maybe missed something?

what does it go better than any of 100 naked/cafe Racer type bikes at 1/4 or even 1/8 the price.

I know the sales will tell you you buy into the experience at £43k is it that good? Do the expectations meet with reality?

780337063_Screenshot_20220831-0806082.thumb.png.987edf95637d5328beea83c1445f248a.pngit doesn't even have a pillion seat ..

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Well I quite like it but not for 43K thank you. 

it’s not a surprising price. Had Bloor not poured money into triumph during its early days. Selling every bike they made at a huge loss just to make them affordable. They would have cost a similar price for the time.  Bear in mind he had to do that for the better part of 15 years. Pouring millions in so the bikes could be sold to ordinary people until, eventually, they turned a corner and became profitable. And even then he had to continue funding as it took years more for the company to become self sustaining.

This is why many of these start-ups will never take off. Shareholders will not play the long game. Investors want instant profits.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Witness Norton and the fiasco that became although things may be turning round there.

That was a real tragedy and how a prison sentence didn't follow was criminal itself. You can not pay your TV licence or council tax and go down the steps, rip people off for millions in a pension fund and get a suspended sentence! I liked the concept of the atlas they were going to launch too

• Like 1