Benelli TRK502x horrific vibration in footpegs

RandomBob

Have a 20 plate Benelli TRK 502x which has been a great ride, until now.  It's developed a horrendous vibration in the footpegs. Present when idle and actually causes me pain in my left knee when going anything about 20 mph.  

Have changed the sprockets and chain.  Everything is where it should be.  Had new tyres fitted few weeks ago which were working fine.

I've checked the rims and brakes so have run out of the easy ideas.

Anyone got a suggestion ?  If I can't get this worked out I'm going to have to spend lots of money at a workshop or sell the bugger as it's genuinely painful...

• 1 year later...

Cant be wheels if it does it at idle.

its the engine, had a similar problem but its for the same reason as mine which is why i sold it 😢,

on the side stand,  rev it,  it will actually move the bike up and forward while on its side stand!
these engines are extremely tight from new which is why you wouldn't have noticed it before. Its down to its design, harmonic balance problems especially noticeable when past run in after 4000 but gets silly bad after 8-10000miles. Tried different things to mask it but had no desire to keep pissing around spending loads of money and waiting months on end to come from china for parts even if they were available...

yes you can get mounts (if available for china?) and it may help to a point but it will still do it and having to do that to such a new bike is just not realistic 10yrs ago let alone today...

if its that bad for you just sell it, you'll get probably around low £2k with low mileage if you rob them, thats even if anyone is desperate or no idea of it.

Edited by RideWithStyles

sorry for being so facetious no intent intended. I've never owned a parallel twin but they are renound for the big vibration almost bought a Suzuki TL 1000 and that's the reason I didn't.

I just don't like twin cylinder bikes. Ducatis look lovely but I would never buy one. the honda CX 500 worst bike honda ever made. mho

Edited by Vic101