Underseat Puncture Repair Kit .. UK availability

Trooper74

Stop and go 

and a small compressor too

Dont fanny about with the CO2 canisters as it will take around 4 to get a decent pressure in the rear to move the bike but not enough to inflate it fully 

• Like 1

I have the stop and go tyre repair kit.  Never had to use it in anger, but it was recommended to me by a couple of different people over here.  Pretty easy to use, gets good reviews and certainly looks like it’ll do the job if needed.  The 6000 version comes with a mini compressor, but you can also get the CO2 inflators.  Kit without mini compressor should fit under seat 👍

5 hours ago, jedibiker said:

I use the caterpillar type and bought this pump for when i did nc500, it charges up so no cables needed, and its not bad at all

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09GFP9N1F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 13.02.52.png

I hope that you remember to recharge it daily ;)

Stop and Go. you will also need a small pair of pliers to remove the object and to pull the mushroom stalk to finish the repair. (they don't tell you that until you read the instructions) - I carry a multitool, with needle nose pliers. which is always a handy thing to have with you anyway. Gerber or Leatherman.

The best thing by far about the stop and go is it doesn't use any glue. with glue, once you open it you need to replace it for next time as it will go off once its exposed to air.

once you have found the object in the tyre, the repair takes 2/3 minutes and however long it takes to reinflate. you can usually be on your way agin within 20 minutes or less.

But... it should be obvious, sods law comes into effect. if you have it with you then you will never use it. the moment you forget and leave it at home then that is when you will get a puncture.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

I use the plug kit from M&P and to inflate have a https://www.sportouring.co.uk/shop/accessories/tyre-care/tyre-inflation/rocky-creek-12v-tyre-inflator/ and also got the https://www.sportouring.co.uk/shop/accessories/tyre-care/tyre-inflation/rocky-creek-tyre-gauge-dial-type-with-two-chucks/

The pump is great nice and light and inflates in no time, the gauge is ok but could do with being smaller tbh.