Thunder in the glens

Bender

Not sure if this is first one since lockdown, it has grown considerably since we were last in attendance, never seen so many folk or bikes, predominantly Harley's but a good mix of everything else.

Scotland, so it's wet and cloudy, making center of town impossible to get a dry seat for food or drink, plenty of places within a 5min drive.

If it's sunny it's not a problem because everything is set up for being outside but it's not 😂

PXL_20230826_105759157.MP.jpg

PXL_20230826_110606638.MP.jpg

PXL_20230826_111358259.jpg

PXL_20230826_111354363.jpg

PXL_20230826_111706291.jpg

PXL_20230826_112014449.jpg

PXL_20230826_112032194.MP.jpg

PXL_20230826_114139534.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

The town next to me is hosting their yearly Harley Davidson rally. Apparently it's the biggest in the country. Never been able to get over to it as I always seem to be working when its on :roll:

https://visitbaildon.co.uk/baildon-harley-rally/

The one in Aviemore  is plugged as biggest in Europe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bender said:

Don't get midges in Aviemore 😁 

yes you do ..  Midges thrive in shady quarters, whereas open air without cover they tend to avoid. Aviemore is far enough north and east to escape the worst midge-infestation .. 

26 minutes ago, Copycat73 said:

yes you do ..  Midges thrive in shady quarters, whereas open air without cover they tend to avoid. Aviemore is far enough north and east to escape the worst midge-infestation .. 

I've never been bitten by a midge in Aviemore in over 40yrs, I've been up the mountains, camped in the woods, trudged through bogs, compared to many places in Scotland it's as midge free as your getting.

I'm sure technically they do exist but I'm not going looking for them, if I see one I will take a pic for you 😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Bet my wife could find one! She got bitten by a midge in Kielder in March FFS. If there's a midge within about 50 miles I reckon they home in on her. Don't bother me at all.

Kielder can be bad for the little buggers, my wife's never been bitten here either 😁

The whole thing may be in jeopardy as it currently is,  the MC Donald highland resorts are looking to develop the car parks which probably means building time share/holiday homes on the ground.

There is nowhere else in Aviemore that can accommodate several thousand campers and probably 500 odd motorhomes never mind the trade and food vendors.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I took a group sail training at Kielder, within 48 hours they all looked like stunt doubles for the Elephant Man. I've never been back. 

Yup can be ferocious, I think they migrated from Scotland 😂

59 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I took a group sail training at Kielder, within 48 hours they all looked like stunt doubles for the Elephant Man. I've never been back. 

Can be good fishing there in July through September.  Personally I've never been bitten there. Scottish midges have been known to get e on occasion particularly in the Crinan Canal. Nasty little buggers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 20:37, Bender said:

Don't get midges in Aviemore 😁 as for rain it was raining worse back home 😂

You get Midges in Glasgow Central Station if the conditions are not favourable . 

• Like 2