What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

20 minutes ago, Fish said:

I dodged the showers this morning and took a trip to the tyre shop on the XSR. This was to replace the stupid little stubby tyre valves with nice 90 degree bend valves, making it easier to check pressures and inflate if required.

I’ve bought 3 90 deg adaptors … one for each of my 3 jackets …👍

Booked it into local bike garage for chain adjustment next saturday:

Cleaned, lubed chain and polished mirrors and lights.. 

Going out tomorrow for a wee blast somewhere, looking at 70-80 miles, 3-4 hours, some form of sandwich/roll and cold drink in middle. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Booked it into local bike garage for chain adjustment next saturday:

Cleaned, lubed chain and polished mirrors and lights.. 

Going out tomorrow for a wee blast somewhere, looking at 70-80 miles, 3-4 hours, some form of sandwich/roll and cold drink in middle. 

Bike garage for chain adjustment … seriously …. It’s really simple …. Super simple. 
Where in Scotland are you … there must someone on here near by that could show you … or go to YouTube … it really is easy …Enjoy your ride out …

Just checked YouTube really good instructions on doing the

chain.

Edited by Trooper74

On 12/05/2024 at 21:30, Simon Davey said:

I love my Cardo, I have yet to use it for chat, but the"hey Cardo " commands are pretty good,and you can still use" OK Google " and the Siri commands. 

The battery life is excellent too. 

My cardo can never  pick up my commands due to the amount of wind noise I think.. does it also work on dual carriageways/motorways for you?

4 hours ago, peepae said:

My cardo can never  pick up my commands due to the amount of wind noise I think.. does it also work on dual carriageways/motorways for you?

Yes, I have no problem at all. 

Have you got the sponge thingy on the mic? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

40 minutes to the hospital from home, had a great ride there and back. 

Slapped on the vintage panniers so I didn't have to drag my clobber to my appointment. 

Totally surprised, and really rather chuffed that the radiographer was concerned that I had a crash helmet, but no jacket, she was delighted I'd stashed it in a pannier and wasn't without protection. 

Free bike parking, under cover in the shade, delightfully civilised. 

20240519_133616.thumb.JPG.085367be6c06d3566a5e876f417d3f54.JPG

That's not my oil leak! 

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Bike garage for chain adjustment … seriously …. It’s really simple …. Super simple. 

Every service my dealer asks me if I want this doing when the bikes dropped off and keys handed over. Degrease/Lube/Adjust. All for the modest sum of £30.

I say no, because I have the tools to do it as per spec. And for my bike that’s a fairly small list, but includes a socket that you don’t normally find in an average tool kit. As well as a breaker bar and 200nm torque wrench.

It’s normal nowadays for owners to do absolutely nothing in the way of maintenance. Nothing at all. Pay the dealership to do everything. The OP gets kudos from me for cleaning and lubing his chain. Many can’t even manage that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Yeah I do, maybe it’s my Dutch accent..

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

make certain the mic is facing the right way

33 minutes ago, Fish said:

I'm gonna check this tomorrow.. and if it's that way I will not let you know because I'll be ashamed in my corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Where in Scotland are you … there must someone on here near by that could show you … or go to YouTube … it really is easy …Enjoy your ride out …

Just checked YouTube really good instructions on doing the

chain.

Haven't got the tools to do it myself so thought I'd pop in to local place. 

£10. bargain, I'll get the tools before the next time and get learning some spannering.. 

I've checked youtube prior to booking it in, does look easy enough but as mentioned, haven't the tools at the moment.

Actually looking forward to amassing some tools and getting hands on with it. 

Ride out wasn't as long as anticipated last night, only 40 miles but went somewhere new and picturesque so will post photos soon. 

Always just a joy to get out for a bit. 

• Like 4

Just under 40miles, North Queensferry, South Queensferry and home....

Wasn't looking to break any land speed records, just a nice chilled Sunday bimble... Something the CB125F excels at.. 

IMG-20240519-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0002.jpg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Just under 40miles, North Queensferry, South Queensferry and home....

Wasn't looking to break any land speed records, just a nice chilled Sunday bimble... Something the CB125F excels at.. 

IMG-20240519-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0002.jpg

Nice pics 😍

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Took it for a 60 mile whizz through the  Cotswolds.  A couple of good fast roads (B4425) and found myself in the company of a couple of sports bikes. Kept up with no effort but found myself doing licence losing speeds all too easily but my word it was fun. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 3

Similar. I ended up joining the M56 in the middle of a group of bikes on my ride home. Let them all get past me then brought up the rear. Had sort of assumed they were heading north towards the IoM ferry, but they carried on towards Wales.

It's nice to be out of the winter riding gear - no getting togged up at the end of my shift. Just helmet, jacket and gloves, a few U turns in the car park, then away.

• Like 3

On 19/05/2024 at 19:57, Fish said:

It was the correct way round!!! Cardo discriminates accents I think.. 🤪

• Like 2

On 18/05/2024 at 19:37, Fish said:

I dodged the showers this morning and took a trip to the tyre shop on the XSR. This was to replace the stupid little stubby tyre valves with nice 90 degree bend valves, making it easier to check pressures and inflate if required.

My tyre man has replaced the two 90s on mine, one of which was original and leaking. I even drew arrows for the correct directions. But after a few hours they went completely flat. I can move the valves with a prod of the finger. On breaking the bead of the tyre to have a look he's put the nut on upside down and because you can't get a socket on it that way in the recess of the rim finished the job off with a chisel and hammer. I could maybe live with that if it was actually tight. There is some blame in the product itself mind, the actual bit of rubber gasket doesn't fully fit inside the diameter of the hole, maybe that's why he had to turn the nut upside down to reach some thread. Argh. Shit job anyway. I'm going to try myself with some Bridgeport branded 90s instead of the ones I got off eBay. This is why I've never liked anyone working on my stuff, apart from tyres, til now. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
On 18/05/2024 at 19:37, Fish said:

Edit: double post 

Edited by smallfrowne
Oops
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, smallfrowne said:

My tyre man has replaced the two 90s on mine, one of which was original and leaking. I even drew arrows for the correct directions. But after a few hours they went completely flat. I can move the valves with a prod of the finger. On breaking the bead of the tyre to have a look he's put the nut on upside down and because you can't get a socket on it that way in the recess of the rim finished the job off with a chisel and hammer. I could maybe live with that if it was actually tight. There is some blame in the product itself mind, the actual bit of rubber gasket doesn't fully fit inside the diameter of the hole, maybe that's why he had to turn the nut upside down to reach some thread. Argh. Shit job anyway. I'm going to try myself with some Bridgeport branded 90s instead of the ones I got off eBay. This is why I've never liked anyone working on my stuff, apart from tyres, til now. 

yeah some are ok, devon ports? a brand that was got from demon tweeks that was fitted to the Triumph worked well. but the mech i use isnt a keen or fond of them.

i just keep ot the simple rubber straight valves.

for the gauge - bought a std 90 degree valve version, thou if i wanted i could do what i did below to it aswell.

to pump the tyre up i removed a threaded valve from a bycycle suspension pump and attached that to the pumps hose. twist on and off with thread. barely loses pressure and far less than others designed devices ive used. 

Both parcels… camping gear and clothing have arrived at the Douglas Rugby Club… now only the weather to arrange. Spoken to the IOM Ferry company if it pours all week we can bug out with little notice as the ferry is not full for the return journey during practice week  …. But thats the last resort … 🤞

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Converted the tank bag from magnets to straps ready for Saturdays drive to Heysham and the IOM. V Strom has plastic tank panels.. not so good for magnets.. So .. bought some straps off Amazon, cut slits in the bag just below the magnets, slipped the straps through and now sewing the slits to strengthen the area. 
The straps will hold the bag in its normal position attached to the crash bars either side of the radiator … Not spending any money when I can modify it myself …😃👍

IMG_0495.thumb.jpeg.6f03186a7a7c4edb86c19c4a2266c392.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 6