Which tool kit do you carry?

On a Triumph Bobber.....there nowhere to carry anything. Even a puncture kit is useless as the tyres are tubed. 

So I depart into the wild blue yonder with the gleeful opinion that if I run into trouble getting home will be a whole new adventure.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fleck said:

I carry this if going a long way 😁 can't have any dirt settling in on my shiny new Hornet 💫😆Screenshot_20240204_170834_Opera.thumb.jpg.33a2227c52eae9464e2a6e762b5e3fc9.jpg

I've just been using some excellent wipes, might have to pack a few of those. 

• Thanks 1

Depends on how far.

Day trip: puncture kit, tye wraps, very basic multi tool sockets, small sticky tape, visor cleaner. Loose change. 

Longer: rag chain cleaner and lube. A few more tools, few moore pennies .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

My kit doesn't change if its 5 miles, 500 miles or 1500 miles. Boring me.

That's like the armour answer... 

Whether 1 mile or a thousand, the need is the same. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

On a Triumph Bobber.....there nowhere to carry anything. Even a puncture kit is useless as the tyres are tubed. 

So I depart into the wild blue yonder with the gleeful opinion that if I run into trouble getting home will be a whole new adventure.  

just fill the whole tyre with loads and loads of bottles of slime stuff..🤡.🤣

animation throw up GIF

Edited by RideWithStyles

4 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

just fill the whole tyre with loads and loads of bottles of slime stuff..🤡.🤣

animation throw up GIF

No chance. My wife used that in her pedal bike tyres because she wasn't confident she could mend a puncture if she was out by herself.

We were on a ride near Knutsford when she ran over a thorn and got a slowish puncture. The slime did nothing to mend the tiny hole made by the thorn but it did manage to totally clog up the valve. So having mended the puncture I then tried to inflate the tyre only for my pump to explode in my hand due to the valve being clogged.

I fitted a new tube but then had no pump so I had to leave her by the roadside whilst I pedalled off into Knutsford to buy new pump. Knutsford is bit posh so the bike shop only sold carbon fibre pumps with diamond encrusted handles - it cost me a fortune. Plus the guy in the shop was a bit snotty at a scruff like me cluttering up his emporium.

Armed with my new super-duper pump I cycled back to my poor wife feeling bad about abandoning her in the middle of nowhere. Only when I got back she was surrounded by young men on very fancy bikes who had seen her in distress and come to her aid. They had got the tyre inflated and she was all ready to go. So my expensive pump wasn't needed.

She was very happy about the whole thing and enjoying the attention. I'm never fitting tyre slime to anything ever again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Wasn't it supposed to damage alloys from the inside for tubeless tyres?

Yes. though it really depends on the coating used on the inside of the rims. if its good, then no problem. But if it isn't and the stuff can get under it and in contact with the metal - it can turn out very nasty. This is why some people will have had no problems whatsoever while others get something like this:

Excel rim damage.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

We were on a ride near Knutsford when she ran over a thorn and got a slowish puncture. The slime did nothing to mend the tiny hole made by the thorn but it did manage to totally clog up the valve. So having mended the puncture I then tried to inflate the tyre only for my pump to explode in my hand due to the valve being clogged.

I had a similar experience with slime. Never again. Puncture proof tyres work well but are very heavy.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

No chance. My wife used that in her pedal bike tyres because she wasn't confident she could mend a puncture if she was out by herself.

I fitted a new tube but then had no pump so I had to leave her by the roadside whilst I pedalled off into Knutsford to buy new pump. Knutsford is bit posh so the bike shop only sold carbon fibre pumps with diamond encrusted handles - it cost me a fortune. Plus the guy in the shop was a bit snotty at a scruff like me cluttering up his emporium.

Armed with my new super-duper pump I cycled back to my poor wife feeling bad about abandoning her in the middle of nowhere. Only when I got back she was surrounded by young men on very fancy bikes who had seen her in distress and come to her aid. They had got the tyre inflated and she was all ready to go. So my expensive pump wasn't needed.

She was very happy about the whole thing and enjoying the attention. I'm never fitting tyre slime to anything ever again.

a few years ago i used to put oko tyre life in mine 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Knutsford is bit posh so the bike shop only sold carbon fibre pumps with diamond encrusted handles - it cost me a fortune. Plus the guy in the shop was a bit snotty at a scruff like me cluttering up his emporium.

yeap i find it hit and miss which is why i joked about it, but some are ok with it.

yep i know knutsford, very nice area. bloody posh and upper class thorns to discourage the lower class onks. you should cheerish it as a gift from your peers 🤡.

the guy was hoping youd be buying a ott price bike not a pump 🙁, i would have given him a laugh and said its for the blow up....😂

i bet she was pleased, expensive equipment  with lycra clad lads on show...🤭. jokes aside at least they seemed decent kind hearted folks just to make sure she was ok 👍🏽.

carrying pair of tyre bars, rubber tubes (easy now), and a emergency kit for you now.

• 2 weeks later...