Wife claims my bike is "an expensive ornament". Discuss.

Throttled

38 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

I know I said that as a joke but actually my wife died 12 years ago. I really miss her. She was an expensive ornament. But an amazing person. I’m never going to meet another again. I know. I will try to attach a pic 

80b389d0-97d1-4b58-a349-b697139812ff.jpeg

That's a lovely, happy picture 

• Like 4

Yeah. My wife was a proper cool dude. I try to tell my daughters but they just know her as mum. She was  a proper cool lady back in the day. No idea how I pulled her. Except I might have been a bit cooler myself in those days 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have 3 motorbikes, I am only allowed 1 wife/girlfriend. 

I just want to be absolutely clear about this.  You have 3 motorcycles and one wife AND a girlfriend ?

How very French !

• Haha 3

Any one stupid enough to have more than 1 wife or girlfriend at the same time knows it's much easier to look after 5 bikes, these are things you only learn the hard way.........

So I've been told 🤔 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

When the "issue" of me having a motorbike last cropped up, i went into think mode, and announced, if I didn't have a bike I would get a sailing boat, end of conversation, that was probably two years ago!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fender1515 said:

When the "issue" of me having a motorbike last cropped up, i went into think mode, and announced, if I didn't have a bike I would get a sailing boat, end of conversation, that was probably two years ago!

That's me doomed then. Got two bikes and 2 boats. 

Mind you she has two sewing machines ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That's me doomed then. Got two bikes and 2 boats. 

Mind you she has two sewing machines ....

A plane would follow the sequence 😁

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I used to fly model planes - does that count?

I used to crash them....

Still have a couple on the shed with all the gear, and a Hirobo Sceadu 50, which I just can't part with.

On 18/04/2024 at 21:02, Simon Davey said:

That's a lovely, happy picture 

I did actually feel embarrassed that I had posted this. I did ask Stu to delete it. But he thought it just reflected real life. In truth I agree with him. I’ve been through the mill lately. Some folks say I live in the past. Well sometimes the past is better than the present. Or the future 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

I did actually feel embarrassed that I had posted this. I did ask Stu to delete it. But he thought it just reflected real life. In truth I agree with him. I’ve been through the mill lately. Some folks say I live in the past. Well sometimes the past is better than the present. Or the future 

If the past is where you're happy, then be happy. 

Our past is what makes us, and what governs our decisions for the future. 

The past and future are not entirely separate. 

Edited by Simon Davey

Please remember David that it's so important to share and not keep things bottled up, your in a safe space, your family of fellow bikers, you are heard, I can't imagine what you've been through losing your precious wife, but I feel privileged to have seen her lovely smiling face, thank you 

• Like 4

On 18/04/2024 at 21:30, curlylegend said:

I have 3 motorbikes, I am only allowed 1 wife/girlfriend. 

I just want to be absolutely clear about this.  You have 3 motorcycles and one wife AND a girlfriend ?

How very French !

The French use mopeds to ride between wife and mistress.

• Haha 2

On 18/04/2024 at 19:40, Throttled said:

On Saturday she will get her 3rd dan black belt Shito-ryu 

I didn’t know wives could win awards for cleaning and stuff. Does this mean that sammich making happens even faster or tastes better? I might sign my wife up for it. 

• Like 1

I know of at least one wife possibly three who on receipt of that comment would have the observer hitting the very high notes in the choir. I'm not that brave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1