F**k It

Guest noob_biker

Computer issue - Crashed half-way through a Windows 10 update. Now i have no files or programmes (during the update there was a message on the screen saying 'we've moved your files - don't worry' (or something like that).

F**k It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:evil:

• 1 month later...

Evening all, p1ssed off with everyone and everything today.

Mortgage company stitched me up, trains all delayed, beer in the pub didn't taste normal. Still not home.

Desperate for a pee, stuck on train with disfunctional toilet.

Currently plotting revenge on my mortgage company..... Considering peeing in a bottle and posting it to them. Two birds with one stone ;)

What an awesome idea for a thread... got to join in! :D

Couldn't find my 'UTR' number to login to the HMRC self assessment website - bugger. :cry:

But wait - they have a great new idea - if you spend ten minutes going through an identification process then you can log in. Brilliant! This will save me crawling through the filing cabinet to find the number I need.

10 minutes, an email and a text message later I am officially recognised to be me and it logs me in - Fantastic! :cheers:

First question it then asks (which you cannot leave blank or otherwise avoid):

What is your UTR number?

Bugger. :stupid:

And then to add insult to injury once I have dug through the layers of archaeological paper in my filing cabinet to retrieve the number, completed the tax return and immediately paid the tax owed, three days later I get an email telling me I haven't paid yet (but I can ignore this message if I paid yesterday).

F**k it. :crybaby:

Mortgage company stitched me up, trains all delayed, beer in the pub didn't taste normal. Still not home.

Currently plotting revenge on my mortgage company..... Considering peeing in a bottle and posting it to them. Two birds with one stone ;)

While this is a great plan, what did they do to you? :shock:

While this is a great plan, what did they do to you? :shock:

Wall of text time!!!

My current mortgage deal ends on Jan 31st. On Jan 16th I called them to switch deals and was told I couldn't do it over the phone and had to do it online. They told me I was already registered for online services so it wouldn't be a problem.

I attempted to login and was told infact I wasn't registered, so I proceeded to register for online services. The website then said it would take 10days for my pass code to arrive in the post.

The passcode arrived on the 25th Jan, i went online to switch deals but the website gave me a starting date of March 1st - a whole month after my existing deal expired. I called them up and they told me I'd missed the deadline which was the 24th and so there was nothing they could do. They then told me that infact I didn't need to be registered online and could have done it over the phone in the first place!!!

So for one month my interest rate will jump from 1.6% to 3.99% and then on march 1st drop down to 1.3%.. So for one month I'm getting stung for a chunk of extra interest all because they gave me bad information on my first call.

I raised a complaint and the condescending, arrogant woman on the phone basically said it was all my fault and had zero sympathy. So I've filed a complaint with the FCA as in my opinion I'm being unfairly penalised due to their mistake.

Fortunately it's not a huge sum of money, but that makes it even worse. For the sake of a few hundred quid they are being idiots and clearly don't have customers best interests in mind.

So the new deal I selected has no early repayment fees so I can now take my time to find another provider.

I intend to ensure this will cost them more in time (dealing with the FCA complaint) and money (lost business when i switch providers) than it will cost me in one month extra interest..

Aww that really Sucks, Joe! :(

What a serious pain in the ass.. It was for a similar bad customer help line experience that I left O2 for EE, though I think the sums of money I'm talking about are a gnats bite compared to yours!

Keep us updated if you managed to wack them in the proverbial bollocks! :D

Who's your supplier Joeman?

Last year Nationwide naused my renewal up. Stuck in a complaint and got a cheque for a few hundred quid. :-) That may have had something to do with the wife grinding their ears down with her incessant complaining though. :-)

Who's your supplier Joeman?

Last year Nationwide naused my renewal up. Stuck in a complaint and got a cheque for a few hundred quid. :-) That may have had something to do with the wife grinding their ears down with her incessant complaining though. :-)

Haha mine is with Nationwide too!!

Bunch of useless incompetent idiots.

I checked the FSA complaints data, and Nationwide received over 42,000 complaints in a six month period!!

So seems we are not alone...

My best mate recently went to get his first mortgage with them.

They have all of his normal and saving accounts anyway and approved his initial mortgage application, he makes a bid on a flat and they accept. Then all the wheels start turning and Nationwide start flagging up complications and eventually say "We don't actually know enough about your finances to accept this, Sorry!"

... w**kers..

He's now doing it all through Santander and say's they're a lot better!

How do you see how many complaints a company has against them?

Wall of text time!!!

It was an interesting read!

Someone needs to hit them when they play out like this. I'm not the vengeful sort but you can't let people walk all over you and if there is a measure that might make them avoid damaging anyone else, then so be it. You abided by their rules, and got stung, then treated wrongly.

Hope I never have this issue! But good to know my options if it happens.

CG125 is STILL using its crankcase as a second fuel tank. Curses. Might have to set up a tent in the garden and work on the carb in there, Crystal will probably lose the plot if I fill our kitchen with bike parts less than a week after clearing out the huge pile of BMW parts...

Crankcase breather and carb overflow are routed properly (out the bike's butt), tank doesn't have a breather (vented cap).

Almost certain that it's running far too rich, particularly as it dies instantly if you use any more than a smidgeon of choke.

Having limited (bugger all) knowledge of carbs, I've Googled it a fair old bit and various people suggest that when running way too rich, uncombusted fuel can be forced past the piston rings. Dunno how much truth there is in that but it seemed as good a place to start as any. One bloke said that it couldn't possibly be getting in there when the bike is running, but seeing as I'm good about turning my fuel tap off I would've thought that's unlikely? Unless it's somehow all getting through when I'm frantically trying to kick start it in the morning :lol:

if it is forcing past the rings then its also washing the barrel which will mean premature wear of the rings/bore basic set for the carb ollie is turn mixture screw all the way in and then out 1 3/4 turns but as you start remember how many turns it is out as you wind it in for reference the further out it is the leaner it is running

Yup as Steve says you get something called piston wash and can cause big problems

You can get fuel leaking through when switched off if you have a dodgy float but you have ruled that out by turning the tap off

An incorrect float height can cause it and as can running rich

Magic, cheers for that. What do you reckon, adjust the mix + fresh oil and run a few miles up then check the oil to see if it's sorted before moving on to opening up the carb? Or given the potential for big problems, pull off the carb and check the float AND adjust the mix?

Trade them both in and get a versys :mrgreen:

Personally I would strip the carb probably replace the float valve or at least make sure its sealing correctly then set the float height and adjust the mixture as per manual

Are you getting rising oil levels?

I don't want a bloody Versys they're ugly as hell :lol:

Sounds like a plan. Will have a peek on David Silver tonight to see if I can get a replacement valve, and get the carb off the bike.

Level may have risen a little bit, not enough that I can say for certain. Mainly noticed it from the smell, was checking the level and noticed my hand smelt faintly of petrol afterwards. Once at work I let it cool then rubbed some between my fingers and it felt a bit thinner than normal, and there was a definite petrol odour. Will take it easy on the ride home, that's for certain.

by the sounds of that you are making a mountain out of a molehill

you can get a petrol odour in the oil it is pretty normal

it will be worse on a bike that does short journeys especially if it is running rich

also oil thins out over usage! I have seen oil seep very easily in to a rag as if it was water! just because it is thin it doesn't mean its not protecting the engine

the fact you are not getting rising oil levels seems fine to me!

hell on the early TL's they where really bad for it you could do an oil change and in the space of 1000 miles the oil level had risen by around a litre!

I think you may be looking for a problem thats not there

ollie do the basic carb work first if you had serious problem of petrol getting into the oil you would have it rising well over the max line fairly quickly as stu said as the carb is easy t o remove pull it out and check float level and set the mixture to the basic setting as per manual also when you turn fuel tap into the off position make sure it is closing off properly