Nob of the Day.......

Tango

None of the restructure redundancy crap bothers me, been there done that. I really don't like that information can be put out on a public website for the whole world to see but not communicated to the people it affects. They're happy for people to read it and make any inference they like but don't want the accountability of explaining until you force them. I've spoken to her a number of times in the past week and all I get is this patronising 'don't worry nonsense'. I can't get her to see that it would be respectful to tell people what's happening and that if you don't tell people they'll jump to the worst conclusion.

She doesn’t want to understand, she likes holding the cards. These sort of people are tiresome.

Yeah, and what's fun to remind management is that there are alot fewer management roles out there than non management roles.

Say something like "oh well if redundancy comes I'll be ok, but I wouldnt want to be looking for a more senior role in the current job market..." Plant the seeds of self doubt and watch them grow...

She doesn’t want to understand, she likes holding the cards. These sort of people are tiresome.

Yeah, and what's fun to remind management is that there are alot fewer management roles out there than non management roles.

Say something like "oh well if redundancy comes I'll be ok, but I wouldnt want to be looking for a more senior role in the current job market..." Plant the seeds of self doubt and watch them grow...

Oh that’s quality. Nice and nasty. :thumb:

Nob of the day is me. Bike delivered back today. I've bought some second hand vario panniers to go on it, so I can keep the metal mules when I sell the bike. Thought I'd put them on. Looked at bike and realised I'd have to take the gs adventure luggage rack off. Came off fine, so started on the metal mule luggage rack. One bolt was cross threaded and ended up cutting it off. All seemed well until I went to put the vario pannier on. Naively assumed it would go straight on but it's obviously missing some bits. Spent next hour putting all the other bits back on. So basically I'm back where I started but now with a surplus set of vario panniers. 😭

Nob of the day is me. Bike delivered back today. I've bought some second hand vario panniers to go on it, so I can keep the metal mules when I sell the bike. Thought I'd put them on. Looked at bike and realised I'd have to take the gs adventure luggage rack off. Came off fine, so started on the metal mule luggage rack. One bolt was cross threaded and ended up cutting it off. All seemed well until I went to put the vario pannier on. Naively assumed it would go straight on but it's obviously missing some bits. Spent next hour putting all the other bits back on. So basically I'm back where I started but now with a surplus set of vario panniers. 😭

Wotcha need? Someone might have something that'll sort you out.

What bolts you need?

On night's at weekend :wink:

Think I need these

IMG_3128.JPG.97e4244092438d6089ba24db0d21446b.JPG

I'll post a wanted ad. Can't find them on eBay and £150 or so from BMW. £80 a pair plus from motorworks.

nobs of the day are the thieving gits who just broke into our work truck parked outside the visitor centre and stole three stihl brushcutters and a leaf blower. Crap cctv so can't get their numberplate. Can't stand thieving scum like that.

Forgot to post this last night.

Yesterday was me.

Riding home, haven't done much dark riding. On a dark B road go to flick full beam on.

Hm, that didn't make too much difference.

Glance down and see a blue light.

But then also see some flashing green lights.

Brain slowly catches up.

The blue light was my heated grips.

The flashing green lights were indicating that my hazard lights were now on, which were now rhythmically flashing away, confusing the beejesus out of the land rover following me. And in my fat fingered moment rather than hit the full beam switch I'd turned on my four way flashers which for some reason the designers placed right next to full beam, and in the dark in gloves it's hard to differentiate between the two.

(Still, I guess better than on my mod 2 when within 200 metres of leaving the test centre I hit the horn rather than cancel my indicator.... the examiner either didn't notice or couldn't be bothered to mention it.

Oh, but then there was 1000 metres from the test centre when rather than indicating left I managed to turn the hazard lights on..... again, either the examiner didn't spot or let it slide. The only thing I failed to turn on in that first kilometre was the bloody windscreen wipers... I don't think the bike was fitted with them but by jove if they were there I probably would have managed to turn them on)

Me at times on the bike:

">

(Still, I guess better than on my mod 2 when within 200 metres of leaving the test centre I hit the horn rather than cancel my indicator.... the examiner either didn't notice or couldn't be bothered to mention it.

I think thats expected, I used to do it a lot. Especially when switching over to winter gloves :oops:

My nob of the day has to be the driver that indicated to go left of the roundabout but actually decided to go right :lol: :lol: ruining an otherwise good test! Im allowed to call them a nob right?

Depends. Were you the examiner? :D

My nob of the day has to be the driver that indicated to go left of the roundabout but actually decided to go right :lol: :lol: ruining an otherwise good test! Im allowed to call them a nob right?

Depends. Were you the examiner? :D

I wish!

Lol Im not salty about it. One of those things - next time Ill make sure I read minds not indicators! ;)

...next time Ill make sure I read minds not indicators! ;)

That is a very good philosophy.. The only thing a flashing indicator tells you is that the lamp is working. You should always assume it never conveys anything about the driver/riders intentions until they have actually committed to the turn.

The dog, who had done a massive 💩 right where I finished my u-turn on the drive. What with it being dark I didn't see it but even with my stinker of a cold I smelt it :shock:

The dog, who had done a massive 💩 right where I finished my u-turn on the drive. What with it being dark I didn't see it but even with my stinker of a cold I smelt it :shock:

Yeah, but it could have been worse....just think if you had skidded on it and fallen off into it! :shock:

Think how SSE would have laughed......... :mrgreen:

Myself. The Keis Controller that lets you choose which heat setting packed up, after about 50 miles the tootsers were not happy so I decided to plug them in without the controller. Lovely, very toasty. I have burnt the soles of my feet walking is not nice. Prat.

The clue is in the name......"controller"..........hope the tootsies are feeling a bit better now.......

(Just thought.....what you created was a self-contained, personal "firewalk"!!! I won't say "how cool is that?" 'cos it obviously wasn't.....)

Edited by Anonymous

Myself. The Keis Controller that lets you choose which heat setting packed up, after about 50 miles the tootsers were not happy so I decided to plug them in without the controller. Lovely, very toasty. I have burnt the soles of my feet walking is not nice. Prat.

The clue is in the name......"controller"..........hope the tootsies are feeling a bit better now.......

(Just thought.....what you created was a self-contained, personal "firewalk"!!! I won't say "how cool is that?" 'cos it obviously wasn't.....)

Well you know how reason goes out the window with the tiniest bit of physical discomfort!

It went like this-

“Well they sell the controllers separately so you must be able to use them without”

“Yes yes and I use them on full blast all the time anyway so no controller is probably the equivalent of full blast”

“Mmm yes that’s sound reasoning, what’s the worse that could happen anyway, I have to stop and unplug. In fact it would be stupid not to try it”

🔥 🔥 🔥

New controller arrived today :roll:

It went like this-

“Well they sell the controllers separately so you must be able to use them without”

“Yes yes and I use them on full blast all the time anyway so no controller is probably the equivalent of full blast”

“Mmm yes that’s sound reasoning, what’s the worse that could happen anyway, I have to stop and unplug. In fact it would be stupid not to try it”

🔥 🔥 🔥

Reginald Revans lives!