Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Not sure which day but whoever it was who serviced our son-in-law's car last. He came round today saying he'd had the car into the garage complaining of a rattle. They'd had it all day and said they'd spent a couple of hours checking it but could find nothing wrong. So could I take a look for him ....

It took me literally two minutes to find they'd fitted the new air filter without refitting the four screws that hold the top of the housing on, so the air filter top was totally loose.

Of course three of the four screws have disappeared, for which Ford charge an astonishing £9 a screw!

Muppets!

Not sure which day but whoever it was who serviced our son-in-law's car last. He came round today saying he'd had the car into the garage complaining of a rattle. They'd had it all day and said they'd spent a couple of hours checking it but could find nothing wrong. So could I take a look for him ....

It took me literally two minutes to find they'd fitted the new air filter without refitting the four screws that hold the top of the housing on, so the air filter top was totally loose.

Of course three of the four screws have disappeared, for which Ford charge an astonishing £9 a screw!

Muppets!

Disappeared where ? Not into the air intake I hope .

Muppets!

Disappeared where ? Not into the air intake I hope .

Thankfully not, they've probably just dropped onto the road. He's driven back from the Lakes today so if the screws had been invested I think we'd have known about it by now!

We move house tomorrow, so I rode the bikes over with my wife following to run me home. They were covered in mud by the time I arrived so I hosed them down before parking them in the garage.

I decided not to connect the battery chargers whilst they were still wet....

But I didn't mean to leave the chargers on the floor underneath the wet bikes. Now I've got two CTEK chargers that are full of water :oops:

Whatever your view on speed limits, speed enforcement, camera enforcement.... that matters not here... I just want to remind you that these people and their wonky understanding of how it all works share the road amongst us

(Taken from a local fb group, most people are ranting but I'm doing my best to clarify.... names and faces redacted to protect the not so innocent)

doh.thumb.png.e227c2f9de9ef2122d786bab52b7e4f4.png

Whatever your view on speed limits, speed enforcement, camera enforcement.... that matters not here... I just want to remind you that these people and their wonky understanding of how it all works share the road amongst us

(Taken from a local fb group, most people are ranting but I'm doing my best to clarify.... names and faces redacted to protect the not so innocent)

Well it does bring to mind the old saw of "You know how stupid the average person in the street is? Well, mathematics says almost half of them are stupider than that"..... :thumb:

Well it does bring to mind the old saw of "You know how stupid the average person in the street is? Well, mathematics says almost half of them are stupider than that"..... :thumb:

What's cracking me up is I guarantee if said person gets offered a speed awareness course they'll be one of those present saying "but they put cameras right after a downwards speed change and you don't have time to slow down, it's not fair", whilst basically admitting here that if the speed change goes upwards them they have zero issues seeing the sign well in advance....

(ps the above scenario happened on one I attended)

What's cracking me up is I guarantee if said person gets offered a speed awareness course they'll be one of those present saying "but they put cameras right after a downwards speed change and you don't have time to slow down, it's not fair", whilst basically admitting here that if the speed change goes upwards them they have zero issues seeing the sign well in advance....

.... Did they give you biscuits or was that only the one that fastbob attended....?

There's a sneaky new speed camera near us. The road has always been 40 mph but the speed camera is a dual speed and traffic light camera set at 30mph. What they've done is to reduce the speed limit to 30 for just the width of a road junction so the 30 signs are amidst a mess of traffic lights, direction signs and various other paraphernalia.

Loads of people haven't spotted the very short section dropped to 30 along a road that has always been 40. I'm all in favour of safety but this just looks to be a cynical moneymaking scheme.

I hear you but definitely can't claim that here. It's a 30 in a village and has been for yonks, problem is it's an old Roman road and pretty straight so speeding is a regular occurrence. The motorbike would be where the truck is in the first pic, the second is the view backwards so should have been visible for many many seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd only positioned there for a bit as a visual deterrent vs actually trying to catch lots of people.

Screenshot_20190311-184602.thumb.png.be0c6e6b4a3724586e2a0736875e9001.png

Screenshot_20190311-184608.thumb.png.2acba4aa26cf73efa2db022e321be405.png

Nearly forgot this nob of the day from this morning. The cretin who had a 'for sale' sign for his car in his drivers window, and was sat forward peering around it as he sat at a junction waiting to pull out this morning. I should have taken down the number so we could all ring him and call him a nob.

Me! We planned the removals really carefully. Bikes transported separately and the rabbit kept in a locked hutch whilst all the doors were open. He's a free range house bunny so usually goes wherever he wants. So we had his travel carrier out ready to transport him in.

Until the removal vans left and we realised I'd left the door for the travel case on the unit so it had been packed on one of the vans. So we had free range bunny bouncing all over the car as we followed the vans. He hates traveling in the car so he was pretty freaked out.

This lady, who has no idea of the concept of give and take. Yes as she was gesticulating and swearing the parked cars were on my side of the road, but if she'd have slowed down a touch I could have pulled in behind the red car and we all could have merrily carried on on our way, and that when I started coming through I had no way to know due to the bend and number of parked cars that I had to pass that I was going to end up getting in her way.

Unfortunately she didn't comprehend that it's nigh on impossible to reverse a motorbike downhill and back around a bend until I'd gone back past all the seven cars I'd just come past so didn't approve of me sitting there either.

notd.thumb.png.dcdeff8fbd6508b53ad69ee8adaeebb6.png

Going to the tip with a huge pile of cardboard today. It was very windy and I was struggling with the wind pressure on one of the larger bits of cardboard, the packaging from our new fridge. Just as I got to the narrow gate to the skips the wind really caught the sheet and I had difficulty controlling it. Which wasn’t helped by some clot carrying a bucket of bits barging past me to get into the gate first. He could see I was carrying a large load and having difficulty but patience and courtesy were clearly not in his DNA.

After I had picked it all up I glanced to see where he went....and saw him climbing into his BMW, it’s not just how they drive, it’s a way of life.

Unfortunately she didn't comprehend that it's nigh on impossible to reverse a motorbike

I have been put in this situation a couple of times cars expecting the bike to reverse.... I have never had to, the process goes as follows:

1) Start agreeing of course I am in wrong,

2) Look back up looking at distance and agreeing to back up,

3) Put side stand down

4) Go to dismount (I have never actually got passed this point),

5) Dismount again look at distance,

6) Take gloves off,

7) Take lid off,

8) Start pushing a safe distance away from cars incase of dropping bike (middle of the road) maybe not in straight line,

9) Taking frequent brakes...

I have similar tactic in car, I demon straight my lack of reversing skills having to go ahead to straighten up occasionally and try again to not hit a parked car is normal isn't it ;) . Oh and any gap I pull into has to be LARGE. Most cars back up instead or pull into the gaps your reversing passed and signal you passed.

Locally there are a couple of pinch points with some regular idiots. If I think the recognise me from previous occasion (they normally quickly start reversing) then I try and alternate my technique by reversing at a rate and reverse parking smoothly into the first gap I can nip into. Of course done with a big smile :up:

I have always lived down single track roads. Now it’s a short single track but for years it was a lane over a mile long. The single track road I’m now on is used by a few as a cut through, must save them about 20 seconds compared to the main road that goes to the same destination and it never ceases to amaze me how many people cannot reverse a car. I don’t even wait for them to try now, even if they’re right next to a passing point (there’s only two) I’ll reverse half the length of the road because it’s much faster than waiting for Mr or Mrs Wobbly to hedge their car.

The thing that irks me is there’s a perfectly decent alternative wide main road so if you can’t reverse don’t drive down it!

Here’s a nob of a couple of years ago-

The person was right next to the passing point but wouldn’t reverse (I couldn’t either because unusually I had two vehicles behind me) he sat there waving his arms gesticulating we should all go back (this would have been a long distance to reverse) so we sat there and sat there and.... sat there..

They became irate, I don’t know what they were shouting but they were puce by now. Eventually I get out of the car and say “you going to have to go back, it’s not far, it’s just behind you there”

From the response you would have thought I’d suggested he should lop off a limb. I said “Look that tractor and trailer behind me there can’t reverse, it’s not safe, he won’t be able to see what’s behind him.”

His response was absurd “You all need to go back, I’m not f*cking going back you stupid f*cking woman”

At this point I nearly lost it, I was contemplating punching him and imagining how satisfying it would be, whatever the consequences were I was thinking it would be worth it just to see his expression. It was the top of my driveway he needed to reverse into so I was so close at yet so far from getting home. Fortunately my more reasoned side decided as fun as getting into a slanging match would be, it would be faster to bring his anger down a few notches and get him to reverse. To cut to the chase I ended up having to reverse his car for him. I was readying a few choice words to give him at the end but by this point he’d fallen apart and was apologising!

So I found myself in mummy mode scolding him for his language and behaviour whilst also telling him everything would be alright! Haven’t seen him since, I think he uses the main road now! Nob.

I have always lived down single track roads. Now it’s a short single track but for years it was a lane over a mile long. The single track road I’m now on is used by a few as a cut through, must save them about 20 seconds compared to the main road that goes to the same destination and it never ceases to amaze me how many people cannot reverse a car. I don’t even wait for them to try now, even if they’re right next to a passing point (there’s only two) I’ll reverse half the length of the road because it’s much faster than waiting for Mr or Mrs Wobbly to hedge their car.

The thing that irks me is there’s a perfectly decent alternative wide main road so if you can’t reverse don’t drive down it!

Here’s a nob of a couple of years ago-

The person was right next to the passing point but wouldn’t reverse (I couldn’t either because unusually I had two vehicles behind me) he sat there waving his arms gesticulating we should all go back (this would have been a long distance to reverse) so we sat there and sat there and.... sat there..

They became irate, I don’t know what they were shouting but they were puce by now. Eventually I get out of the car and say “you going to have to go back, it’s not far, it’s just behind you there”

From the response you would have thought I’d suggested he should lop off a limb. I said “Look that tractor and trailer behind me there can’t reverse, it’s not safe, he won’t be able to see what’s behind him.”

His response was absurd “You all need to go back, I’m not f*cking going back you stupid f*cking woman”

At this point I nearly lost it, I was contemplating punching him and imagining how satisfying it would be, whatever the consequences were I was thinking it would be worth it just to see his expression. It was the top of my driveway he needed to reverse into so I was so close at yet so far from getting home. Fortunately my more reasoned side decided as fun as getting into a slanging match would be, it would be faster to bring his anger down a few notches and get him to reverse. To cut to the chase I ended up having to reverse his car for him. I was readying a few choice words to give him at the end but by this point he’d fallen apart and was apologising!

So I found myself in mummy mode scolding him for his language and behaviour whilst also telling him everything would be alright! Haven’t seen him since, I think he uses the main road now! Nob.

..... Had this one in the car a few times, what I like to do is to turn the engine off, get a book or the paper out and start reading......... if you've got an apple or a sarnie to hand...... extra bonus points!!!! They seem to get the message after a bit...... :roll:

.... Did they give you biscuits or was that only the one that fastbob attended....?

No , in the end it turned out to be a hypothetical discussion based on someone else's assertion that biscuits would be provided . At my course there were no biscuits . There was , however, an extremely irritating bloke from Birmingham who responded to every single question as if it was addressed to him and him alone . It wasn't that anyone else particularly wanted to join in but after an hour or so of listening to this self important nob head droning on , anything useful the presenter might have said was lost on me .

My China office, who sent a glass topped box in a plastic bag to us. Needless to say it did not make it.

Pictures of the decimation? :mrgreen:

The delightful insert also says GLASS WINDOW which should have been a clue

Capture.JPG.7cbeb33e93601ada05542c498bf119a3.JPG

My China office, who sent a glass topped box in a plastic bag to us. Needless to say it did not make it.

Pictures of the decimation? :mrgreen:

The delightful insert also says GLASS WINDOW which should have been a clue

Capture.JPG

Amazing! :mrgreen: When ever something is being shipped from china, i expect 4-6 weeks and a 50% chance it will be destroyed before it arrives.

.... I liked the bit about "finding functional solutions"...... so what was it, a solution to the problem of not having enough pieces of broken glass to hand?