TMBF rally check in thread

TC

Back home safe and sound absolutely knackered. Thanks for all the laughs and new memories. Great to catch up with old faces and meet new people.

Some great fancy dress outfits as always

Just got home

Excellent time thanks all for coming and thanks to the organisers....... Oh how does that work :lol:

Big thanks to sue and Ian for the entertainment and for all the help :thumb:

We have a date in mind already for next year :lol:

Also any feedback on the venue would be great as we are looking to book it again next year

Home safe :D . Hope to get some sleep tonight after being sandwiched between snoring and farting tents which I could hear despite ear plugs :? .

I thought the venue was great - only complaint really, it could have done with toilets being available at all hours or opened earlier in the day. B&B rooms a bit pricey but very nice. Food servings were more than generous, there was a bit of confusion over breakfast times this morning but think that was due to varying information being given out! I'd be happy to go again.

I got back just after 5pm, to find I had to move a load of furniture from one house to the next, after OH's son deliberately disobeyed instructions to leave the beds until today. Poor OH didn't have a bed, and I had to make do with a mattress on the floor. Needless to say I'm pretty incandescent. At least the rally was fantastic, and I'll get the photos uploaded in and around unpacking boxes.

Just to let you know that we go back OK.

It was a quick toutch and go and then down to Tintagel in the car with my daughter for her archaelogical dig.

Finally got back around 1.30am

Day off today though

We got home about 1:30/2:00pm ish

Time for a quick cuppa and shower then we were off to our daughters (1hr drive) to pick the dog up

Eventually after doing the rounds visiting the kids and grandkids we got back home about 7:15pm

Although we slightly overdid the alcohol intake on the first night :angel12: and totally paid for it for the rest of the weekend :( we enjoyed it and it was good to catch up with some friends we haven't seen for way too long, and meet some new people

Glad to report we both felt back to normal this morning

:cheers:

Whoops threw it in the wrong thread!

Wah delayed reply!

Got back to Brum about half 12, rushed in had a bath and then into the car to London, dinner with mum to turn around and head back to Birmingham.. Only to get stuck in a jam on the m40.. Home by 11, straight to sleep and up at 4 this morning to do some last minute cramming for an exam I have in about 10 minutes! Mad..

Was a great weekend, Loved seeing you all again and meeting the new faces I've enjoyed talking to over the net! The rideout was immense, thanks to the lot in my group, was one of the best trips I've been on! (Even with devs pulling us through the local town centres :P )

Going to London was depressing to go from Riding with you lot and seeing the derbyshire biking style (Friendly, polite nodders) to the tracky/trainer wearing morons, helmet undone and ragging there R6 to intimidate drivers.. Bah.. !

Cant wait to be back up along side you lot!

Site was good, breckie on the second morning went a bit awry and shame the bar seamed to close early but good location and great field (despite the spiders), Agree with remy about loos though!

:mrgreen: Where ever it is I'm looking forward to the next one! x

we spoke to the owner before we left and she was well gutted about the sunday morning! she overslept and had a member of staff down and its those two that organise the brekkie!

She did apologise about it which is more that can be said for other places!

yeah I thought the 12.30 last orders was early but we usually stop at 1 anyway and there is usually only a handful of people still standing at that time :lol:

Toilets I agree with although its no biggie for us men :lol:

I am looking at using that place again to be honest as its so hard to find anything like it :?

The venue gets my vote....so what if we had a slight mix up at breakfast.... we all got fed...yes the toilets posed a possible problem but I personally thought the portaloo was ok just at a poor angle...lol...

Go for it Stu...

Yeah....I think it was a top venue......light years ahead of the Miner's IMHO!!..... 8-)

So.....washing and showering facilities could be a bit better......but it's no biggie......and I think the bar closing at 12:30 was a VERY GOOD idea...... :wink: Mind you, I then had my arm twisted up my back round at Sue and Rennie's camper..... :lol:

I think the owner and the staff at Lumb Farm were great.....very friendly and accomodating.....nice big camping field......the room was a perfect size for all us......and plenty of nice seating outside the room for those who wished to recover from the Karaoke...... :lol:

We'll be booking to go again as soon as the dates are announced.......can't wait!!...... 8-)

well I'm currently looking at the 12th of july :mrgreen:

Bloody ell...thats in two weeks....but I guess I can make it :)

:lol: :lol: I thought that when I posted it :lol:

Yep we loved it. Would defo plan on going back there again. I have to be a bit careful with work, this year I played the 'already booked holiday' card, but next year it wont wash. We get told when we will take our holidays, my summer holiday block is in November this year :shock:

Should be able to book a couple of odd days though, a years notice should suffice!

Venue was great, no complaints! Suggestions for possible improvements would be access to a sink for washing up, and a water tap in the field, that's about it though. We would happily pay more to have a sink and water available, but then we have the monsters, so are a bit more dependant on mod cons.

Can't say thanks enough to the organisers!