Would you go?

Adam

If you don't come back for any reason ... can I have your bike :thumb:

Might be disappointed there as don't think he has one currently, when are you going to rectify that Adam? Surely soon? :)

Of course Six, but as Ollie said I don't have one at the moment so you'd have to buy me one before I go. That means if I come back I get to keep it, deal? :D

Probably not until next year Ollie, saving for a house sucks! All that money in the bank but can't spend a penny :(

Anyway back on topic.

Decided I'm going to go, just got to wait for further details on location and exact dates now. If it's in a bad area I'll turn it down! It's not somewhere I'd ever considered going but I would be stupid to give up the opportunity to go there for free and get paid at the same time.

Now time to convince them to give me the job in Australia!

Hahaha.

It's true, bacon's not one of the country's top dishes for sure, but it depends where you are. If you're desperate there are places in Tel Aviv that do it.

Other places you can't even get a hot falafel on a Friday night.

Make sure you double or even triple your day rate for those 10 days your there as 'hazard pay'. I wouldn't do it for the same rate as what I'm on in the UK.

Oh and see if you can fly business class [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually get economy plus, which means more leg room but that's it. Every body is watching the pennies now a days so I highly doubt we'll fly business.

I'll have to fly to the factory in Germany first for a meeting then fly from there the next day with some of the other guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the details, the job is in Caesarea and starts on the 27th of this month however someone managed to tip over a steel support beam that was meant to be installed in the factory I'm currently working. That happened to land on my feet, luckily my steel toe cap saved my right foot but my left took the full weight of it and I've broken it. Going for an op tomorrow as the bone has moved, looking at a plate and screws and possibly pins.

Excellent!

Had surgery yesterday, one titanium plate and six screws which I have the pleasure of keeping forever. Looking at 6 weeks before I can put weight on it again plus a few more weeks getting used to walking on it again so I'd say I'm out of action for the next 2-3 months.

Should be going "home" today although it'll be back to the hotel then I have to figure out how to get my car and tools home. Had a lot of support from the company where it happened and also the managing director and project manager from the company I sub contract too flew out here yesterday to visit myself and the factory.

From what I've heard the company are trying to blame me for the accident! Bullshit! The steel beam was moved and put on wooden blocks, then the driver was supposed to reverse slightly and pick it up again to move it closer to the wall however he we too far back and picked it up with the tips of his forks and it tipped off the wood onto my feet. Nothing I could've done, he lifted it incorrectly without me telling him it was okay to do so. Got to talk with the company I sub too in a few days once I've had time to get over the operation.

EDIT: my spelling is atrocious!

Right mate listen.

Lifting plans.

LOLER regs.

Who was in charge of the lift?

Was the equipment inspected and in date?

Find out the above quick and do not accept responsibility for anything.

Get well soon.