Confirms how stupid centre lane hoggers are

TC1474

It never ceases to amaze me at how stupid are! and its mind boggling that they manage to get a driving licence and its a huge worry that we have to share the roads with these dimwits

I have been known to give a little toot on the horn to people on the phone as I pass... Particularly if its affecting there driving (normally only time I notice) To let them know I am there of course, seems like its in the rules.

"Rule 112

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively.

You MUST NOT use your horn, while stationary on the road, when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am except when another road user poses a danger."

Lane hoggers I often creep up on the inside lane then gradually drive round using all 3 lanes, a fair quantity do follow into the inside lane... A fair number are also on the phone....

What a w**ker .... When I see this I pull up along side adjusting my speed so I stay level with them , if it is an old man or a women and their car is considerably slower than mine I give em the finger .

In my car days me and my friend may have seen how many laps (overtaking in Lane 3 dropping back on Lane 1 so they go past then back round in Lane 3) we could do with middle Lane hoggers. :roll:

I drive a lot for work and there's so many middle lane hoggers on the roads! It's unbelievable really, do they think it's a lorry lane or something?

I've had people flash me for undertaking when they're doing 60 in the middle lane.

They always used to annoy me, but ever since finding out that undertaking is not an offence, i just drive past them on either side.

I can sort of understand why many people do it. It's the lazy option for people who can't be bothered. Have to remember that most people are not driving enthusiasts, they just drive because they have to, so they don't take pride in their driving ability or bother to make it better or safer.

If you stay in the left lane as soon as you get to a junction or a slow moving lorry/caravan you'll have to bother to pull out and change lanes. Also many motorways have the left lane as the exit slip so again, if you don't want to exit the motorway you have to move over... so the simple, lazy option is to just stay in the middle lane, activate cruise control and make all those phone calls you needed to make....

Modern cars have blind spot detection systems - I bet with a bit of software these could be modified to notify the driver they are in the middle lane and remind them to pull over.

Had a third Lane hogger on my way home! Flashing didn't work but a small arm wave as I went past did the trick (it was foreign plates maybe they forgot we drive on the left :roll: )

Modern cars have blind spot detection systems - I bet with a bit of software these could be modified to notify the driver they are in the middle lane and remind them to pull over.

Like it. It could be made to shout "PULL OVER DICKFACE!".

I had one the other day who was tootling along in lane 2 of 2 at 55-60ish with nothing in lane one. I was in lane 1 at 70 so I went to undertake. I got about 10m from them when they suddenly swerved to lane 1. I popped out to lane 2 and overtook anyway. When I got level, they started beeping the horn and drifting out to lane 2, forcing me on to the rumble strip and when I got ahead they started flashing their lights. Some people are just dicks.

I think a lot of people drive along oblivious to other drivers or just don't really understand the rules

I had one the other day who was tootling along in lane 2 of 2 at 55-60ish with nothing in lane one. I was in lane 1 at 70 so I went to undertake. I got about 10m from them when they suddenly swerved to lane 1. I popped out to lane 2 and overtook anyway. When I got level, they started beeping the horn and drifting out to lane 2, forcing me on to the rumble strip and when I got ahead they started flashing their lights. Some people are just dicks.

Seen that this morning, poor chap. Caravanist which made it worse some how

I think a lot of people drive along oblivious to other drivers or just don't really understand the rules

Wow that's pretty f**king bad! :shock: Glad you got out of there ok..

Ah I see Rants card business is taking off

This did make me laugh out loud :mrgreen: