Election

MarkW

Election? there cant be an election....

30 June 2016, as she stood for the Tory leadership: ‘There should be no general election until 2020.

12 July 2016, to Tory party staffers: ‘Let us redouble our efforts. And let us make sure we put this time to good use, to build the support we need to go to the country in four years’ time.

3 September 2016, speaking to the BBC’s Andrew Marr: ‘I’m not going to be calling a snap election. I’ve been very clear that I think we need that period of time, that stability, to be able to deal with the issues that the country is facing and have that election in 2020.’

7 March 2017, responding to William Hague’s calls for an election, a No 10 source tells the BBC it is not something Prime Minister Theresa May ‘plans to do or wishes to do’.

20 March 2017, her official spokesman says: ‘There is no change in our position on an early general election, that there isn’t going to be one… It is not going to happen…

oooh.

18 April 2017, Prime Minister Theresa May has called for a snap general election on 8 June.

She said Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership following the EU referendum.

well - I - Never.

And there are people who trust a word the woman says?

Election? there cant be an election....

30 June 2016, as she stood for the Tory leadership: ‘There should be no general election until 2020.

12 July 2016, to Tory party staffers: ‘Let us redouble our efforts. And let us make sure we put this time to good use, to build the support we need to go to the country in four years’ time.

3 September 2016, speaking to the BBC’s Andrew Marr: ‘I’m not going to be calling a snap election. I’ve been very clear that I think we need that period of time, that stability, to be able to deal with the issues that the country is facing and have that election in 2020.’

7 March 2017, responding to William Hague’s calls for an election, a No 10 source tells the BBC it is not something Prime Minister Theresa May ‘plans to do or wishes to do’.

20 March 2017, her official spokesman says: ‘There is no change in our position on an early general election, that there isn’t going to be one… It is not going to happen…

oooh.

18 April 2017, Prime Minister Theresa May has called for a snap general election on 8 June.

She said Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership following the EU referendum.

well - I - Never.

Between March and April i think she realised she is far from "a bloody difficult woman" and more of a damp squib that is going to get utterly eaten alive by the EU.

Best to have a huge majority when the day comes that we leave the EU with absolutely nothing but a huge bill to pay and 2 more years of May in office to spin it into some sort of imperial victory for the UK.

Hope it backfires spectacularly.

It wont though. Worst case now is a low Tory majority, May resigns and that absolute charlatan, Boris Johnson, becoming PM.

That's still a backfire, she called an election to increase her majority so she could use the party whip to turn herself into a dictator.

Exit polls reckon she'll loose a lot of seats and maybe even a hung parliament. If that happens my bet is on David Davis, not Boris. He's just as pig headed as May.

Yep, I think she wants to be voted out.

So do I

hence why we are having this election!

No one asked for it and if she wanted to stay in this election would never have happened

That is certainly a conspiracy theory that has looked more and more plausible as the campaign has gone on.

I wouldn't be surprised if she went on that walking holiday in Wales with her husband and the topic of conversation from May who actually wants to stay in the EU, was "Brexit is going to be a total disaster and it'll be on my shoulders, how do I get out of it?"

Hung Parliament territory.

Goodbye Mrs May you haggard old witch

Oh! The like button is just not enough 😁

Edited by Anonymous

So do I

No one asked for it and if she wanted to stay in this election would never have happened

That is certainly a conspiracy theory that has looked more and more plausible as the campaign has gone on.

I wouldn't be surprised if she went on that walking holiday in Wales with her husband and the topic of conversation from May who actually wants to stay in the EU, was "Brexit is going to be a total disaster and it'll be on my shoulders, how do I get out of it?"

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly!

So do I

Hung parliament - she'll have to resign now..

Just what she wanted

Best start digging my own nuclear bunker because if Corby comes into power he's going to sell all our military hardware to buy pretty flowers to hand out to any opposing countries who want a fight...

Well Scotland political map has turned rather strange at least!

And just to prove every vote counts. 3 votes in it in North Fife.

Screenshot_20170609-080728.thumb.png.e344bd19fbf9e804ef0bc78cdd3241d2.png

On a different slant - I get a bit fed up with us following everything the Americans do. We do not have US presidential style elections in this country so why did every bit of election material focus on the party leaders? I am not voting for May/Corbyn or the rest of them. I am voting for our local MP.

Now as it happens our local MP is a very decent hardworking bloke who scraped in last time with a majority of literally less than 100. Today he's been re-elected with a majority of nearly 10,000. There was a 77% turnout which is better than usual.

So at a local level I think that's brilliant news. We've got a MP who works like a Trojan, listens to people, does was he says he will do, and doesn't play party politics. He just gets on with representing the people.

The overall result however will turn out to be a bit of being somewhere without a paddle.

Also - based on my alternative mode of transport I am all in favour of bringing back the '70s

http://i.imgur.com/YN4nR7b.jpg?1

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

So do I

Hung parliament - she'll have to resign now..

Just what she wanted

Shes playing it "strong and stable" this morning ;-) :lol:

And just to prove every vote counts. 3 votes in it in North Fife.

Wow that was close!

My current MP was re-elected (by a landslide) which is good as I like her. See her about a fair bit and seems to give a damn about people which is always nice. The lib dems got an even 10,000 votes which made the perfectionist in me happy for such a nice round number, but the sceptic was shouting SUSPICIOUS! SUSPICIOUS! :lol:

Lol I'm the same when round numbers appear as results on voting!

My local MP got reelected. We tend to bump into him in B&Q,Homebase and such at weekends for some weird reason... He's a bit headstrong and can come across as blinkered in some respects. But he does get things done, and is very much part of the city community.

Can't say I've ever seen any of the others that went for election around here. They don't even put their pictures on their flyers so no idea what they look like!

I woke.. I saw.. I laughed.

Hubris. The worse crop of politicians for a generation. self created (for no real reason) disasters and the result.

best news of the night.... Nick Clegg. Not before time... this series of rolling disasters owes a lot to him and his stupendously bad decision.

Another vote in the Autumn after the tories tear themselves apart over the summer. brexit falling apart.. kicked into the long grass and..... interesting times.

ell-oh-ell. :D

I'm going to the bookies to put money on us going through this all over again before the end of the year.

With Farage once again at UKIP's helm too.

Good, they need him to make a difference.