Helmet advice

Hi guys,

Looking for suggestions on helmets and head shapes.

Currently using a Shark Evo 2 which I've had for too long. Unfortunately, it made contact with road last week which gives me a very good excuse to replace it.

Called in Ghost Bikes in Preston today and tried on pretty much every make of helmet they had - ideally I want a face up but I also tried full face. The only one that fit me correctly was a Shoei Neotec 2. Now, if that is the only option, I will fork out the £££ for that, but I was hoping that someone here might have some idea of other helmet with a similar fit/shape on a tighter budget.

I know that the Shoei is a good helmet, and you do get what you pay for, but other options would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Si

Did you try different sizes?

Forehead pressure suggests you need the larger size.

I think HJC do two shell sizes with different padding thicknesses.

What helmet size are you in the Shoei?

I think you should just keep on visiting shops till you find one you are comfortable with.

I have to admit to wasting money on helmets which after a week or so I had to admit to myself did not properly fit me. Thankfully they were all a bit neat and my son has been able to grow into them.

Sorry for lack of replies - notifications were being junked.

It was the XL I tried in the HJC. I tried a bigger one in one of the full face ones, but that was too big, so just the shape I assume.

In the end, I went back to what I knew and bought a Shark Evoline 3. Looks like it's just that and the Shoei that are suitable for me now.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Si