What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Actually rode it. Wasn't expecting it to fire up readily as it's been sat a long time but no problems at all.quite enjoyed mooching around and skipping past all the roadworks traffic in diss.

Did a bit more on the RGV wheels. Despite masking off the disc mounting faces and bearing bores, they missed the sides of the spigot where the dIscs slide over, spent an hour scraping and polishing it clean. Once this was done refitted the discs and fitted the new bearings.

Just trying to line up somewhere to fit the tyres on Monday.

Fitted new pads to the front of the Kwak, if it saw the slightest bit of rain they would stick to the disc overnight and drag the following morning. Not sure what brand were fitted when I bought it,  now fitted EBC.

20230415_162932.JPEG

Edited by Bianco2564
  • Like 4

Serviced the CBF.

Sprayed my Richa waterproofs as they let water in last week.  They're not that old really so not terribly impressed.  My Berghaus hiking kit which I'd lent to my wife stayed bone dry. 

Launched a fresh attack on the mice in the garage roof space. They're driving me mad. 

• Like 2

Got the tyres fitted today. Went to a local car tyre place that also does bikes, asked how much ,£50 for the pair....  err thanks, bye.

Left there and went to a little Indy bike shop on the outskirts of town, never used them before and he did it for £20.

20230417_154139.JPEG

• Like 5

Just looked at the bike today. Gutted I had an early finish from work but woke up in the night with sciatic pain, the sun is also shining. I was looking forward to a bimble out but took it easy in the garden. May have a glass of red wine too and do bugger all!

IMG-20230418-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 3

Rode it … I fancied a butty at Sedbury cafe which is a little place near Scotch Corner. So a blast up the motorway which wasn’t that exciting. But I returned home on roads new to me through Richmond then Bedale on to Masham. Well I knew the roads from there. But you get my drift. Enjoyable afternoon 

Edited by Davidtav

3 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Just looked at the bike today. Gutted I had an early finish from work but woke up in the night with sciatic pain, the sun is also shining. I was looking forward to a bimble out but took it easy in the garden. May have a glass of red wine too and do bugger all!

IMG-20230418-WA0001.jpeg

call in at the sock shop on the way out

• Haha 2

On 17/04/2023 at 17:10, Bianco2564 said:

Got the tyres fitted today. Went to a local car tyre place that also does bikes, asked how much ,£50 for the pair....  err thanks, bye.

Left there and went to a little Indy bike shop on the outskirts of town, never used them before and he did it for £20.

20230417_154139.JPEG

Did you not consider fitting them yourself ?  I got fed up depending on other people to do it for me. Shelled out for a decent pair of levers, rim protectors and a wheel balancer.  Not quite broke even yet but have the satisfaction of knowing that when new tyres are delivered I can have them fitted and balanced within a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Felt there was something wrong with my suspension, didn't feel right at all. Took it to MH Racing near Chippenham and he reckoned it had been set to the softest setting. Now I haven't touched it since the bike was new so quite how that happened I have no idea. Anyway he set it up and it feels completely different in a good way. Just need to get the new Michelin 6's fitted next week and it'll be right. My bank account less so. 😞

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Did you not consider fitting them yourself ?  I got fed up depending on other people to do it for me. Shelled out for a decent pair of levers, rim protectors and a wheel balancer.  Not quite broke even yet but have the satisfaction of knowing that when new tyres are delivered I can have them fitted and balanced within a couple of hours.

Yes I have got the kit to swap tyres and I have a guy at work that can do it too.

However on this occasion, my man at work is away for three weeks and I didn't want to risk damaging the rims I've just spent £120 on.

Fitted a new tyre to the Kwak the other week, need to get a bead breaker though, that was the hardest bit.

• Like 1

On the subject of tyres, of which shall soon be needing a set, those of you who change your own....how do you dispose of the old ones? 

I'd like to do my own but there are several local guys who do it for very little cost so it's not about the cost. 

The bit that puts me off is the hassle of getting rid of the old tyres. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

On the subject of tyres, of which shall soon be needing a set, those of you who change your own....how do you dispose of the old ones? 

I'd like to do my own but there are several local guys who do it for very little cost so it's not about the cost. 

My tyre fitter charges a small fee for the disposal of the old ones. I believe a lot of local waste sites won't accept old tyres and apparently even bicycle tyres are becoming problematic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

After a brief but fruitless dalliance with the reciprocating saw with half an eye on the wheelie bin I discovered it was much easier to take them to the local tip, where they have a purpose-built receptacle.

7 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

After a brief but fruitless dalliance with the reciprocating saw with half an eye on the wheelie bin I discovered it was much easier to take them to the local tip, where they have a purpose-built receptacle.

Our local tip (aka recycling centre) is staffed by ex-Gestapo rejects and they won't take any form of tyre.

• Like 4

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Our local tip (aka recycling centre) is staffed by ex-Gestapo rejects and they won't take any form of tyre.

Stick it in a bin bag and call it general waste.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Stick it in a bin bag and call it general waste.

Then dump it in your local McDonalds waste bin, they wouldn't even know the difference :thumb:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Local waste recycling place takes them here 

• Like 1