What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Dragged myself out to the shed this morning.. VFR carbs subsequently removed and stripped.

VFR carb bank waiting for stripping.  Note the different length ram stacks between front and rear banks.  I will need to double check that they go back in the right place.

53534794134_33939f44fa_h.jpg

First carb stripped and getting "the treatment".  The carbs were actually quite clean inside, although I could not check the starter jets.  They cannot be removed. They did feel quite restricted when blowing down them though.  It may well be just bad fuel that has flooded the cylinders, or those starter jets getting clogged.

Last time I was in this pickle the bike started faultlessly after a carb strip and clean and I did not have the ultrasound machine then.  If the starter circuit is clogged, the ultrasound will clean it out.

53534899400_31d0b249ef_h.jpg

First carb stripped, cleaned and rebuilt.  I am not relying on pump fuel next winter.  I will either dump a little Alkylate fuel in the system, drain and remove the tank and take it into the house to protect the inside from rusting.  Then run the motor till the carbs run dry.  I am not generally a fan of dry fuel systems during storage though.

53534477246_ccfbbb2d48_h.jpg

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 5

Carbs squeaky clean, reassembled and bench synchronised. 

What a swine getting them back together was.  You do not want to be finding you accidentally deleted the pre stripdown pics.  Dozens of tiny o rings, clips, screws,  washers and pipes involved.

53536781914_c5a5814925_h.jpg

• Like 5

emptied fuel that was many months old with added stabiliser 🫡 from wifeys bike (its just about ok to start and will run but not fit with 8hp) which i put that in the car...it wont mind too much 🫣🤭.

Had a quick loop to get some milk but it ended up being a longer one as they closed off the end loop with no warning so i had to go back the way i came, being the long way! luckily i wasnt pressed for time.

unfortunately came along two cretins... one that decided not to look and creep along crossing a fast cinked road just as im closing in.

second a proper muppet in a shite colour bronze colour merc a class (KRE)who thought was spicy (racing a bike? not today bellend) but totally reckless pillock! pretty much ramming a car off the road was he decided to over take that was already close to the cars infront just before a tight 90*right with cars coming the other way... crossing and cutting sides just to get round the corner.

• Sad 1

On 12/02/2024 at 11:17, Joe85 said:

My lad passed his CBT last week, and naturally, we took advantage of a break in the rain to go for a ride around the Kent countryside to get his confidence up ahead of him going it alone (he’s 17). 

As we made our way back along a national speed limit single lane carriageway, some utter w**ker in a Focus decided he couldn’t abide a learner going 5-10mph under the speed limit on a 125 with L plates, so sat right up his arse trying to intimidate him.

I slowed to to allow the boy to close up, and let this gimp pass, and,  as he did, I let him know what i thought of his driving by waving with the back of my hand. Taking offence, he decided to break check me, then try and swerve into me as I dodged around his drivers side (narrowly missing him). I was absolutely raging at this point (still am), so I told the lad to pull up in the lay-by and wait whilst I deal with this twat. Followed him for literally about 3 mins until the helmet pulls up outside his house and refuses to leave his car. Finally gets out and doesn’t have the sack to admit what he’d tried, denying it and blaming my lad ‘for going too slow’’.

As it turns out the lad followed me, so I left it at that and we rode off. However I just cannot let it slide at the moment. The driving was a disgrace, and cannot go unpunished. It was that bad that, had I filmed it, I’d have submitted it to the old bill. 

Fuming.

We had a young girl run up our arse as we stopped at a junction, luckily no damage to us or bike. She attempted to do a runner after forcing her way passed us and a couple of cars. We "chased" her for about 3 miles before we caught up to her in heavy traffic near a police check point, missus jumped off and went to inform police at check point who to their credit acted immediately and puller her over. She tried to deny hitting us but when we presented the video footage from the rear facing camera. On seeing this the officers pulled her from the car, placed her in cuffs and had her taken off to the local station. We were told to take a copy of video to traffic police asap who were dealing with her. 

Unluckily for her the video damned her as she was not only on her phone but also doing her hair whilst driving, didn't go down well with traffic officer, who by luck was actually a bike cop and was well pissed with her attitude and disregard for other road users.

Her car was confiscated and turned into coke cans and she received a driving ban and a 3 month  jail sentence suspended for 18 months along with a large fine. All within 14 days of incident, not bad for a so called 3rd world country.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, John Metcalfe said:

We had a young girl run up our arse as we stopped at a junction, luckily no damage to us or bike. She attempted to do a runner after forcing her way passed us and a couple of cars. We "chased" her for about 3 miles before we caught up to her in heavy traffic near a police check point, missus jumped off and went to inform police at check point who to their credit acted immediately and puller her over. She tried to deny hitting us but when we presented the video footage from the rear facing camera. On seeing this the officers pulled her from the car, placed her in cuffs and had her taken off to the local station. We were told to take a copy of video to traffic police asap who were dealing with her. 

Unluckily for her the video damned her as she was not only on her phone but also doing her hair whilst driving, didn't go down well with traffic officer, who by luck was actually a bike cop and was well pissed with her attitude and disregard for other road users.

Her car was confiscated and turned into coke cans and she received a driving ban and a 3 month  jail sentence suspended for 18 months along with a large fine. All within 14 days of incident, not bad for a so called 3rd world country.

That's great to hear.

Glad no one was hurt though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Metcalfe said:

That’s a superb outcome. Great work.

i haven’t decided if im prepared to let it go yet, or not.

2 hours ago, Joe85 said:

That’s a superb outcome. Great work.

i haven’t decided if im prepared to let it go yet, or not.

I'd follow it through as far as possible, even if only for the benefit of your son and to show the w****r in the car that he isn't untouchable and above the law. Only problem I can see is the UK plod being about as much use as a chocolate teapot not having any interest in doing any proper police work.

One benefit of living here in Tunisia is that the police deal with it almost straight away working on the principle arrest first then investigate when they're locked away. The police here have the power to lock someone up for 90 days without actually going to court and they do it, working on the principle of behave like a dickhead get treat like a dickhead, needless to say there is very little repeat or petty crime here, plus all police officers carry firearms and will use them without hesitation if the need arises

4 hours ago, veracocha said:

Tried fitting a lowering link to my Tracer 7GT only to find after all the hard work that the link I was sent is for an MT07 and will not fit. Two hours I won't get back. 

At least It'll only take an hour or so when you get the correct link. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 14:19, John Metcalfe said:

In the Untied Kingdom it would probably be yourselves that were prosecuted for harassing an innocent female.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2