What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Gave it a much needed wash, and the water in the bucket at the end was certainly on the dirtier side of things. Also trying the MucOff Dry Lube on the chain. 

• Like 2

Pulled the bike out of hibernation, fitted a brand new battery, sparked it up and it starts first push of the button. Smiles.

A bit like me, it took a short while to clear its throat after a long sleep and then it backfired which made my neighbour jump who was chatting to me. 

Got a big order sat in the hallway from Motorworks. Oil, fluids, spark plugs, new front brake discs, helibars and various seals and bolts. 

Time to get the spanners out 😀

Edited by rob m
  • Like 5

Went from fife to Irvine to view a property.

End up coming back home without seeing it because the idiot seller decided to not show up 😡😡😡😡

Would have been a nice ride wasn't the 5c and wind 🥶

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, husoi said:

Went from fife to Irvine to view a property.

End up coming back home without seeing it because the idiot seller decided to not show up 😡😡😡😡

Would have been a nice ride wasn't the 5c and wind 🥶

Now that would really boil my piss. Its not like you've just nipped round the corner for this. What a twat.

• Thanks 1

I had a Zoom meeting booked this morning for work, except they messed up regarding the date so when we all logged in nothing happened. 

Leaving me unsupervised used in front of a computer is expensive.  I've ordered a springer seat from COC Customs in Australia and a set of Tec front springs and adjusters, both for the Bobber. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

What a day for a ride. Sunshine, 17deg.

Perfect.

Dang, just had to spend 2 1/2 hours driving my pick-up, all the while bikes are everywhere 😐

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Perfect.

Envy, envy. Can beat you hands down on the weather but not a bike to be seen.😪

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Perfect.

6C and hosing it down here in Glasgow. 

• Sad 1

I seem to remember that the exhaust cans have to have a BS stamp to prove they are road legal, and pass MOT, I also seem to remeber being told you can buy them on flee bay,  Not that I ever did or would 😊

I do remeber it sounded like a rocket taking off when  you hit 6000 rpm, and the go faster valve opened up.

Thems waz the happy days !!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

So, @Joe85 did you have a good blap about?

I did indeed mate. This bike is insane, it really is.

Certainly too much for me to really make any use of. It does wheelie for days, though. Effortlessly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

down? shouldnt that be up in?

Hosing it down as in pissing down I think. Even in Scotland it doesn't usually rain up. Horizontal perhaps but not up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fitted some heated grips and went for a bit of a run to blow out the cobwebs ( me and the bike) earlier in the week; all booked in for a service next week, ahead of a new job/commute.   Mmmmm toasty hands - why haven’t I done this before!?!?!

• Like 5

Managed to accurately set float heights on my Yamaha TDM 850. 

Second picture shows the discrepancy which was giving a lumpy idle and a slight hesitancy under 2500 rpm.

If you do get one of these float height gauges from Amazon don't expect them to be precision tools.  I had to use a bit of ingenuity to remove the free play.

DSC01246.JPG

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01243.JPG

• Like 2

cleaned the wifes cbf125, well i have used it the most for certain reasons and out of choice. most likely sell it, that or pay through the nose -and more for a three wheeler as a leisure toy...

• Like 1

Doh, just ordered a new exhaust for the sv650. 

I'd been looking around for a while and settled on a GRmoto one. I thought about a second hand one but they're like rocking horse doo doo for an 04 model. 

They're reasonably priced and look half decent, much better than stock for my 04 with it's 90s style massive bean tin.

Just had a browse on eBay and they've got 20% off everything in thier shop so it was a done deal 😂

Edited by Phil1
  • Like 2

Got a cheeky 5 day trip down to Strasbourg in April, so have ordered this for the bike:

image.thumb.jpeg.c9ada500a52d9a1460a2e21d63e8a8db.jpeg

Quite a tidy little rack, and saves ruining the rear panels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Got a cheeky 5 day trip down to Strasbourg in April, so have ordered this for the bike:

image.thumb.jpeg.c9ada500a52d9a1460a2e21d63e8a8db.jpeg

Quite a tidy little rack, and saves ruining the rear panels.

What do you plan on putting on there, a nice 30 litre roll? 

1 hour ago, Simon Davey said:

What do you plan on putting on there, a nice 30 litre roll? 

Yeh by overlander 30ltr bag.

Last time i did this trip on the S100R, the bag swung under the bike and ended up getting wedged in the back wheel :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Joe85 said:

Yeh by overlander 30ltr bag.

Last time i did this trip on the S100R, the bag swung under the bike and ended up getting wedged in the back wheel :D

Jeeez, nothing worse than a wedgy whilst riding.

• Haha 1

I broke my rule and bought a cheap open face helmet off of t'internet without trying it on first. Thought it would do for holidays, not wanting to entrust my Nolan to Ryanair's baggy handlers.

Utter junk. Uncomfortable. Horrible inside and out. Sending it back.

That'll learn me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2