What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Here's some Friday entertainment for you all. Don't think I got around to posting this at the time. Having just crossed back over into the UK following a 4-day trip to France back in Dec 2022, out of nowhere the weather decided to dump a tonne of snow on the A2. I had to ride 50 miles in that shit, the hardest ride of my life. Enjoy my utterly woeful attempts to navigate the snow (thank funk for crash bars).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Here's some Friday entertainment for you all. Don't think I got around to posting this at the time. Having just crossed back over into the UK following a 4-day trip to France back in Dec 2022, out of nowhere the weather decided to dump a tonne of snow on the A2. I had to ride 50 miles in that shit, the hardest ride of my life. Enjoy my utterly woeful attempts to navigate the snow (thank funk for crash bars).

I think you've just triggered my PTSD 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went out for a first proper ride on my brand new Suzuki VStrom 650. Which I actually collected yesterday. … I know it seems like the wrong time of the year to buy a bike. But the dealer was keen to sell. The price was right. All seems good. I liked my Kawasaki Z650 a lot, but I have been thinking for a while that I could do with a bike two inches taller. And more comfortable for a pillion. And the new VStrom seems to fit the bill so far. 

IMG_1949.jpeg

• Like 7

Test ride the 1300 GS today. What a preposterously awesome bike. Wheelies for days, fast, light and nimble and still comfortable. 

Ended up buying a Trophy edition. Pick it up Saturday. Oh dear.

🫣

00ECC84A-DE5F-41CE-96BE-9B71B929682B.jpeg

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 6

Today I will be trying (again) to remove this broken bolt off Zippy.

ADCD6ADD-3787-420F-9B94-CF84373B6546.thumb.jpeg.e20d6a7d8d4adf6463684157fe894367.jpeg
The head snapped off as I was removing the clutch cover, used penetrating fluid, heat & the 2 nuts method, but it didn’t budge & the thread stripped,

Other methods will be attempted today 🤞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joe85 said:

Today I learned that you can only use your no claims bonus on one policy at a time.

Con artists.

Yep. And if you have two bikes on one policy you only build up one NCB. So if you later decide to separate them you start from scratch on one of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I took the bike in for service and MoT and got this little item as a loaner to get me home. 

My first ride since our tour due to the bike being overdue it’s service and MoT, I’d forgotten how much I enjoy being on a bike. 

IMG_5904.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Today I learned that you can only use your no claims bonus on one policy at a time.

Con artists.

Which is why, on every renewal or new policy, I read the documentation which, I suspect you didn’t.

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Which is why, on every renewal or new policy, I read the documentation which, I suspect you didn’t.

And I’m sure your parents are especially proud of you for doing so. Congratulations.

Why you think this relates to my post, I have no idea.

• Confused 1

On 17/11/2023 at 18:12, Joe85 said:

You do what I do when it gets really hard going, lots of talking to yourself, phwars and mumbling! You hope the inevitable will not come, but the front tyre is going to give up on snow like that. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe85 said:

And I’m sure your parents are especially proud of you for doing so. Congratulations.

Why you think this relates to my post, I have no idea.

50% of my parents are dead but I’m sure 100% would be.

In the mean while, reading the documentation at renewal means there are no surprises. It’s long been insurance practice to have separate no claims for each vehicle /  policy. It’s not a con, it’s not even slightly shady business practice… it’s a contract that we, as policyholders, sign up to. Some with their eyes open, some with a jaundiced perspective. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mickly said:

Today I will be trying (again) to remove this broken bolt off Zippy.

ADCD6ADD-3787-420F-9B94-CF84373B6546.thumb.jpeg.e20d6a7d8d4adf6463684157fe894367.jpeg
The head snapped off as I was removing the clutch cover, used penetrating fluid, heat & the 2 nuts method, but it didn’t budge & the thread stripped,

Other methods will be attempted today 🤞

You need these.

IMG_3039.jpeg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

50% of my parents are dead but I’m sure 100% would be.

In the mean while, reading the documentation at renewal means there are no surprises. It’s long been insurance practice to have separate no claims for each vehicle /  policy. It’s not a con, it’s not even slightly shady business practice… it’s a contract that we, as policyholders, sign up to. Some with their eyes open, some with a jaundiced perspective. 

Nonsense. 

I’m legally obliged to take out motor insurance to drive my vehicle on the road - that makes it a racket, legalised extortion. “No claim's” isn’t some finite resource that needs to spread sparingly throughout the country. It is literally an imaginary discount applied because you can demonstrate that you have not claimed insurance on your policy in that period.

There is literally nothing preventing me using it across multiple policies other than pure greed and profiteering from insurers.

Similarly, car no claims cannot be used on a bike policy, yet car claims must be disclosed. Rancid practices.

It’s a con. Still, well done you.

Edited by Joe85
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Test ride the 1300 GS today. What a preposterously awesome bike. Wheelies for days, fast, light and nimble and still comfortable. 

🫣

Oh FFS. We're nearly in December, don't be having any silly ideas of a winter tour. 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Nonsense. 

I’m legally obliged to take out motor insurance to drive my vehicle on the road - that makes it a racket, legalised extortion. “No claim's” isn’t some finite resource that needs to spread sparingly throughout the country. It is literally an imaginary discount applied because you can demonstrate that you have not claimed insurance on your policy in that period.

There is literally nothing preventing me using it across multiple policies other than pure greed and profiteering from insurers.

Similarly, car no claims cannot be used on a bike policy, yet car claims must be disclosed. Rancid practices.

It’s a con. Still, well done you.

Whatever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Whatever.

It’s true, though. If all was fair, then any points you have, or claims on your policy would only be applied to one bike also.

Anyway, in light of this attempt at legalised theft, I’ve decided I’d rather just trade the S1000R (again). 

In your honour I’ll be sure to read the small print, just to make sure they’re not ethically sneaking in some other outrageous money making clause.

🥰

3 hours ago, Pie man said:

Oh FFS. We're nearly in December, don't be having any silly ideas of a winter tour. 😂

It was on my mind, haha. I need to go to Frankfurt next week for work, but you’re right - I can’t be doing that again. 🤣

• Like 2

On 22/11/2023 at 22:33, Joe85 said:

🫣

Light?

Sorry but no. 😂