What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Just leave it on.
its easy for the battery as it wont be starting a bike (from fresh charge-some discharged state) then running the bike while trying to skim the excess current to recharge the battery from losses it had to do which also depends on speeds/revs/ and the condition of the wired also charging system as a whole.

A good charger wil exercise it and keep it healthy where as most trickles and solar's dont.

22 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Took it for a ride to pick up the lad. Snapped a cheeky pic.

UZiWyZi.jpg

Also removed the nav cradle and installed the quadlock, which was a bit of a faff.

qPxbRht.jpg

Such a good looking bike!

• Like 1

Chalked up another 110 miles on the Guzzi.  Roads were good and dry although a tad windy crossing the Severn on the QE bridge. Really nice bike to drive and only 600 more miles to do before I can really wind it up. Washed it when I got home. So nice not to have a chain anymore.

• Like 5

20231222_114122.thumb.jpg.72247d3609eaa40858e932117f1ffd45.jpgwhat did I do to my bike today?  

Nothing.  Hardly gave it a thought lol.

Although a bike out here in the Caribbean would be quite fun.

Back after Xmas and hopefully we will have a couple of nice days. 

Cheers 

Ian 

• Like 6

Wandered out to the shed.  Uncovered the VFR and fired it up.  Because the weather was quite mild for winter, she started up pretty easily without the usual cold weather histrionics.

Warmed her for 20 mins or so,  till the cases got hot and the fan kicked in.  Nice n warm under the bodywork. Covered her back up and I will see her again around begining of Feb.

• Sad 1

I needed a ride out today after yesterdays massive Christmas dinner, not much traffic about so free to hoon around some twisties in Leicesterhire. The old Fazer and me today, have now clocked just over 185,000 miles together from new. A bit cold but the Fazer loves winter rides.

• Like 4

Late ride today, evening ride round local Christmas lights, as promised for daughter.

Daughter loved her new lid and boots.

She's still on her 50cc so I was on the CBR, not certain the Trophy would go that slow.

• Like 4

Put some fresh petrol with stabiliser (top up fuel) in the bike, E5 as what was still in from the last ride in nov from a refuel of oct had started to die off as it had taken many attempts to try start the bike.

so peeps 2 months my advice is the reliable date of even good fuel to work is without an additive's....

My manufacturer's guide says quite clearly that using fuel additives will invalidate the warranty.  New engine designed for E10 so I'm quite willing to follow their advice. Last bike I us3d to leave it fuelled up usually with E5 for up to 5 months and never had a problem starting it when I came home.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

My manufacturer's guide says quite clearly that using fuel additives will invalidate the warranty.  New engine designed for E10 so I'm quite willing to follow their advice. Last bike I us3d to leave it fuelled up usually with E5 for up to 5 months and never had a problem starting it when I came home.

Absolute difference between a bike on carbs and a fuel injected bike.  It is like comparing apples to oranges in the winter layup.  Neglect your due dillegence on a carbed bike with modern fuel and you are in a world of pain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Absolute difference between a bike on carbs and a fuel injected bike.  It is like comparing apples to oranges in the winter layup.  Neglect your due dillegence on a carbed bike with modern fuel and you are in a world of pain.

Why I don't  have a bike with carbs. Also I don't do winter layup unless it coincides with me going back to sea.

• Like 1

This is what will I do to my bike tomorrow and the answer is...

https://allyearbiker.co.uk/treatment/

Paid for as a Christmas present. That means, for the first time in a few years, mainly due to the pandemic, there will be a winter bike tour.

Edited by Throttled
  • Like 2