What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Dropped it! Thought I had the side stand down while moving it and just let go…

🫠

Minor damage to one of the pegs. 

• Sad 11

13 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Dropped it! Thought I had the side stand down while moving it and just let go…

🫠

Minor damage to one of the pegs. 

Bruh! Shit. Almost happened to me the other month actually 

• Like 1

Took the bike for MOT 

Passed with flying colours as usual :D 

6700 miles between MOT's! not too shabby I suppose :lol: 

• Like 5

On 10/06/2024 at 22:21, Simon Davey said:

Removed the heated grips that I don't use, and replaced them with Pro Grips. 

Looks better with less clutter. 

U dont ride in winter? :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peepae said:

U dont ride in winter? :D 

Well, I bought the bike in December, and did ride occasionally when it was dry, but my gloves were sufficient. 

This coming winter, I'm sure it'll spend more time inside than out. 

• Like 1

Well I feel slightly bad for Tinkicker because I have decided to get the VFR out of the very back of beyond. It was looking sorry for itself, well what you could see of it under all the strewn debris. Just needed to source a battery from something, it's own having gone with the DR I sold last year. Choke on, starter button on... and rest... and on... and rest...

"[half a zumph zumph]"

Rest...

"[zumph zumph... vrweeeeeeeeeee]"

Ahh lovely. I haven't used it for at least a year. Can't have used it since sometime before I sold the DR650 because it hasn't even had a battery, so maybe two years because I sold that in Feb 23 and I won't have used the Viffer in the winter of 22. Anyway it seems I was bit luckier than you Tinkicker. This bike has the same carbs as yours too:D. Just to gloat. Ner ner.

I've fitted the new Wez brake lines I've had sat on the shelf for a while, just as well because the rear one had a right kink in it. It was steel braided too. Dunno how that happened.

I even fixed the get-me-going-again-wiring-fix which I'd made at the bottom of some French mountain. Amazon gets some well placed hate, but you can't knock their logistics - it was the only apparent way to get the required butt connectors next day. Nice non-insulated ones too, not those horrid bright plasticcy things that the very sight of fills me with dread.

New Yuasa battery from Tayna too, a little treat which also arrived next day which saved me faffing with the undersized battery I'd been playing with.

And MOT this morning, flying colours.

VFRMOT.thumb.jpg.f0c0cbd7cb41b93ffdc212603cd980bf.jpg

Do I stick it on ebay or take it to Germany in September?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Looks great mate.

But you can't leave the KTM back home, just so you can spend days repairing stuff by the side of a road. So my vote is for ebay :-) 

• Haha 2

It would be nice to give it a final big ride? 🙂.

could be the same experience coz you never know? visit to a garage for fork seals, clutch, head gasket 🫢.

Im no Honda fan boi nor particularly say a KTM is better but ohhh...just wait and see what fleck and other followers has to say about dissin the winged H and over the orange Ktoom 🫣.

Im just toying!👍🏽 sure the journey will be interesting either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eeeee yes interesting journeys I do enjoy. My eyes have always been wide open with the orange stuff though, so a little 3 month wait at the roadside for some back ordered part is built in to my adventures. It's a very fun bike though, but a shame they don't just buy in their engines from Rotax :D. They (my eyes) have popped out ever so slightly more just lately having seen the extent of valve train failures on them. I did just check mine though and there is no wear, so got to be safe for another half a tank full at least.

And just like that the postman has delivered me a new starter solenoid to wrap up the recommissioning of the big Vif.

This was the original, modified, to the horror of a passing Frenchman, by me:

MeltedSolly.thumb.jpg.b31742a674c2616bf84b27eddcc3d7dc.jpg

Dirty Garage Man has recently done a video on fuse rot, I think that is what this thing was suffering from. Could have been a 30 year old fuse for all we know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Put new  front brake pads in - but didn't have a C clamp and pushed the pistons back as good as I could :D was a fight getting the actual new  pads in... little pin to hold it in place, is it on the err... side too.

Ordered a C clamp and will do it again then

Did a loop from home, near Peebles, near Moffat, up to Lanark where I got soaking wet, up to Airdrie, Cumbernauld, M80 to Dunfermline then home. IMG-20240615-WA0012.thumb.jpg.970d61b268f7a3a44a7d93c36728a3a3.jpgIMG-20240615-WA0014.thumb.jpg.f5009a5a1a9c88ff25b64d73e519056e.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, peepae said:

Put new  front brake pads in - but didn't have a C clamp and pushed the pistons back as good as I could :D was a fight getting the actual new  pads in... little pin to hold it in place, is it on the err... side too.

Ordered a C clamp and will do it again then

Mastic gun works just as well 😀

Rode down the A46 which was virtually empty so good fun. Then into Bristol to snoop around SBS but bought nothing except some cleaning stuff. Came home up the motorway to beat the rain but it never arrived.

• Like 1