What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

2 hours ago, Throttled said:

I am surprised it is under 2k. That distance included trips to the Isle of Lewis, Isle of Man, Dingwall, numerous challenge tags and use most weeks of the year.

Yeah I was shocked at your low mileage to be honest! You usually get about a fair bit 

Ditto the mileage thing, I'd be looking at my speedo and scratching my chin. In a way it's good for keeping your mileage low as a positive spin but then worrying if it's not working quite right. 🤔

Oil changes for both bikes.

The Bobber takes 3.4 litres with the oil level bang in the middle of the sight glass.

The CBF says it takes 3.1 litres but if you put that much in the oil level is only just touching the bottom of the dipstick. 3.3 litres takes it halfway up the dipstick. I've never figured that one out. 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oil changes for both bikes.

The Bobber takes 3.4 litres with the oil level bang in the middle of the sight glass.

The CBF says it takes 3.1 litres but if you put that much in the oil level is only just touching the bottom of the dipstick. 3.3 litres takes it halfway up the dipstick. I've never figured that one out. 

Is 3.3 litres if no oil filter changed. My bike gives 2 oil values. Oil change only and oil and filter change.

Posted (edited)

also the lower engines inside are tapered and not square (every engine is different btw) so fills it up little (at this point not as much internals filling the space) but hiher up is squarer and wider but space is filled up more with parts so little oil now will fill the window space very easily.

Edited by RideWithStyles

2 hours ago, JRH said:

Is 3.3 litres if no oil filter changed. My bike gives 2 oil values. Oil change only and oil and filter change.

The book (and every online source I can find) says 2.9 for oil only, and 3.1 for oil and filter. I always change both. 

I prefilled the filter and still added 3.1 litres, and that was just showing at the very bottom of the dipstick.

• Like 1

Not with or on but - I bought the tyres which were replaced - I put S rated metzeler tourance fron tyre on there. (v rear one)

I see they also sold H rated ones but they were out of stock - other than the difference in speed (112 vs 130 or so) what is the difference between these tyres... and I am likely to have a front tyre blowout at above 113 MPH :D 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Stu said:

Yeah I was shocked at your low mileage to be honest! You usually get about a fair bit 

Lewis was about 700 miles, the IOM was about 550 miles and Dingwall also about 550 miles, total 1800, so the MOT cannot be right as it was less than that. Need to do some checking.

Edit - I used "mileage history figures" but the mileage for the 2023 MOT was 8,411 and a few days ago for the 2024 MOT it was 11,524, so 3,113 miles over the past year. The 1,708 was the mileage 2022-23, and it was 1,183 for 2021-22, when there was no touring at all and the pandemic was restricting use.

Edited by Throttled
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, peepae said:

Not with or on but - I bought the tyres which were replaced - I put S rated metzeler tourance fron tyre on there. (v rear one)

I see they also sold H rated ones but they were out of stock - other than the difference in speed (112 vs 130 or so) what is the difference between these tyres... and I am likely to have a front tyre blowout at above 113 MPH :D 

In the most extreme case it may fail at speed in excess of its rating, but more importantly it may invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident/ claim. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, peepae said:

it s not just blow outs but delaminating, degrade, unstableness etc.

theoretically and splitting hairs yes..as unpopular and people will whine about , your putting more pressure on a tyre that wasn't designed to do that speed but as usual depending what that bracket of reference the manufacturer is basing it on to come up with that spec? what Was the bike, load and weight distribution, tyre pressures, temperature, corners speeds yada yada yada, then plus abit more for varying conditions. unless your doing a wanna go to long prison risk session, track day, autobann it's unlikely.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 12:00, S-Westerly said:

Found the dreaded V100 coolant leak so took it in to local dealer who has promised to get it sorted by tomorrow evening. Need it for Saturday so here's hoping. Guzzi forums are full of this issue so not a surprise but as I'd made it to 3000 miles I thought I'd dodged the bullet. Hey ho.....

Well a mixed bag of a day. No problem with the cooling system so a win there. Couldn't get it ready until lunchtime today so instead of leaving at 0900 and having an interesting ride north it will be 0400 tomorrow and a thrash up the motorway. Loss here.

Next loss is there is a problem but according to Guzzi rep its a minor issue and bike will be good for the summer. However to fix the issue is a major dismantle of the engine so a big job (warranty). Frasers, who have been very good, have proposed I drop the bike in to them prior to my going back to sea and they'll then sort it out while I am away. Sounds a reasonable plan to me. Not entirely sure what the issue is other than it involves an oil mist (?). Oil levels are fine. As its under warranty if the whole thing blows up it's covered anyway so I'll enjoy - with caution.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Well a mixed bag of a day. No problem with the cooling system so a win there. Couldn't get it ready until lunchtime today so instead of leaving at 0900 and having an interesting ride north it will be 0400 tomorrow and a thrash up the motorway. Loss here.

Next loss is there is a problem but according to Guzzi rep its a minor issue and bike will be good for the summer. However to fix the issue is a major dismantle of the engine so a big job (warranty). Frasers, who have been very good, have proposed I drop the bike in to them prior to my going back to sea and they'll then sort it out while I am away. Sounds a reasonable plan to me. Not entirely sure what the issue is other than it involves an oil mist (?). Oil levels are fine. As its under warranty if the whole thing blows up it's covered anyway so I'll enjoy - with caution.

It takes the shine off the new bike - glad to hear the dealers are taking it seriously. 

What did I do? 

traded it in 🤣 pick up the new one next week! @JRH I'll call you tomorrow when we're back from Sandringham Pageant of Motoring (oooh fancy!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

What did I do? 

traded it in 🤣 pick up the new one next week! 

Clickbait. And I've fallen for it...

What you are getting @Hoggs?

I meant to say, what Kwak are you getting? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bonio said:

Clickbait. And I've fallen for it...

What you are getting @Hoggs?

I meant to say, what Kwak are you getting? 

it's not a Kwak! I've gone rogue! I'll post it up tomorrow after I've spoken to Hoggfather 😉

• Like 1

Fitted A new spotlight switch to the CB500X that i got some months ago  as it looked more OEM than the alixpress handlebar switch

took longer than I expected to dismantle the front fairings to get the dash surround off to install the new switch 

Blew a fuse as forgot to disconnect the battery :-( 

Used the spare fuse and all back working now 

Honda Switch.jpg

Honda Switch box.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone have this as my new bike?? 🤣

Omg I didn't want to go back on the test ride (they let me out by myself too!!) it's so much fun. The lightness and feel of a 125 with the zoomy zooms of an 800cc 😁😁😁

p0.ducati-scrambler-800.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hoggs said:

Ducati Scrambler 😁

Ooh nice! Supposedly a really fun bike to throw around. Looks good too. No hideous visible cat either.

• Like 1

Nope, I'd never have guessed. What a great bike. Looks amazing. Bet it's a blast to ride too.

You anywhere near Old Buckenham @Hoggs? Send me a message if you ever go along to the Tuesday night bash there; it'd be worth the journey to hear one in real life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoggs said:

Anyone have this as my new bike?? 🤣

Omg I didn't want to go back on the test ride (they let me out by myself too!!) it's so much fun. The lightness and feel of a 125 with the zoomy zooms of an 800cc 😁😁😁

p0.ducati-scrambler-800.jpg

That's so unfair, I want one! 

Congratulations, this week is going to drag.. 

• Like 2