Can flame go through tiny gaps?

Guest paulggriffiths

I have invented a new type engine however I'm not entirely sure if flame will go through small gaps and ignite the upcoming fuel mixture?

If the distance it travels through is large I'm hoping the flame will put itself out?

It's a complicated process I have invented, or rather it isn't now, it has taken me months of work and I'm pretty sure at first glance you're thinking "how did he invent that? when no one else has?"

Here's a screen shot: http://griffithsengines.com/add.jpg

You can view the full graphical animation at http://griffithsengines.com.

The previous version is: however it's an industrial engines and my new is for motorbikes and cars, however as it's compact I have this flame problem it may have?

http://griffithsengines.com/gre.jpg

Thanks for any advice or critism.

First one important question.

You have already registered the IP?

Second, it should depend on proximity between flame and fuel, if heat transfer is strong enough it should inflame but this would mean that the separating material is hot enough to transmit the heat.

The image is showing a thin material so I would guess it will heat up, the next question is, will the material resist such fast heat exchange?

Anyhow, I think it's a neat idea if it works. :) :thumb:

I have questions. Why ask on here and not an engineering forum? I have limited knowledge on these things but why does the mixture have to be ignited by flame? Then my other questions are what benefits does this engine design have over any other, is it cheaper to build, more fuel efficient, a lot smaller for a given power output?

First one important question.

You have already registered the IP?

Second, it should depend on proximity between flame and fuel, if heat transfer is strong enough it should inflame but this would mean that the separating material is hot enough to transmit the heat.

The image is showing a thin material so I would guess it will heat up, the next question is, will the material resist such fast heat exchange?

Anyhow, I think it's a neat idea if it works. :) :thumb:

That was what I was thinking too, here hopes.

As for IP, I have not however they are aware of it many months ago.

I have questions. Why ask on here and not an engineering forum? I have limited knowledge on these things but why does the mixture have to be ignited by flame? Then my other questions are what benefits does this engine design have over any other, is it cheaper to build, more fuel efficient, a lot smaller for a given power output?

It's the opposite, I don't want the mixture ignited by the flame.

Benefits, no tension, no tappets or crank shaft. No valves. Continuous rotation, continuous combustion, small unit.

It's the opposite, I don't want the mixture ignited by the flame.

Benefits, no tension, no tappets or crank shaft. No valves. Continuous rotation, continuous combustion, small unit.

ah I see, so you are worried about it combusting at the wrong time. I say build one and find out. its what Colin Furze would do.

So this is a re designed wankel engine?

If I understand it is very different from Wenkel.

Regarding IP. By posting it you have lost the opportunity to register the IP according to international IP rules...

Regarding IP. By posting it you have lost the opportunity to register the IP according to international IP rules...

Technicality, as combustion engines will be illegal in a few years, it's a copyright of what you could have had.

Technicality, as combustion engines will be illegal in a few years, it's a copyright of what you could have had.

Unless you can burn hydrogen or other green fuel

Unless you can burn hydrogen or other green fuel

I can get paid to include my signature.

If the world ran on my engine I doubt the world would be cruel and I not get paid.

If the world ran on my engine I doubt the world would be cruel and I not get paid.

I'm generally cynical but that seems like a very naive statement.

I'm generally cynical but that seems like a very naive statement.

If your public with the invention then you don't get patent, however I have not built it yet. Thus not proven?

I've sent the diagrams to the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China to see what they make of this revolutionary invention . :popcorn: :popcorn:

To me it looks like you're intending on igniting a charge in a vacuum behind the vanes. Is there a preceeding compressor stage?

I'm also not seeing the point of the exhaust valve - it just seems like a restriction to me which will hurt efficiency.

There's a few other bits and bobs- it would be good to see a paper or technical document if you have it.

To me it looks like you're intending on igniting a charge in a vacuum behind the vanes. Is there a preceeding compressor stage?

I'm also not seeing the point of the exhaust valve - it just seems like a restriction to me which will hurt efficiency.

There's a few other bits and bobs- it would be good to see a paper or technical document if you have it.

There is no exhaust valve, it just goes out :)

Yes there is a compressor stage, before the "BackFlow" stage(passing through, the spark plug part is slightly expanded to allow the arm to pass through the mixture.

Im wondering whether the principal of the Davey Safety Lamp would apply to the original question.

Or the Bunsen burner and gauze mat. Flame above or below but not through.

Im wondering whether the principal of the Davey Safety Lamp would apply to the original question.

Or the Bunsen burner and gauze mat. Flame above or below but not through.

Thanks for that, gives me confidence to continue.

it could be like watching the purple helmets and the rider with a big tin of beans and with a big trumpet stuck up his fat butt :lol:

Let's say you have a 50cm wheel, at 10,000 rpm of my engine that's a potential speed of ((((50cm * 3.14159) / 100) * 10,000 * 60) / 1500) = 628.31MPH!! Beat that! :up:

The pivot point is blue, and direction of force is red arrow, that looks 20x harder to rotate than my engine, imagine traveling around all week for £5?

It's like push on a pushbike pedal when the pedal is at the top! Absolutely stupid design!

awful.jpg

Though their have to increase the road tax and petrol tax to pay for public services forcing yourself to purchase my engine :thumb: