Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

I've lost my mind 😏

The worst bit is that I love it :)

A couple days ago I spent a fortune on a Huawei watch and dedicated earphones.

I had completely abandoned wristwatch around 2011 when I realised that I always had a visible clock no matter where I was. Laptop, phone, car, living room, bedroom..

So what was the point in having the extra weight? So the Seiko was left in the drawer and I never looked at it again.

So why getting one now? I hear you ask.

Well... this one, although heavier than a regular medium size watch have a lot more features than the old Seiko.

I can now keep an eye on heart rate, stress levels, blood O2 level, quality of sleep (in my opinion the best feature in it) and a few more useless features like steps taken (yeah right :P anything over 100 steps and I'll drive there).

With it I got the best earphones I've ever had. Wireless, connects to everything that will transmit sound over bluetooth and the battery will last almost the whole day.

In the few days I've had it I've worryingly learnt quite a bit about my poor sleeping habits 😳

That I was correct about my stress

That regardless of the watch telling me I donn't give a phoq about my weight 😋

Yes I usually spend as little as I can if I can't get stuff for free but on certain items, cheap is usually more expensive. So I don't do false economy and if is something I really want I just go for it.

Same ideology I used when I got the zumo XT :thumb:

PS: And I don't give a f*ck about what the missus says 😋

Just found out this feature in the forum.

you can change this 🙃 to this 🙃

Just double click on the emoji once you have inserted it and you will have a menu where you can adjust the size.

image.png

Never mind, it doesn't work 🙄🙁

Edited by husoi

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

if you need something to watch ... Zero Zero Zero on sky :thumb:

In Scotland that will be just another cloud. 😋

Edited by husoi
Need to clean the keyboard...

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Exactly my face when you mentioned zero zero zero on the sky 😂

my first thought was that you lost it then I thought was some astronomic coordinates 😋

Just now google shown some war tv series. 🙄

25 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@husoi :classic_biggrin:

You can't go over 40px or it won't work 

I'm the kinda guy, all or nothing 😋

Why does it say 72 if you can't use it?

Edited by husoi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I believe regular users are limited.

I however am not...........:yay:

Then you wonder why people call you twat...

• Haha 4

revenge of the sith power GIF by Star Wars

:lol: @Tiggie

Good afternoon folks. 

At what point is it reasonable to tell the cleaner to pack it in? My block of flats is only 3 floors, it takes 20-25 minutes to hoover the communal areas. So far, this new guy has been going for 90 minutes since I started keeping track, so he's probably pushing 2 hours. I'm on my lunch break, but working from home with a guy intent at hoovering anything bigger than a microbe right outside your front door is pretty distracting. 

4 hours ago, stedebs said:

My mums kitchen :( I'm coming to hate working on kitchens ............ working on my sons last week and my mums this week ........ mums is going to take another few days yet though cos she's an awkward bugger lol...... still it keeps me out of mischief I suppose. 

What about you

I'm just about to embark on daughters kitchen, starting to take floor up on Sat then minor task of putting 2 gas runs in the screed. Conduit for electric and earth into gas cupboard, move a radiator and smash up the old kitchen and fit a new boiler, only bit I'm looking forward to is the Smashing 😁 

I've just come back from the dreaded B&Q £50 lighter, but well worth it though, bought a Bay tree for £25 and some other herb plants and other bits for an indoor herb garden to go on the window sill, I still want to get some more herbs as and when they become available but I have a start :thumb:

14 minutes ago, dynax said:

I've just come back from the dreaded B&Q £50 lighter, but well worth it though, bought a Bay tree for £25 and some other herb plants and other bits for an indoor herb garden to go on the window sill, I still want to get some more herbs as and when they become available but I have a start :thumb:

Urgh stuff that needs looking after, I’m done with it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Urgh stuff that needs looking after, I’m done with it! 

Aren't boulders the most beautiful things....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bet that gravel needs tending to, the moss however that’s good stuff. 

It doesn't if you use a couple layers of weed membrane under it.

Still a lot less than a planted garden

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Is the slave on the pipe long enough to come through the plaster, is it gas or water? 

It’s the LPG pipe. I’ll make sure it’s got a little clearance for movement. I’ll be boxing it in, mind, as it looks a bit rough and ready as it is. 

Holes filled ready for plaster. 👍

94B6C5D3-6D90-4DFB-A97E-6DEC60C9E847.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

It’s the LPG pipe. I’ll make sure it’s got a little clearance for movement. I’ll be boxing it in, mind, as it looks a bit rough and ready as it is. 

Holes filled ready for plaster. 👍

94B6C5D3-6D90-4DFB-A97E-6DEC60C9E847.jpeg

Pipe sleeve has to be through all building material, if the other side is an outside wall then the inside should be sealed to the sleeve so in the event of a leak in the wall section the gas  exits the sleeve and can be detected outside via the nose, is the sleeve just a larger copper pipe.

Dosen't need to be that far through but I'm sure you get the idea

_20210211_171212.JPG