Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

The Apprentice was amusing last night, they had to market a new e motorcycle which happened to be the Maeving. They couldn't have got it any more wrong 🤣

Yes it was dire. The only one who hadany idea was the losing pm and his team changed everything he had said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Has someone had a bad day? 😂

Not necessarily, but you need a firm hand when dealing with some of the project managers here :lol:

I'll be on a major piece of work, and get asked to drop things to help someone for a couple of hours. But then others do the same thing, all sugar coating it with how quick and easy it will be (rarely is). And if you agree to it, even if you say you will get to it later, it's not long until e-mails with management CC'd in are sent chasing you, or saying the delay is because of me. So I just say no, unless it's my favourite manager, who let me ride his 1998 R1 last year after I serviced it and rebuilt the forks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Not necessarily, but you need a firm hand when dealing with some of the project managers here :lol:

I'll be on a major piece of work, and get asked to drop things to help someone for a couple of hours. But then others do the same thing, all sugar coating it with how quick and easy it will be (rarely is). And if you agree to it, even if you say you will get to it later, it's not long until e-mails with management CC'd in are sent chasing you, or saying the delay is because of me. So I just say no, unless it's my favourite manager, who let me ride his 1998 R1 last year after I serviced it and rebuilt the forks. 

Ah, the “can you just?” Methodology for delivering scope creep.

How much do I not miss that…

• Like 1

I’m currently attempting to maintain or improve my fitness levels. I can’t do a great deal of exercise requiring good lungs capacity (they’re fecked. Asthma is an arse). So I’ve returned to attending a light judo session once a week. Yea gods. I ache. 

Radox is my new best friend. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I've been getting myself stressed thinking about all the various jobs I have to do around house, keep forgetting things that need doing and remembering next time It comes up.

Case in point: I went to use the hosepipe outside to clean my muddy shoes and couldn't find the spray attachment. "Oh yes I remember now, It broke and I need to buy a new one" 

So I've downloaded a todo list app onto my phone and spent last night writing down everything I can think of. I'm up to 47 so far and I bet there's more! :crybaby: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

I've been getting myself stressed thinking about all the various jobs I have to do around house, keep forgetting things that need doing and remembering next time It comes up.

Case in point: I went to use the hosepipe outside to clean my muddy shoes and couldn't find the spray attachment. "Oh yes I remember now, It broke and I need to buy a new one" 

So I've downloaded a todo list app onto my phone and spent last night writing down everything I can think of. I'm up to 47 so far and I bet there's more! :crybaby: 

I leave the to do lists to my good lady. She has several to do lists, eg. One for the house renovation, one for the garden, etc. I just ask what’s priority. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M

I am horrified to think how much would be on my list if I let the Wife add to it :mrgreen:

Delegating the task was a schoolboy error, I admit. Luckily she’s far more disciplined than I am and is not so good at delegation*, so tends to do more than her fair share. 

*translation. Doesn’t trust me to do such a good job 😂

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Number 48, remenber to write things on the app😅

• Haha 2